Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 241

Thread: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    So Obama is trying to get tax increases that already failed. Shows how incompetent he is.

    Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases - Yahoo! News

    President Barack Obama's budget proposal resurrects a series of tax increases that were largely ignored by Congress when Democrats controlled both chambers. Republicans, who now control the House, are signaling they will be even less receptive.

    The plan unveiled Monday includes tax increases for oil, gas and coal producers, investment managers and U.S.-based multinational corporations. The plan would allow Bush-era tax cuts to expire at the end of 2012 for individuals making more than $200,000 and married couples making more than $250,000. Wealthy taxpayers would have their itemized deductions limited, including deductions for mortgage interest, charitable contributions and state and local taxes.

    "These policies were unfair and unaffordable when enacted and remain so today," Obama said in his budget message.

  2. #2
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So Obama is trying to get tax increases that already failed. Shows how incompetent he is.

    Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases - Yahoo! News

    President Barack Obama's budget proposal resurrects a series of tax increases that were largely ignored by Congress when Democrats controlled both chambers. Republicans, who now control the House, are signaling they will be even less receptive.

    The plan unveiled Monday includes tax increases for oil, gas and coal producers, investment managers and U.S.-based multinational corporations. The plan would allow Bush-era tax cuts to expire at the end of 2012 for individuals making more than $200,000 and married couples making more than $250,000. Wealthy taxpayers would have their itemized deductions limited, including deductions for mortgage interest, charitable contributions and state and local taxes.

    "These policies were unfair and unaffordable when enacted and remain so today," Obama said in his budget message.
    He is not only incompetent but he runs everything like he was back in Chicago.
    Catch me if you can.

  3. #3
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The plan unveiled Monday includes tax increases for oil, gas and coal producers, investment managers and U.S.-based multinational corporations.
    How do you respond to rising energy prices? Raise energy taxes of course! What a brilliant man he is.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    How do you respond to rising energy prices? Raise energy taxes of course! What a brilliant man he is.
    No taxes hurt consumers. Stop all subsidies and no taxes. I see nothing of stopping energy subsidies for oil,ethanol or wind turbines

  5. #5
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    The should be resurrected. You cannot tackle the bidget deficit without address Medicare, SS, and the military in terms of cuts, and looking at tax increases. To believe otherwise is to be disconnected from reality.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The should be resurrected. You cannot tackle the bidget deficit without address Medicare, SS, and the military in terms of cuts, and looking at tax increases. To believe otherwise is to be disconnected from reality.
    Subsidies first not taxes

  7. #7
    Educator Helvidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Good ol' US of A
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    735

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    How do you respond to rising energy prices? Raise energy taxes of course! What a brilliant man he is.
    Raising energy taxes means an increase in price which will lead to a decrease in consumption. Obama is no fool. He wants Americans to use less of these energy sources. Of course increasing the cost is a foolish way to go about doing so.
    Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So Obama is trying to get tax increases that already failed. Shows how incompetent he is.

    Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases - Yahoo! News

    President Barack Obama's budget proposal resurrects a series of tax increases that were largely ignored by Congress when Democrats controlled both chambers. Republicans, who now control the House, are signaling they will be even less receptive.

    The plan unveiled Monday includes tax increases for oil, gas and coal producers, investment managers and U.S.-based multinational corporations. The plan would allow Bush-era tax cuts to expire at the end of 2012 for individuals making more than $200,000 and married couples making more than $250,000. Wealthy taxpayers would have their itemized deductions limited, including deductions for mortgage interest, charitable contributions and state and local taxes.

    "These policies were unfair and unaffordable when enacted and remain so today," Obama said in his budget message.
    Obviously this man is just like Reagan. After all, he caved in on what he WANTED and didn't raise taxes previously but is back again trying to raise it...Just like Reagan.

    Really, this shouldn't be a shock to anyone that's actually listened or watched the man.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The should be resurrected. You cannot tackle the bidget deficit without address Medicare, SS, and the military in terms of cuts, and looking at tax increases. To believe otherwise is to be disconnected from reality.
    Where's the substantive tacking of Medicare and SS? Because from what I've read there doesn't seem to be much of that in this proposed budget nor in what Obama's proposed thus far in the coming year. You can point and hoot and hollar about the military all you want, but Medicare and Social Security are both as big if not bigger elephants sitting in the room.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Helvidius View Post
    Raising energy taxes means an increase in price which will lead to a decrease in consumption. Obama is no fool. He wants Americans to use less of these energy sources. Of course increasing the cost is a foolish way to go about doing so.
    I would think 10% unemployment would help but it seems we have more traffic

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •