Page 103 of 201 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2002

Thread: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

  1. #1021
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    arrogrance is unbecoming when one utters dullardly posts
    but nowhere near as offensive as posting after reproducing anothers words and then saying not a single word which relates to them in any way.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #1022
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    from Conservative

    And who should I vote for. I am not a Republican, I am a conservative and right now the GOP beats the alternative.
    so you have you voted for in the last ten presidential elections?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1023
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Well that is just my argument. The free market has set their value and it has set the value of their respective CEOs. I am arguing that the free market, in this case, got it wrong. Especially in the case of Wal-Mart, which in my opinion is proof of what happens when unions are not allowed to enter into a market. And even with unions, it would be difficult to raise compensation to a fair level because the free market has deemed these people so unvaluable.

    According to this Wal-Mart fact sheet, they employ around 2 million people worldwide:

    http://walmartstores.com/download/2230.pdf

    So that means, if the CEO were to take an $8 million dollar pay cut (he would still make $27 million not including benefits and bonuses), each employee would receive $4 an hour more. That's a 50% increase in wages for many of their employees! In fact, for those that have a starting salary of $8 an hour, their annual salary would look like this:

    $8: $16,440 (which if I have to tell you how terrible that is...)
    $12: $24,960 (still not great)

    To me, that is a market failure that this can happen in front of everyones eyes and nothign is done. In fact, many of you argue against it.
    So your arguement has nothing to do with whether or not Wal-Mart pays more and has as good or better benefits for it's employees than other stores. It's all about the CEO's pay and redistribution of wealth. Got it. Why didn't you say so in the first place?

    BTW here's a link to a unionized grocery store.


    Kroger Cashier Hourly Pay | Glassdoor.com
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #1024
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Oh please.

    Dude...you are a walking cliche.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Conservative


    so you have you voted for in the last ten presidential elections?
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  5. #1025
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Moderator's Warning:
    Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unionsPlay nice guys. Don't attack each other.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #1026
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This really is getting old, liberalism is a complete and absolute failure just like "your" President. The facts are overwhelming. Obama rhetoric always trumps facts. Do you know that Obama has not given the Federal public union employees the benefits that Wisconsin public service employees have? Continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the results. Defending the indefensible makes you look foolish.
    Liberalism originally meant free markets and individual freedoms. The failure is the inability of right wingers to distinguish between that--the original definition of liberalism--and the mischaracterizations of it spread by your Messiahs (rush, hannity, o'reilly, etc.).

    obama, btw, is not a liberal. He's just another sleazy anti-freedom pol who successfully exploited his African-American heritage and speech making abilities to create the impression that he represented change, and I appropriately didn't vote for him.

  7. #1027
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Conservative


    so you have you voted for in the last ten presidential elections?
    I voted for LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan(2), GHW Bush(2), Dole, GW Bush(2), McCain. Carter ruined me for the Democrat party. Unfortunately not all were conservatives but I wasn't going to throw my vote away on someone with no chance to win. Sorry, but third party candidates give the office to a Democrat.

  8. #1028
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Nope, he is a "Progressive"....but worse....he surrounds himself with Revolutionaries.

    At least be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Liberalism originally meant free markets and individual freedoms. The failure is the inability of right wingers to distinguish between that--the original definition of liberalism--and the mischaracterizations of it spread by your Messiahs (rush, hannity, o'reilly, etc.).

    obama, btw, is not a liberal. He's just another sleazy anti-freedom pol who successfully exploited his African-American heritage and speech making abilities to create the impression that he represented change, and I appropriately didn't vote for him.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  9. #1029
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,314

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Liberalism originally meant free markets and individual freedoms. The failure is the inability of right wingers to distinguish between that--the original definition of liberalism--and the mischaracterizations of it spread by your Messiahs (rush, hannity, o'reilly, etc.).

    obama, btw, is not a liberal. He's just another sleazy anti-freedom pol who successfully exploited his African-American heritage and speech making abilities to create the impression that he represented change, and I appropriately didn't vote for him.
    I don't think I will be taking any advice from a proclaimed Libertarian. Liberlism has never meant free markets and individual freedoms, liberalism has always been about wealth redistribution and social justice. It just took me a while to figure it out.

  10. #1030
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Walker takes broad swipe at public employee unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And who should I vote for. I am not a Republican, I am a conservative and right now the GOP beats the alternative.




    Couldn't agree more, it isn't the Government's responsibility to create jobs nor can they that actually produce anything.




    That is what liberalism thinks they can do, take money and spend it wisely to redistribute wealth. It never works.
    Liberalism doesn't advocate forcible wealth redistribution.

    Liberalism favors a minimal, non-intervening government. Forcible wealth redistribution is primarily a GOP practice, and it's a propoganda tactic of the GOP to falsely claim it's fiscally conservative while liberalism is about tax-and-spend--a tactic which you seem gullible enough to fall for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You were doing so well, spending causes debt not tax cuts that promote the private sector. CEO's and corporate board members of private companies do not affect the U.S. Debt at all.
    CEOs and board members actively increase the debt, because the pols you vote for bend over backwards to tax Americans (or future generations of Americans) and steer that tax money to their projects.
    Last edited by solletica; 02-25-11 at 09:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •