Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Libya: Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings | Human Rights Watch

    Human Rights Watch interviewed one protester by Skype on the evening of February 21 who described what he saw:


    The hospitals in Tripoli ran out of the blood yesterday evening. At the beginning of the protest a Land Cruiser drove past firing at people in front of it randomly. I can hear the sound of gunfire and large explosions. We saw loads of Land Cruisers full of masked men in military uniforms and heavy machine guns heading to where the huge protests are downtown. Men wearing civilian clothing in the square were shooting at us. We heard later that Abu Salim hospital was broken into. I saw guys taking off their shirts and exposing their chests to the snipers. I've never seen anything like it, I was very ashamed to hide under a tree but I am human.
    Amazing heroism in pursuit of freedom. I wonder why more Americans don't seem to be paying attention.

  2. #2
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Libya: Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings | Human Rights Watch



    Amazing heroism in pursuit of freedom. I wonder why more Americans don't seem to be paying attention.
    ME fatigue?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #3
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Amazing heroism in pursuit of freedom. I wonder why more Americans don't seem to be paying attention.
    Oh they'll pay attention soon enough...

    Oil holds near 2-1/2 year highs on Libya revolt - chicagotribune.com

    NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices held firm near 2-1/2 year highs on Tuesday as the revolt in Libya disrupted more supplies, but there was no repeat of Monday's spike as both OPEC and the IEA said they could help meet any shortage.

    Turmoil in Libya drove prices as much as 6 percent higher in the previous session, taking Brent crude in London to almost $109 a barrel for the first time since 2008.
    Take away the Libyan supply completely and holy **** people are going to start taking an interest.

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Libya: Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings | Human Rights Watch


    Amazing heroism in pursuit of freedom. I wonder why more Americans don't seem to be paying attention.
    Because The Messiah is ignoring the situation. That's why. He's sooooo worried that he'll be seen as meddling, that he's afraid to do the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Take away the Libyan supply completely and holy **** people are going to start taking an interest.
    We are so self-absorbed.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because The Messiah is ignoring the situation. That's why. He's sooooo worried that he'll be seen as meddling, that he's afraid to do the right thing.
    Libya is particarly vulnerable to Islamist forces unlike Egypt and other countries. If the US is seen as "meddling" it will strengthen their cause.

    Or do you want an Islamist regime in Libya, I thought you were against such things APDST, but thats the problem with you sometimes, you can't see the bigger picture.

    Obama is doing the right thing, personally I wish America had their own version of the "Prime Directive" which forbids interference in other countries affairs... but of course in an ideal world that would be ok, but since the Middle East is such a big oil producer that simply cannot be the case now can it.

    Unless of course you became free of Foriegn oil, then you wouldn't have to worry about any of that, but doing such a thing would be "socialism".

    And I swear to god if you start going on about drilling at home I will break my keyboard, you guys don't have enough oil in Alaska or the gulf to keep up with domestic demand.
    Last edited by Jetboogieman; 02-22-11 at 04:15 PM.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Libya is particarly vulnerable to Islamist forces unlike Egypt and other countries. If the US is seen as "meddling" it will strengthen their cause.

    Or do you want an Islamist regime in Libya, I thought you were against such things APDST, but thats the problem with you sometimes, you can't see the bigger picture.

    Obama is doing the right thing, personally I wish America had their own version of the "Prime Directive" which forbids interference in other countries affairs... but of course in an ideal world that would be ok, but since the Middle East is such a big oil producer that simply cannot be the case now can it.

    Unless of course you became free of Foriegn oil, then you wouldn't have to worry about any of that, but doing such a thing would be "socialism".

    And I swear to god if you start going on about drilling at home I will break my keyboard, you guys don't have enough oil in Alaska or the gulf to keep up with domestic demand.
    All the more reason we need to get involved, instead of being seen and sideliners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    All the more reason we need to get involved, instead of being seen and sideliners.
    If **** gets bad, I could see America stepping in, there'd be nothing to stop them.

    But here's the other side of the coin, what are you proposing exactly? Invasion, arming a faction and hope they win the civil war, supporting yet another autocrat? Whats your solution apdst?

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    If **** gets bad, I could see America stepping in, there'd be nothing to stop them.
    It would have to become Biblical bad for Obama to make that move.

    But here's the other side of the coin, what are you proposing exactly? Invasion, arming a faction and hope they win the civil war, supporting yet another autocrat? Whats your solution apdst?
    I'm not making any specific proposal--aside from not invading. I'm only saying we need to get involved and help the moderate elements--if there are any--among the anti-goverment forces oust Qhadaffi. Sitting on the sidelines isn't an option, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Libyan Commanders Should Face Justice for Killings

    We need to like... send a guy... to like... calm things down and make them our friends... or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •