Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 241

Thread: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

  1. #191
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have admitted in dozens of posts that the FDR administrations judges completely ignored over 100 years of precedent (culminating with Schechter Poultry) and completely ignored the tenth amendment

    you are correct in noting that the court has failed to uphold the constitution

    now find one legal scholar who will support what the court has done as being a correct interpretation

    Thanks for your opinion councilor. Having not been able to successfully challenge the social safety net programs for 80 years, the so called scholars you speak of have not met the test of the rule of law.
    Last edited by Catawba; 02-18-11 at 04:40 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #192
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so it is your learned position that Lopez never happened and the USSC will uphold Obama care

    OK

    bb in two days
    I have not made any claims about Lopez. I provided the proof you requested that our social safety net programs have been upheld by the rule of law for approx 80 years.
    Now, having been unable to prove your claim, you wish to change the subject. I don't blame you for that.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    They do already. It is deducted from their paychecks.
    They get it back at the end of the year

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/bu...leonhardt.html

    Yes, 47% of Households Owe No Taxes.

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So naturally you defend tax cuts for those that make 800,000 times what you do, at your expense. Sure, that makes perfect sense Ptif.
    You must defend it since your hero Obama kept them. I think a fair amount should be paid. Tell me what percent of income should all people pay?

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We had no serious debt problem until Reagan and Bush slashed the top tax rates.
    I agree with cutting spending. There is much spending of which I am not in favor. However, we need to cut spending first and then set tax rates to cover our bills. To do it in reverse order, will just add to the debt as did under Reagan and Bush.




    That is one of the core differences between liberals and conservatives. We believe the health and welfare of our own people comes before unfunded and unnecessary wars, and tax cuts for the rich. We have no crisis in SS and Medicaid, all that is required is to once again make the richest pay their fair share. Simply cut any waste and fraud in the systems, raise the $106,000 cap for rich, and put the SS and Medicaid funds in a locked account that cannot be used to offset other government expenditures. Crisis solved



    Because of the Constitutional mandate to protect the health and welfare of the people.
    You have proof. What do you mean by serious?

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And the class war continues.
    Yes we know the democrats will use race and class warfare every election

  7. #197
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yes we know the democrats will use race and class warfare every election
    The class war began when Reagan/Bush shifted the funding of America more to the middle class and our National debt.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #198
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They get it back at the end of the year

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/bu...leonhardt.html

    Yes, 47% of Households Owe No Taxes.
    You didn't acually read more than the headline of your article did you? It goes on to say:

    "Neither one of those ideas is true. They rely on a cleverly selective reading of the facts. So does the 47 percent number."

    "The 47 percent number is not wrong. The stimulus programs of the last two years — the first one signed by President George W. Bush, the second and larger one by President Obama — have increased the number of households that receive enough of a tax credit to wipe out their federal income tax liability.

    But the modifiers here — federal and income — are important. Income taxes aren’t the only kind of federal taxes that people pay. There are also payroll taxes and investment taxes, among others. And, of course, people pay state and local taxes, too.

    Even if the discussion is restricted to federal taxes (for which the statistics are better), a vast majority of households end up paying federal taxes. Congressional Budget Office data suggests that, at most, about 10 percent of all households pay no net federal taxes. The number 10 is obviously a lot smaller than 47."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #199
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You have proof. What do you mean by serious?
    "The increase in total debt during Reagan’s two terms was larger than all the debt accumulated by all the presidents before him combined. From 1983 through 1985, with a Republican Senate, the debt was increasing at over 17% per year. While Mr. Reagan was in office this nation’s debt went from just under 1 trillion dollars to over 2.6 trillion dollars, a 200% increase. The sad part about this increase is that it was not to educate our children, or to improve our infrastructure, or to help the poor, or even to finance a war. Reagan’s enormous increase in the national debt was not to pay for any noble cause at all; his primary unapologetic goal was to pad the pockets of the rich. The huge national debt we have today is a living legacy to his failed Neo-Conservative economic policies. Reagan’s legacy is a heavy financial weight that continues to apply an unrelenting drag on this nation’s economic resources."

    "debt has been on a steady incline ever since the Reagan presidency."

    "If you look at the 60+ year record of debt since the end of WWII, starting with Truman’s term, the difference between the two parties’ contributions to our national debt level change considerably. Since 1946, Democratic presidents increased the national debt an average of only 3.2% per year. The Republican presidents stay at an average increase of 9.2% per year. Republican Presidents out borrowed and spent Democratic presidents by a three to one ratio. Putting that in very real terms; for every dollar a Democratic president has raised the national debt in the past 63 years Republican presidents have raised the debt by $2.84"

    United Stated National Debt
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #200
    Student Gapeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    07-30-11 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    297

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "The increase in total debt during Reagan’s two terms was larger than all the debt accumulated by all the presidents before him combined. From 1983 through 1985, with a Republican Senate, the debt was increasing at over 17% per year. While Mr. Reagan was in office this nation’s debt went from just under 1 trillion dollars to over 2.6 trillion dollars, a 200% increase. The sad part about this increase is that it was not to educate our children, or to improve our infrastructure, or to help the poor, or even to finance a war. Reagan’s enormous increase in the national debt was not to pay for any noble cause at all; his primary unapologetic goal was to pad the pockets of the rich. The huge national debt we have today is a living legacy to his failed Neo-Conservative economic policies. Reagan’s legacy is a heavy financial weight that continues to apply an unrelenting drag on this nation’s economic resources."

    "debt has been on a steady incline ever since the Reagan presidency."

    "If you look at the 60+ year record of debt since the end of WWII, starting with Truman’s term, the difference between the two parties’ contributions to our national debt level change considerably. Since 1946, Democratic presidents increased the national debt an average of only 3.2% per year. The Republican presidents stay at an average increase of 9.2% per year. Republican Presidents out borrowed and spent Democratic presidents by a three to one ratio. Putting that in very real terms; for every dollar a Democratic president has raised the national debt in the past 63 years Republican presidents have raised the debt by $2.84"

    United Stated National Debt
    (CNSNews.com) - In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

    At the end of fiscal year 1989, which ended eight months after President Reagan left office, the total federal debt held by the public was $2.1907 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office. That means all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan had accumulated only that much publicly held debt on behalf of American taxpayers. That is $335.3 billion less than the $2.5260 trillion that was added to the federal debt held by the public just between Jan. 20, 2009, when President Obama was inaugurated, and Aug. 20, 2010, the 19-month anniversary of Obama's inauguration.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2: "A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Government is not the solution to the problem. Government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan
    A soldiers blog

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •