Page 105 of 201 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #1041
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Better tell that to modern day liberals who I believe will disagree with you.
    Many of the intelligent individuals who call themselves "liberals" only advocate spending policies that attempt to re-steer money allocated for silly GOP projects, i. e. useless fighter engines, dictator sponsorship, to something more useful.

    And accordingly, many of the less informed conservatives claim that such an attempt is "reckless spending", because. . .

    that's what FoxNews told them to think

    So long as there are those who vote for airheads like palin, there must be liberals who try to ensure taxpayer money is spent wisely, and not wasted by building bridges to nowhere, bailing out oil companies from their own liabilities, propping up Third World political factions or buying caviar for Netanyahu.

    The ideal non-interventionist liberalism originally advocated by those like Jefferson can only exist once the deficit-spending idiots (boehner, gingrich, mcconnell, mccain, . . .) are gone.

    But, alas, as long as individuals are duped by michelle malkin and friends, that's not likely to ever happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As for CEO's and board members again you focus on the revenue side of the govt. and not the expense side. If you have less revenue coming in then cut spending. Govt. doesn't do that.
    Corporation, PACs, and equity firms create US debt because they direct politicians they sponsored (like mcconnell or boehner) to spend lots of taxpayer $$ on their projects, or advocate anti-competitive laws that favor their interests over those of the free market.

    You seem clueless about the fact that the US is a plutocracy. Might wanna look that up--FoxNews never mentioned that word

  2. #1042
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    I love populists who whine about fox



  3. #1043
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,961

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Oh please.

    Dude...you are a walking cliche.
    I have no idea what you mean by that drive by post. The guys ays he is not a Republican... so lets find out.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1044
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Nope, sorry.

    You have been weighed...measured...and found to be a parrot.



    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Many of the intelligent individuals who call themselves "liberals" only advocate spending policies that attempt to re-steer money allocated for silly GOP projects, i. e. useless fighter engines, dictator sponsorship, to something more useful.

    And accordingly, many of the less informed conservatives claim that such an attempt is "reckless spending", because. . .

    that's what FoxNews told them to think

    So long as there are those who vote for airheads like palin, there must be liberals who try to ensure taxpayer money is spent wisely, and not wasted by building bridges to nowhere, bailing out oil companies from their own liabilities, propping up Third World political factions or buying caviar for Netanyahu.

    The ideal non-interventionist liberalism originally advocated by those like Jefferson can only exist once the deficit-spending idiots (boehner, gingrich, mcconnell, mccain, . . .) are gone.

    But, alas, as long as individuals are duped by michelle malkin and friends, that's not likely to ever happen.



    Corporation, PACs, and equity firms create US debt because they direct politicians they sponsored (like mcconnell or boehner) to spend lots of taxpayer $$ on their projects, or advocate anti-competitive laws that favor their interests over those of the free market.

    You seem clueless about the fact that the US is a plutocracy. Might wanna look that up--FoxNews never mentioned that word
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  5. #1045
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,961

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I voted for LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan(2), GHW Bush(2), Dole, GW Bush(2), McCain. Carter ruined me for the Democrat party. Unfortunately not all were conservatives but I wasn't going to throw my vote away on someone with no chance to win. Sorry, but third party candidates give the office to a Democrat.
    Nine out of ten times you voted Republican.... but you are NOT a Republican.

    sure.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1046
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Nope, sorry.

    You have been weighed...measured...and found to be a parrot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbRD3qDoZqM



  7. #1047
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,961

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Nope, sorry.

    You have been weighed...measured...and found to be a parrot.
    Unable to explain yourself..... sad... really sad. Maybe someday you will learn more words. Or not. I am betting on the second alternative.

    It looks like Turtle and Amazed have really hit it off. Cute.
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-25-11 at 10:28 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #1048
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Nine out of ten times you voted Republican.... but you are NOT a Republican.

    sure.
    well Guy Incognito admits to almost always voting dem and he claims (LOL) to be a libertarian

    aren't you the one who goes nuts when I bash fraudulent libertarians

    you claim I have no right to deny those the status they claim

    now you do essentially the same thing with this fellow



  9. #1049
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    It's a sad fact of the modern US that because of spend-thrifty GOPers who prefer to run up deficits by building useless weapons and backing dictators that sensible individuals are reduced to having to re-steer that money into something useful.
    There is no doubt that the Bush administration ran up too much debt while in office, with that said Obama has doubled down in 2 years what it took Bush 8 years to do. As far as your argument about weapons.... defense is only about 5-7% of the total budget where social programs demand much more.

    As far as your comment about weapons being worthless I'd have issue with that. If this country couldnt defend itself then what good are the social programs going to do much less anything else if we are defeated militarily by our enemies. You wouldnt have the freedoms you have in this country today had we not supplied our brave soldiers with the best possible weapons we can give them.

    Concerning the comment about dictators I'd like to point out that Democrats have backed dictators just like republicans and sometimes its actually the better choice. I'd think you would see this if the muslim brotherhood ever took control in Egypt. Sometimes the only chioce is between bad & worse.

  10. #1050
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    You made me smile, NOW you are going to drag me into YOUR Generation

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •