Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201 LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #1991
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, I don't have to prove it isn't happening. The burden of proof lies with the person saying it is happening. You can't claim a law is being broken without evidence. Absence of evidence means you don't have ****.
    This is a good start but doesn't really matter to you does it? Notice that the Supreme Court ruled against mandatory dues of NON MEMBERS not be used for campaign contributions but not about Members contributions. Where is all the money coming from for trying to buy elections in Wisconsin?

    The Use of Labor Union Dues for Political Purposes: A Legal Analysis

  2. #1992
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is a good start but doesn't really matter to you does it? Notice that the Supreme Court ruled against mandatory dues of NON MEMBERS not be used for campaign contributions but not about Members contributions. Where is all the money coming from for trying to buy elections in Wisconsin?

    The Use of Labor Union Dues for Political Purposes: A Legal Analysis
    Notice the silence from those who piled on? Guess a lot of people don't understand the difference between full union paying dues and non union members partial dues and where their money goes. Not surprising that apparently these people are Obama supporters. they are not only duped by Obama but also Union leadership.

  3. #1993
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Notice the silence from those who piled on? Guess a lot of people don't understand the difference between full union paying dues and non union members partial dues and where their money goes. Not surprising that apparently these people are Obama supporters. they are not only duped by Obama but also Union leadership.
    I'm waiting for you to provide evidence. I linked that earlier.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1994
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm waiting for you to provide evidence. I linked that earlier.
    I gave you the link of the Congressional study, there is nothing that prevents unions from using full union member dues for politcal purposes, the issue is with non full paying non members in closed shops. You don't seem to know the difference.

  5. #1995
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you have any thing for a less questionable source?


    In a line of decisions, the Supreme Court has addressed this issue and has concluded that compulsory union dues of non-members may not be used for political and ideological activities that are outside the scope of the unions’ collective bargaining and labor-management duties when non-members object to such use.

    The Use of Labor Union Dues for Political Purposes: A Legal Analysis
    So the facts are correct but you don't like the source i get it

  6. #1996
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I gave you the link of the Congressional study, there is nothing that prevents unions from using full union member dues for politcal purposes, the issue is with non full paying non members in closed shops. You don't seem to know the difference.
    That was the 88 ruling. You can also continue on down that page and look up state intititives that have led to limit even union member dues being spent. And your page you link aslo states union members can restrict their dues to not be used politically.

    Again, you must show 1) it is being done, and 2) that laws are being broken if you claim they are.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1997
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So the facts are correct but you don't like the source i get it
    No, I doubt your what your source passes as fact. your source makes a leap, and offers little to no support.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1998
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I doubt your what your source passes as fact. your source makes a leap, and offers little to no support.
    So what facts make you question it? I see what I have known as a former union member for many years

  9. #1999
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That was the 88 ruling. You can also continue on down that page and look up state intititives that have led to limit even union member dues being spent. And your page you link aslo states union members can restrict their dues to not be used politically.

    Again, you must show 1) it is being done, and 2) that laws are being broken if you claim they are.
    The Supreme Court overrules the states, and it is you that doesn't get it, full union paying members can and do have their union dues used for political campaigns, non union members forced to pay some union dues in a union shop AREN'T. Your ideology trumps reality.

  10. #2000
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So the facts are correct but you don't like the source i get it
    Where were there any facts? The author merely claims. He states something as if no evidence is needed. he offers no study, no statisitcal evince. He only states something and depends on your willness to accept it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •