Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point




    I'm not sure if this is in the right place if not Mods you can move this peace

  2. #2
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    A) It's on tape
    B) They fired the worker
    C) MY Tax Dollars SHOULDN'T go to an organiztion whose PRIMARY purpose is Abortion.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  3. #3
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    A) It's on tape
    B) They fired the worker
    C) MY Tax Dollars SHOULDN'T go to an organiztion whose PRIMARY purpose is Abortion.
    The tape was heavily edited. I guess you have no problem with Planned Parenthood then since only 3% of their services involve abortion.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    Everybody that supports planned parenthood, should break out their checkbooks and make a donation. Shouldn't that big-a-deal. Right? It's outrageous that planned parenthood has gotten government money at all, much less as long as they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #5
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Everybody that supports planned parenthood, should break out their checkbooks and make a donation. Shouldn't that big-a-deal. Right? It's outrageous that planned parenthood has gotten government money at all, much less as long as they have.
    Funding PP is a financial bargain. Every $1 spent on family planning saves $4 of government spending. They should double the funding for PP. Or triple.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  6. #6
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    Funding PP is a financial bargain. Every $1 spent on family planning saves $4 of government spending. They should double the funding for PP. Or triple.
    Where do you get that idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #7
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Where do you get that idea?
    It's all over the web. Doesn't it make sense to you? Taxpayers can either pay for birth control or they can pay for babies. Which is more expensive?

    How Has U.S. Family-Planning Aid for the Developing World Fared under Obama?: Scientific American

    Groups providing family planning services domestically would also like to see the Obama administration step up funding for their programs, not only to improve the quality of life for American families but to save money and reduce abortions as well: A 2009 report by the nonprofit Guttmacher Institute concluded that publicly funded family planning services at both hospitals and non-profit clinics saves taxpayers $4 for every $1 spent by preventing nearly two million pregnancies and 810,000 abortions per year.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    It's all over the web. Doesn't it make sense to you? Taxpayers can either pay for birth control or they can pay for babies. Which is more expensive?

    How Has U.S. Family-Planning Aid for the Developing World Fared under Obama?: Scientific American

    Groups providing family planning services domestically would also like to see the Obama administration step up funding for their programs, not only to improve the quality of life for American families but to save money and reduce abortions as well: A 2009 report by the nonprofit Guttmacher Institute concluded that publicly funded family planning services at both hospitals and non-profit clinics saves taxpayers $4 for every $1 spent by preventing nearly two million pregnancies and 810,000 abortions per year.
    I say that we pay for neither. Those women made a choice; they're the ones that should pay for it. If they can't afford it, then they should make more responsible decisions in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I say that we pay for neither. Those women made a choice; they're the ones that should pay for it. If they can't afford it, then they should make more responsible decisions in the future.
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda. We're not going to let children starve or suffer lack of clothing or shelter. Surely you can't even be suggesting that. We can pay for comprehensive sex ed in schools and try to make birth control accessible or we can pay for babies.

    You know there's no point admonishing women concerning what they SHOULD HAVE done. Once a woman is pregnant, it's too late for that. We have to deal with what IS right now. Neither is it very effective to admonish women about what they SHOULD DO in the future. All we can do is educate them and hope for the best, if the result is less than the best, then we still have to deal with what IS right now.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  10. #10
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda. We're not going to let children starve or suffer lack of clothing or shelter. Surely you can't even be suggesting that. We can pay for comprehensive sex ed in schools and try to make birth control accessible or we can pay for babies.

    You know there's no point admonishing women concerning what they SHOULD HAVE done. Once a woman is pregnant, it's too late for that. We have to deal with what IS right now. Neither is it very effective to admonish women about what they SHOULD DO in the future. All we can do is educate them and hope for the best, if the result is less than the best, then we still have to deal with what IS right now.
    Or, we can slap these welfare queens in the face with a big dose of reality and shock them into the real world, with the rest of us.

    As with planned parenthood, the difference can be made up through private donations. I'm sure all the bleeding hearts that demand more taxes will be the first ones to cut a check to these orgs.

    Instead of raising billions to get more Libbos elected, ya'll can raise billions to pay for the welfare class. You'll have lower taxes, so you'll be able to afford it, easier.
    Last edited by apdst; 02-19-11 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •