Page 47 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #461
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Cannot defend your position, I see. That is what liberals always say when challenged. Amazing how foolish the union leadership makes their employees look.
    really no point in discussing anything having to do with unions with you...you have no clue as to what you are talking about. kinda pointless

  2. #462
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    really no point in discussing anything having to do with unions with you...you have no clue as to what you are talking about. kinda pointless
    Some people are totally brainwashed and ignore the actual posted data to the contrary

  3. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Conservative - this at least the third time I have to point out to you that this is the year 2011 and FDR has been dead for over seventy years now. I guess its progress that; you are fixated on FDR - but you have to accept that he is dead and the nation has moved on.
    Yes, a lot had changed since FDR's time.

    For example, in FDR"s time Detroit had a thriving economy.

    Detroit Schools to be Shut Down | JOSIC: News, Sports, Style, Culture & Technology

  4. #464
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    State's budgets are in trouble because of the 8 trillion dollar housing bubble and shady banking practices, not because teachers, firefighters and policeman are being overpaid. Get real! Why should they be penalized?
    You're one of 3 people in this country reading Dean Baker. You align with him because you believe in social justice and the "rich are evil, lets steal their money - they don't need it" philosophy. I understand why you like it - here's was he says:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Baker - Economist
    If members of Congress are too intimidated to do what is needed to fix the economy, then Wisconsin's legislators should do what common sense dictates: follow the money. Rather than taking pay and benefits from schoolteachers and firefighters, it makes sense to take money from the people who have it. This means taxing Wisconsin's wealthy and its corporations. The tax increase only needs to be temporary, since the state budget should be fine once the economy recovers.
    It's all Alan Greenspans fault...

    Here are facts for you instead of social justice rhetoric.

    Entitlements:

    Medicaid deficit: $150 million in 2011, $1.8 billion by 2013.
    Walker's State of the State speech warns of tough cuts, but is light on details

    Pension deficit:

    The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research shows Wisconsin's pension system is funded at 72% or lower, causing a $8.6 billion dollar shortfall. (April 2010)
    http://www.edchoice.org/CMSModules/E...-You-Think.pdf

    Public school expenditures by district for health care: (Note: The WEA and Unions nepotism is evident, as the Unions and WEA are clearly connected).

    http://www.publicschoolspending.com/...nal-report.pdf

    Debt:

    Wisconsin has a total state debt of $17,971,519,547 when calculated by adding the total of outstanding debt, pension and OPEB UAALs, unemployment trust funds and the 2010 budget gap as of July 2010.[2]
    Wisconsin state budget - Sunshine Review


    School deficits have been growing:

    Milwaukee Public Schools built up a $10.7 million deficit this year, with 93 schools going into debt this year. Milwaukee Public Schools racked up nearly $2.4 billion in long-term, non-pension obligations to retirees and their spouses, according to new figures released August 2010.[6]

    Nineteen of the schools reported deficits of more then $200,000.[7]

    Wisconsin school system - Sunshine Review


    It's not the "eeevvvill" corporations, it's not Greenspan or any other patsy the progressive liberal economists want to tag in the blame game. It's irresponsible practices across the board - and Public Unions are one of the causes. If you want to go on about how this is all some housing bubble mishap, you're free to do so; however I invite you to join the rest of America in the real world.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #465
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You're one of 3 people in this country reading Dean Baker. You align with him because you believe in social justice and the "rich are evil, lets steal their money - they don't need it" philosophy.
    Yes, I believe in social justice. It makes no sense to me to give the bankers that ****** us trillions of dollars and then go after the teachers, firefighters, and policeman to try to even the books. But that's just me.

    Why do you want to destroy the middle class? You think the world would be a better place if run by corporations?
    Last edited by Catawba; 02-23-11 at 12:49 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #466
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes, I believe in social justice. It makes no sense to me to give the bankers that ****** us trillions of dollars and then go after the teachers, firefighters, and policeman to try to even the books. But that's just me.

    Why do you want to destroy the middle class? You think the world would be a better place if run by corporations?
    Why do you want to rape your dog? ---- You see how stupid that sounds? That's how your statement above sounds, and since you cannot dispute the facts you have to resort to hyperbole and appeals to emotion to push your point of view. Look, the facts are the facts - I know you don't like them but that's the reality.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    You claim that you were at one time a shop steward (yet you don’t know where, or what your craft was at the time) and you still make the claim that union dues gets used for political purposes? I suggest you use goggle. Here are the key words …. Union Dues + Political Purposes
    Nice spin but we all know that unions are part of the democrat party Obama has proven that over the last 2 years

  8. #468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    then why won't walker take all the concessions the unions are offering? this is all about collective bargaining, not the budget.
    What has the union offered?

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    what i expect is that the media fully report what he said, and cns does not meet that challenge.
    You mean if the democrat obsessed liberal media does not report it is not true?

  10. #470
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Why do you want to rape your dog? ----
    The dog isn't the one getting raped here. Take a look around you as more and more of the middle class falls below the poverty line, while the wealth of the super rich grows. But I'm sure you have evidence to prove that the middle class is doing better and it is the super rich that is suffering, right?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •