Page 143 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #1421
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    This means nothing if you do not look at each career field.
    ouch that is sort of a serious bitch slap on some of the "citations" we have seen thrown arond



  2. #1422
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    No-no-no. I called the study out because it said the pension plan was in great shape....and later found I was incorrect. Haymarket, I can do the math myself -- from U.S. Census Data. And I did it above. Jeffrey Keefe has concluded (if you click on his report) that public sector employees throughout the country are underpaid when compared to the private sector. How could anyone believe that? Where is the methodology? Where are links to US Census Bureau Data?

    I'm not buying it. Doesn't pass the MaggieD Test. Sorry.
    Paul Simon wrote in THE BOXER

    "a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."
    I see it applies to a woman also.

    It is a sad indictment on the USA today when a self imposed ideological belief system trumps fact and data. Very sad for all of us.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1423
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ouch that is sort of a serious bitch slap on some of the "citations" we have seen thrown arond
    Written by someone who would know having been on the receiving of many a bitch slap right here on these pages.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1424
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Written by someone who would know having been on the receiving of many a bitch slap right here on these pages.
    Still waiting for a response to what is preventing Federal Public Union employees from having the same rights as Wisconsin public union employees. I wouldn't be talking about someone else being bitch slapped. Looks to me like Turtle has handled you quite well.

  5. #1425
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Still waiting for a response to what is preventing Federal Public Union employees from having the same rights as Wisconsin public union employees. I wouldn't be talking about someone else being bitch slapped. Looks to me like Turtle has handled you quite well.
    You had your answer earlier in the day. The reality is that you do not understand the difference between levels of government and separation of powers. The fact that you do not accept it is your problem. Not mine.

    And you really need to go back and read. It was your buddy Turtle who brought up the bitch slapping. Of course, recognizing a fellow True Believer prostrating himself before the same altar as you do, you eagerly jump to his defense. No surprise there.

    Its funny when you righties stretch logic and reason and jump from A to Z without so much as a cute song from furry Elmo in the middle. This is what you do time after time in thread after thread in post after post regardless of the topic. And you do it again now.

    You just don't get it. States have certain powers. The federal government has certain powers. They are not the same. They do not have to be the same. One does not negate the other.

    So now you can give us all a quote from FDR.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1426
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Written by someone who would know having been on the receiving of many a bitch slap right here on these pages.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unionsCease this behavior or you will be "bitch-slapped" to a thread ban.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #1427
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You had your answer earlier in the day. The reality is that you do not understand the difference between levels of government and separation of powers. The fact that you do not accept it is your problem. Not mine.

    And you really need to go back and read. It was your buddy Turtle who brought up the bitch slapping. Of course, recognizing a fellow True Believer prostrating himself before the same altar as you do, you eagerly jump to his defense. No surprise there.

    Its funny when you righties stretch logic and reason and jump from A to Z without so much as a cute song from furry Elmo in the middle. This is what you do time after time in thread after thread in post after post regardless of the topic. And you do it again now.

    You just don't get it. States have certain powers. The federal government has certain powers. They are not the same. They do not have to be the same. One does not negate the other.

    So now you can give us all a quote from FDR.
    Nice dodge, I know the difference quite well and you didn't answer the question. States have certain power but there is absolutely nothing to prevent the President and Congress to give Federal Public unions full collective bargaining rights but haven't done so because it makes no sense and even though the Federal Govt. doesn't have to balance their budget and can print money. Yet for some reason you believe it is ok for the states to do what the Federal Govt has chosen not to do. That is liberal logic?

  8. #1428
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nice dodge, I know the difference quite well and you didn't answer the question. States have certain power but there is absolutely nothing to prevent the President and Congress to give Federal Public unions full collective bargaining rights but haven't done so because it makes no sense and even though the Federal Govt. doesn't have to balance their budget and can print money. Yet for some reason you believe it is ok for the states to do what the Federal Govt has chosen not to do. That is liberal logic?
    I deal with reality.
    You seem to be stuck in What If or Why Not Land.

    You claim that you know the difference and that you understand both federalism and the separation of powers. Anyone with that understanding knows that is the end of it and the question is answered.
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-27-11 at 11:26 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1429
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I deal with reality.
    You seem to be stuck in What If or Why Not Land.

    You claim that you know the difference and that you understand both federalism and the separation of powers. Anyone with that understanding knows that is the end of it and the question is answered.
    Your version of reality that is. You cannot explain why public union collective bargaining is good for states who are required to balance their budgets but not for the Federal Govt. that can print money and run up a debt. There is no reality in that nor is there any logic and common sense. States can do it so can the Federal Govt, but the Federal Govt. has chosen not to do it.

  10. #1430
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your version of reality that is. You cannot explain why public union collective bargaining is good for states who are required to balance their budgets but not for the Federal Govt. that can print money and run up a debt. There is no reality in that nor is there any logic and common sense. States can do it so can the Federal Govt, but the Federal Govt. has chosen not to do it.
    public unions are good for the democratic party and that is where your inquiry can end. public sector unions funnel tax dollars to the dem party and that is why operatives of the dem party support them



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •