Page 138 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #1371
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    And I want all the working stiffs to thank God for our businesses, entrepreneurs and capitalists who created the corporations that have made this nation the most prosperous in the world
    Have you ever seen the great German silent expressionist film METROPOLIS? You can take your post and the one from Randel that you are replying to and you have the crux of the film.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #1372
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You'll get no proof from me because I'm not arguing that point. It's a strawman in this debate. I'm arguing that public sector workers get the finest pension plans on planet earth, that the only reason they were given those generous pensions was to buy their votes and earn union cash in the pockets of Democrats.
    Oh, I thought that is what you said here:

    I know that tax breaks stimulate business and are given alllll the time.
    So no proof? I thought you had suggested there was some kind of budget crisis. Their pensions are better because they negotiated to have better pensions due to their low salaries.

    In the real private-sector world, employees contribute 7.65% of wages into Social Security and Medicare. In the public sector, in Wisconsin, teachers, up 'til Governor Walker, paid NOTHING. In the real private-sector world, employees are covered by 401K's and similar defined contribution plans by a wiiiide margin. The public sector is covered by defined benefit plans to the tune of 90%.
    In the real world college education pays better than $50,000 a year.

    Under current collective bargaining agreements, Wisconsin teachers pay nothing toward their healthcare. It costs the state 38.8% of wages for the teachers' healthcare plans. In the real private-sector world, the average is 10.7%. Teachers in Wisconsin get free healthcare in retirement and are eligible to retire in their 50's. The state picks up their health insurance premiums as they exist at retirement, only asking the retiree to pay the increases until they're eligible for Medicare. That is almost nonexistent in the real private-sector world. Oh, to be a teacher in Wisconsin. Or, actually? Even better? Illinois, where I live.

    Again, is the real world private sector pay $50,000 for a 4 to 8 years of college? That's just rolling in dough as far as you are concerned?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #1373
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Here is a helpful tip for you Conservative. When you reprint the post of someone else and they post something underneath, its an indication you are relying to the thought expressed in that previous post.

    Your post in reply to mine had nothing to do with my post at all. It was merely your excuse to say what you wanted to say without speaking to what I said. In the future, I would ask you to leave my posts out of it unless you speak directly to it.

    i have spoken directly to your FDR point time and time and time again. So have many others.
    And you have yet to explain why the most pro union President in U.S. history made the statement against collective bargaining for public unions nor have you addressed the fact that the Wisconsin public union has more rights than the Federal Public unions indicating that all Presidents felt the same way. Obama has had two years to change that and hasn't/

  4. #1374
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you have yet to explain why the most pro union President in U.S. history made the statement against collective bargaining for public unions nor have you addressed the fact that the Wisconsin public union has more rights than the Federal Public unions indicating that all Presidents felt the same way. Obama has had two years to change that and hasn't/
    Are you not keeping up with the responses on this very site? Its all there for you. Just go back and look. You have been told over and over and over again that FDR expressed his personal opinion in a private letter. And FDR was not God. At least that is what all you right wingers have proclaimed for the last seventy years. He had a riht to his opinion and in this case he was incorrect. So what? The American he talked about has changed drastically. It is no longer the Thirties anymore.

    My calendar on the wall says 2011. What does yours say Conservative? 1936?
    The president in universe is Barack Omaba. Who is president in your world Conservative? FDR?

    You seem to feel you really have some winning ace here to play and trump everyone else. Guess what? We don't care.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAp-T...eature=related
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-27-11 at 02:24 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #1375
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Are you not keeping up with the responses on this very site? Its all there for you. Just go back and look. You have been told over and over and over again that FDR expressed his personal opinion in a private letter. And FDR was not God. At least that is what all you right wingers have proclaimed for the last seventy years. He had a riht to his opinion and in this case he was incorrect. So what? The American he talked about has changed drastically. It is no longer the Thirties anymore.

    My calendar on the wall says 2011. What does yours say Conservative? 1936?
    The president in universe is Barack Omaba. Who is president in your world Conservative? FDR?

    You seem to feel you really have some winning ace here to play and trump everyone else. Guess what? We don't care.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAp-T...eature=related
    I anxiously await your explanation as to why Federal Public Union Employees have not been given the collective bargaining rights that the public union employees have in Wisconsin. Seems that FDR's beliefs have been supported by every President since including the current one, Barack Obama who had a partisan Democrat Congress for two years and never even brought the issue up.

  6. #1376
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I anxiously await your explanation as to why Federal Public Union Employees have not been given the collective bargaining rights that the public union employees have in Wisconsin. Seems that FDR's beliefs have been supported by every President since including the current one, Barack Obama who had a partisan Democrat Congress for two years and never even brought the issue up.
    this should help you understand

    Separation of powers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Also you may want to look at the three levels of Government and how State and Federal are two different things.

    its really pretty basic high school Civics.
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-27-11 at 03:08 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1377
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Oh, I thought that is what you said here:

    So no proof? I thought you had suggested there was some kind of budget crisis. Their pensions are better because they negotiated to have better pensions due to their low salaries.
    No, actually, they negotiated to have better pensions because those representing taxpayers at the bargaining table gave away the store to line their campaign coffers and keep themselves in office.

    In the real world college education pays better than $50,000 a year.
    In the real world, people work 52 weeks a year. BA degree national average: $56,000. Business work days? 260; Wisconsin teachers? 190 work days. $56,000 adjusted means teachers are making the equivalent of $68,400.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #1378
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Are you not keeping up with the responses on this very site? Its all there for you. Just go back and look. You have been told over and over and over again that FDR expressed his personal opinion in a private letter. And FDR was not God. At least that is what all you right wingers have proclaimed for the last seventy years. He had a riht to his opinion and in this case he was incorrect. So what? The American he talked about has changed drastically. It is no longer the Thirties anymore.

    My calendar on the wall says 2011. What does yours say Conservative? 1936?
    The president in universe is Barack Omaba. Who is president in your world Conservative? FDR?

    You seem to feel you really have some winning ace here to play and trump everyone else. Guess what? We don't care.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAp-T...eature=related
    Speaking of Barack Obama.....he's proposed freezing the pay of all Federal workers...and, guess what? He doesn't even need the union's okay. Now that's funny. Maybe he read FDR's biography.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #1379
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Speaking of Barack Obama.....he's proposed freezing the pay of all Federal workers...and, guess what? He doesn't even need the union's okay. Now that's funny. Maybe he read FDR's biography.
    It has to do with states and the federal government being two very different things.
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-27-11 at 03:09 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #1380
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    this should help you understand

    Separation of powers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Also you may want to look at the three levels of Government and how State and Federal are two different things.

    its really pretty basic high school Civics.
    Understand that quite well but that wasn't the question. Because they are allowed to do different things doesn't answer the question raised. Keep diverting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •