Page 11 of 201 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #101
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Obama and all his Democrat minions believe all you have to do is tax the hell out of the people and keep spending like there is no tomorrow.
    "The Obama administrationís 2012 budget would save $1.1 trillion over the next 10 years by cutting programs to rein in a deficit that may reach a record $1.5 trillion this year, White House Budget Director Jacob Lew said."
    Obama’s 2012 Budget Saves $1.1 Trillion, Cuts Deficit, Lew Says - Businessweek

    Could you link me up to the GOP budget proposal during the last decade that cut spending by this much?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Catawba; 02-19-11 at 09:38 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #102
    User KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    123

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Walker is a Koch brothers puppet.

    Many things that have been fought for and won are either under attack or will be soon according to rumblings from the TGOP including such things as child labor laws.

    Break those unions. Think your hurting now? Wait till you have nothing to protect you from what is coming.
    The one party rule machine is only in first gear. And it not made up of liberals and Muslims.

    People bitched saying Obama tried ramming HCR down the throats of the American people in a short period of time not giving people time to come up with something better.
    Walker presented this on Friday evening and wanted it done asap before anyone could get wind of what is in it.

    If Wisconsin is in such dire CRISIS and it is the fault of the big bad unions then why exactly is only some unions affected by this bill? Could it be because the ones exempted were his supporters? or that he has family in the upper levels of one?
    Naw! only liberals would do that.

    If Wisconsin is in such dire CRISIS then ok fine don't raise taxes but should you give break's to those with the big money and then try to balance that out by taking from everyday workers?

    What the hell sense does it make to take money out of the hands of consumers in a consumer driven economy then wonder why they are not consuming.

    Unions don't have a problem paying more but the line gets drawn at collective bargaining.

    But go ahead have you time and break the unions that are the only stopgap between workers and Citizens United. You may feel good for a while but when it comes back to bite you in the ass the Koch brothers will only kick you aside and laugh all the way to the bank.

    I must say I am a tad bit surprised that it took them a week to get their TP to WI.

    In the interest of full disclosure yes DH is in the Millwrights and Carpenters union. But even if he wasn't my opinion would be the same.

    Shock Doctrine is alive and well.
    May all beings give and receive compassion, Live free from fear, And dwell in peace. - author unknown

  3. #103
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The sweet smell of sobriety.

    .
    My view on this is that the people of WI voted for this Gov. They get what they voted for and should voice their objection in the next election. My question is, was this the ONLY choice.

  4. #104
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    This Democrat agrees with Governor Walker. I hope he crushes the public labor unions; they are a disgusting drain on public resources at a time when we can't afford it...and even during good times, the money could be put to better use. When the government provides the taxpayers with services, they should provide us with the best services possible at the lowest price possible; those programs exist for society's benefit, not to serve as a charity to government employees.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 02-19-11 at 11:50 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #105
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I think it is silly that you can remember why they were created and still find them to be erroneous. Unions were created because workers were being taken advantage of, and it is silly to think that without them they wouldn't be taken advantage of again.

    Business has one goal: make money. If there is no force to control business, business will screw you. I have no issue with big business, but it does need controls.
    Dude...that was NINETY years ago. You dont think there has been just a WEE bit of change in society? The circumstances are different from the 20s. And unions are as well. Unions arent out to look out for the worker...unions are in bed with politics...they look out for unions...their union leaders. They dont do whats RIGHT for union workers. They protect and encourage incompetence in union members.

    I freely admit that big business needs to adapt. So does labor. Without SERIOUS change, the two are Thelma and Louise holding hands and driving off a cliff.

  6. #106
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah that was an utter fail on his part
    Unions exist in the private sector as well... so I am not sure what your point is.

  7. #107
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    My view on this is that the people of WI voted for this Gov. They get what they voted for and should voice their objection in the next election. My question is, was this the ONLY choice.
    Probably not, but the people have spoken. In 4 years, they get another chance to speak and we'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #108
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    This Democrat agrees with Governor Walker. I hope he crushes the public labor unions; they are a disgusting drain on public resources at a time when we can't afford it...and even during good times, the money could be put to better use. When the government provides the taxpayers with services, they should provide us with the best services possible at the lowest price possible; those programs exist for society's benefit, not to serve as a charity to government employees.
    Goddamn! You don't get it right very often, but when you're right, you're ****in'-a right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #109
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Dude...that was NINETY years ago. You dont think there has been just a WEE bit of change in society? The circumstances are different from the 20s. And unions are as well. Unions arent out to look out for the worker...unions are in bed with politics...they look out for unions...their union leaders. They dont do whats RIGHT for union workers. They protect and encourage incompetence in union members.

    I freely admit that big business needs to adapt. So does labor. Without SERIOUS change, the two are Thelma and Louise holding hands and driving off a cliff.
    Why do you think that these things don't exist anymore? Magic? It is the very liberal agenda you hate that caused it to stop and it is that exact agenda that keeps it from coming back. Unions are a big part of the reason that conditions have improved and with their removal you are only opening the door for them to come back.

    Again, how much are teachers making vs how much do you think they should be making?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Try a hundred grand on for size.
    What world do you live in? Crazy town?

  10. #110
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    It is the very liberal agenda you hate that caused it to stop and it is that exact agenda that keeps it from coming back.
    LOL...whatever!!! That same Liberal agenda got greedy.
    Last edited by apdst; 02-20-11 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 11 of 201 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •