Page 65 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #641
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,622

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    LOL....how much of my money do you want?

    You are free to call anyone out you wish..but you will end up with egg on your face.

    Your premise is that ALL money is the Gov's....it isn't.
    You do not read very well do you?

    Nobody said that. It is absurd in the extreme and only serves to illustrate the intellectual emptiness of your position.

    Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society. Oliver Wendell Holmes said that. He knew what he was talking about.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #642
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,622

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Wow.

    Twisted logic.....

    Reduce your spending Paisan....it will fix everything.
    Don't do something incredibly stupid and cut your income at a time when you already have trouble making ends meet. What kind of outright economics idiot would even consider doing something as foolish as that?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #643
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You do not read very well do you?

    Nobody said that. It is absurd in the extreme and only serves to illustrate the intellectual emptiness of your position.

    Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society. Oliver Wendell Holmes said that. He knew what he was talking about.
    So why don't you lay out for us what you believe is the fair share for all Americans to pay in taxes? Do you believe 47% of the income earners not paying any Federal Income taxes is fair? If you are worried about the deficit how about collecting something from those 47%?

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nearly...67323.html?x=0

  4. #644
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Are you that naive that you believe corporations aren't people and aren't going to pass any tax increases on to their customers or their employees by not giving pay increases?
    Well, they are currently going to get a tax break under Walker's plan, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

    But the general idea is that businesses pass a part of it on based on how elastic their product is. Basically, inelastic businesses don't need to give breaks to their customers and will pass as much tax on as possible because they know the customer has to pay them either way.

    Economics is not black and white. It's not "if we cut taxes business gets better and prices lower!" It would be nice, but it is not a reality.

  5. #645
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    No need, I fully understand that spending is the problem......you see the Macro issue is NEVER bigger than the micro issue....one simply proves the other....Math maybe the only absolute we can hope for.

    Now...you do understand that the Gov cannot create wealth?
    Did you just say the Big issue is never bigger than the Small issue?

  6. #646
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So when you give unfunded tax breaks to the rich which we have done since Reagan, and that amount is added to the debt, it is suddenly not debt anymore????

    On my budget I have to cut spending and increase revenues to pay off my debts. How is it different with the country? If you decrease revenues and increase spending what happens?
    I earned 5 bucks. You tell me to give it to you. I say no.
    Do you have 5 bucks less than before? Of course not.

    It doesn't matter if you are a thousand in debt, I didn't add to it by keeping my own money.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #647
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Well, they are currently going to get a tax break under Walker's plan, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

    But the general idea is that businesses pass a part of it on based on how elastic their product is. Basically, inelastic businesses don't need to give breaks to their customers and will pass as much tax on as possible because they know the customer has to pay them either way.

    Economics is not black and white. It's not "if we cut taxes business gets better and prices lower!" It would be nice, but it is not a reality.
    What do you think those evil corporations do with their tax cuts? You do realize that a tax cut for a corporation just takes less of what they earned and isn't a check written by the taxpayers? Do you have anything invested in a 401K? Where do you think the growth comes from?

  8. #648
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,622

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So why don't you lay out for us what you believe is the fair share for all Americans to pay in taxes? Do you believe 47% of the income earners not paying any Federal Income taxes is fair? If you are worried about the deficit how about collecting something from those 47%?

    Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance
    I am not obsessed with one particular tax over others the way the extreme right wing is. I do not think the income tax is the be all and end all of taxation. In fact, when you add in ALL taxation paid to ALL levels of government for ALL things - what you find out is that the difference between the extreme rich pay and what the rest of us pay is about 1.5% of our income.

    Bottom line: we all pay about the same percentage in total taxes. Rich folks may pay more in actual dollars but average folks pay a higher percentage of their income in regressive taxes.. and there are a whole lot more of those than there are progressive ones. But this is nothing new to you is it? This has been explained to you over and over and over again in thread after thread after thread almost every time this silly 47% subject comes up.

    But yet again, it will roll off of you like water off a ducks back and you will continue to obsess about the 47% and income tax. It will be like no ugly reality has disturbed your world at all.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #649
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What do you think those evil corporations do with their tax cuts? You do realize that a tax cut for a corporation just takes less of what they earned and isn't a check written by the taxpayers? Do you have anything invested in a 401K? Where do you think the growth comes from?
    What? A 401k is an investment that I pay out of my pocket for retirement and the company often matches payments up to a certain points - and it's tax free! That's great, what does that have to do with anything?

    You do realize that a tax cut for anyone is the same thing? I still don't see what that has to do with 401ks, but whatever. What do you think corporations do with money they get? Reinvest? Buy back common stock? Pay off long-term debt (or debt in general)? Keep it for liquidity?

    They do lots of stuff but not much of it involves money "trickling" down to the plebs.

  10. #650
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am not obsessed with one particular tax over others the way the extreme right wing is. I do not think the income tax is the be all and end all of taxation. In fact, when you add in ALL taxation paid to ALL levels of government for ALL things - what you find out is that the difference between the extreme rich pay and what the rest of us pay is about 1.5% of our income.

    Bottom line: we all pay about the same percentage in total taxes. Rich folks may pay more in actual dollars but average folks pay a higher percentage of their income in regressive taxes.. and there are a whole lot more of those than there are progressive ones. But this is nothing new to you is it? This has been explained to you over and over and over again in thread after thread after thread almost every time this silly 47% subject comes up.

    But yet again, it will roll off of you like water off a ducks back and you will continue to obsess about the 47% and income tax. It will be like no ugly reality has disturbed your world at all.
    Do you realize that ALL taxes don't fund the Federal Govt, but instead FEDERAL INCOME TAXES fund the Federal Govt. and that is the issue. You have the ability to move from state to state to affect tax rates but it is harder to escape the Federal Income taxes. Apparently you don't seem to know the expense line items in the budget even though I have posted them numerous times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •