Page 15 of 201 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #141
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have still failed to present any evidence of the charges you made. Your Detroit story does nothing to substantiate your previous claims as they are not related and one does not support the charges made in the other. Your source also is four years out of date and fails to take into consideration
    1- concession contracts the unions have made changing those numbers in favor of the company
    2- contracts which establish a two tiered wage system where newer workers hired since then are making significantly less which drives down the average tremendously

    Try again please.
    Oh Hay...you are nothing if not consistent. Nothing ever fits your definition (especially when it disproves your argument, and you refuse to answer questions...so...guess who WONT be playing your stupid games?

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Wait...wait...I thought bonuses for business that recieved federal bailouts were BAD...

    WIsconsin cannot afford to sustain current business practices. Like in New York, New Jersey, California, etc, they are facing budget shrotfalls. UNLIKE other states (and the federal government, Wisconsin cant just push their deficits onto future generations...they have a balanced budget amendment. Things WILL change there. You may not like it...but...well...too bad.
    and like i said, unions have, and i suspect, continue to step up and do their part...you labor under the assumption that unions have caused this entire budget mess, and that is wrong, and i suspect that you know that that assumption is wrong, but you don't care, as it is a chance to bash unions.

  3. #143
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have still failed to present any evidence of the charges you made. Your Detroit story does nothing to substantiate your previous claims as they are not related and one does not support the charges made in the other. Your source also is four years out of date and fails to take into consideration
    1- concession contracts the unions have made changing those numbers in favor of the company
    2- contracts which establish a two tiered wage system where newer workers hired since then are making significantly less which drives down the average tremendously

    Try again please.
    you know he is going to continue to just sling crap at the wall and see if something sticks...

  4. #144
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    business constantly lobbies to lower worker protections, workplace safety requirements , work to adjust conditions on which overtime has to be paid....without the unions 'in the way', i'm sure this would all be much easier to accomplish...
    Do we need public service unions? They already have protection.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    They are getting written excuses from real doctors at the protest. They are being good role models for the students they took to the protest aren't they?
    The govenor should identify as many liars as possible and have them immediately fired. If they find a doctor who tries to defraud the state by lying, then they should be stripped of their liscense to practice in Wisc.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Oh wow. My bad on reading comprehension. I thought that the NG would work with corrections to make sure the workers didn't strike.
    Don't feel bad. At first glance I also went Yikes WTF! LOL
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #147
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    and like i said, unions have, and i suspect, continue to step up and do their part...you labor under the assumption that unions have caused this entire budget mess, and that is wrong, and i suspect that you know that that assumption is wrong, but you don't care, as it is a chance to bash unions.
    Horse****. I have said NUMEROUS times, labor is NEVER the sole fault. I have also said I dont fault teachers for trying to get as much compensation as they can nor being upset that they may lose compensation. I stated several times there is more than just one side of the story. Im also not going to blame a governor that has been in office for less thahn 2 months with creating the problem. He isnt sitting back whining about the mess he was handed by his predecessor and blaming everything on everyone else. He is addressing a problem. And instead of working WITH him to address the problem the democrat reps of Wisconsin went off into hiding. THATS going to turn out well...isnt it?

    Now who is it that only see's one side?
    Last edited by VanceMack; 02-20-11 at 01:28 PM.

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Do we need public service unions? They already have protection.
    once you start stripping one group of rights, who is next?

  9. #149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    once you start stripping one group of rights, who is next?
    Never fear. They are dusting off that list they have had ready since the 1950's.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #150
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    once you start stripping one group of rights, who is next?
    Those teachers...the ones making 100+k in compensation...well over the state average...man...it must SUCK being treated like Egyptians making an average of 2$ a day. It also must suck that for their 'day of anger' and protests, the unions said...sure...expect them to lose some benefits to help with the state budget...all we care about is adding more people to the unions roles...dues to the coffers...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •