Page 48 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I corrected that. In 2010 70% of the top ten big money groups were conservative and 30% were the unions. And guess what, overwhelming support still means gave more.
    30% that have less than 20% of the work force.

  2. #472
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The dog isn't the one getting raped here. Take a look around you as more and more of the middle class falls below the poverty line, while the wealth of the super rich grows. But I'm sure you have evidence to prove that the middle class is doing better and it is the super rich that is suffering, right?
    Please refute the facts --- discuss the facts --- or debate the validity or invalidity of the facts. Just don't waste time making hyperbolic accusations and appeals to emotion. If all you care about is class warfare, I've really got nothing else for ya.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #473
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,853

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Makes absolutely perfect sense to Haymarket, Conservative. He's a retired teacher with 33 years in the system; now he works for his state legislature. Can you spell "double dipping potential?" You will never convince Haymarket, Conservative. He has waaay too much to lose.
    Maggie

    Every dollar in my pocket was and is honestly earned. My average workday now is 12 hours a day. If I am fortunate, and its a light week, I only put in 8 on Monday and Friday.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #474
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,853

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, a lot had changed since FDR's time.

    For example, in FDR"s time Detroit had a thriving economy.

    Detroit Schools to be Shut Down | JOSIC: News, Sports, Style, Culture & Technology
    If we listed ALL the changes since FDR, you would need a library.... and then some. Your link is hardly relevant to the topic.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Maggie

    Every dollar in my pocket was and is honestly earned. My average workday now is 12 hours a day. If I am fortunate, and its a light week, I only put in 8 on Monday and Friday.
    Poor guy. I am away from home 3 weeks at a time and home one week. Feel sorry for me yet?

  6. #476
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,853

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Poor guy. I am away from home 3 weeks at a time and home one week. Feel sorry for me yet?
    Why uis it that you need to put up a little smilie hoping to convicne people that your 'remark' is somehow funny?

    Why would I feel sorry for you? I have no idea what you do or it it serves any actual good purpose.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why uis it that you need to put up a little smilie hoping to convicne people that your 'remark' is somehow funny?

    Why would I feel sorry for you? I have no idea what you do or it it serves any actual good purpose.
    Then you don't pay attention I have not hidden the fact I am a truckdriver. The fact you bring up 12 hour days is laughable to a truck driver. We often run our log books out of hours at 14 hours. I seldom make it home for holidays. I am not complaining but I am looking to get a local job and get off the road. At my age I would like to spend more time with my wife

  8. #478
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice spin but we all know that unions are part of the democrat party Obama has proven that over the last 2 years

    Shocking Level of Influence Exposed: Union Boss Trumka Talks to White House EVERY DAY and Visits a Couple Times A Week | The Blaze
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #479
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    discuss the facts
    Income Gap Is Widening, Data Shows:

    "Income inequality grew significantly in 2005, with the top 1 percent of Americans — those with incomes that year of more than $348,000 — receiving their largest share of national income since 1928, analysis of newly released tax data shows.

    The top 10 percent, roughly those earning more than $100,000, also reached a level of income share not seen since before the Depression.

    While total reported income in the United States increased almost 9 percent in 2005, the most recent year for which such data is available, average incomes for those in the bottom 90 percent dipped slightly compared with the year before, dropping $172, or 0.6 percent.

    The gains went largely to the top 1 percent, whose incomes rose to an average of more than $1.1 million each, an increase of more than $139,000, or about 14 percent.

    The new data also shows that the top 300,000 Americans collectively enjoyed almost as much income as the bottom 150 million Americans. Per person, the top group received 440 times as much as the average person in the bottom half earned, nearly doubling the gap from 1980."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/29/business/29tax.html
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #480
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Income Gap Is Widening, Data Shows:

    "Income inequality grew significantly in 2005, with the top 1 percent of Americans — those with incomes that year of more than $348,000 — receiving their largest share of national income since 1928, analysis of newly released tax data shows.

    The top 10 percent, roughly those earning more than $100,000, also reached a level of income share not seen since before the Depression.

    While total reported income in the United States increased almost 9 percent in 2005, the most recent year for which such data is available, average incomes for those in the bottom 90 percent dipped slightly compared with the year before, dropping $172, or 0.6 percent.

    The gains went largely to the top 1 percent, whose incomes rose to an average of more than $1.1 million each, an increase of more than $139,000, or about 14 percent.

    The new data also shows that the top 300,000 Americans collectively enjoyed almost as much income as the bottom 150 million Americans. Per person, the top group received 440 times as much as the average person in the bottom half earned, nearly doubling the gap from 1980."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/29/business/29tax.html
    See post #464

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059304078
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •