Page 144 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #1431
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Those with advanced degrees were figured in the average,
    Correct, that is what I said.

    but the average does not reflect the average of those teachers with advanced degrees -- it reflects the average of all teachers...advanced degree or no.
    I never said that. My point was that you cannot directly compare average income earned in the private sector by some one with just a bachelors degree with the Wisconsin educators average income which includes those with Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate degrees.



    Here's something else I found: Wisconsin Myths and Facts - Matthew Shaffer - National Review Online

    Give it up, Catawba. Just give it up.

    Are we trading winger links now????

    Here's one for you:

    Class War In Wisconsin
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #1432
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    public unions are good for the democratic party and that is where your inquiry can end. public sector unions funnel tax dollars to the dem party and that is why operatives of the dem party support them
    Yep, no doubt about it although total hypocrits but as you say it never is about benefiting the people but instead benefiting the leadership by keeping people dependent.

  3. #1433
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, no doubt about it although total hypocrits but as you say it never is about benefiting the people but instead benefiting the leadership by keeping people dependent.
    every leftwing scheme is touted as a means to "help the poor" and "working people" when in reality it is to get rich dems elected so they can become richer and keep their voters dependent on them



  4. #1434
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    $5,000 including the BAD ONES and the no good for nothing educators, why?? because they have to earn the same wages, why?? because they belong to the union. How does this help our children??? Weed out the bad ones or fire them, but NO.... you can't fire them because they belong to the union.

    There are many mechanisms to get rid of bad teachers, not so many to get rid of bad corporations that rob billions of pensioners their retirement funds. Please list your evidence of bad teachers in Wisconsin.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1435
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    There are many mechanisms to get rid of bad teachers, not so many to get rid of bad corporations that rob billions of pensioners their retirement funds. Please list your evidence of bad teachers in Wisconsin.
    I am not forced to pay for bad corporations unless its the government bailing them out

    if a corporation robbed people that is a felony and 93 Obama appointed Federal prosecutors and a few thousand of their assistants can file charges



  6. #1436
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,026

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    There are many mechanisms to get rid of bad teachers, not so many to get rid of bad corporations that rob billions of pensioners their retirement funds. Please list your evidence of bad teachers in Wisconsin.
    Hell will freeze over before you get that.

    Its sad when you have to explain reality to somebody time after time and they still keep harping on the same one note.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1437
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Hell will freeze over before you get that.

    Its sad when you have to explain reality to somebody time after time and they still keep harping on the same one note.
    reality being why the democratic party is right and anyone who wants to cut the power of that party to suck up tax dollars through its organ known as the teachers' unions is wrong?



  8. #1438
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Hell will freeze over before you get that.

    Its sad when you have to explain reality to somebody time after time and they still keep harping on the same one note.
    Haymarket, are you a Democrat operative that supports the Democrat agenda of spending in the name of compassion that always keeps people dependent and thus Democrats in power? Too bad there are so many gullible people who buy that agenda.

  9. #1439
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am not forced to pay for bad corporations unless its the government bailing them out

    if a corporation robbed people that is a felony and 93 Obama appointed Federal prosecutors and a few thousand of their assistants can file charges

    Billions of pensioners are still out of their life savings aren't they? Good luck with you class war next November dude!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1440
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Billions of pensioners are still out of their life savings aren't they? Good luck with you class war next November dude!
    they were robbed?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •