Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 241

Thread: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

  1. #161
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    well mr FACTS prove the top 20% use 80% of the services paid for by the income and death taxes

    that will also require you to demonstrate that the both 50% only use about 3% of those same services which you cannot do

    and your Moronic-yes moronic-claim that it was the rich who somehow created those wars is well just plain moronic


    for someone who yells about your facts as much as you do, you sure post alot of unsupported crap



  2. #162
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    No one is doubting your credibility as a braggart! Now do you have any facts to back up your point of view?
    I guess that is a concession of failure on your part

    you tried to denigrate a moderate liberal by gushing over well known lefty HACK Krugman's award (which is as much a product of the politics of the committee [go ahead-prove Obama really deserved that prize]

    so now since you want to go head to head with me=and since you believe an opinion has more merit based on the academic achievements of the person who utters the opinion I am applying YOUR STANDARDS TO YOU

    ball's in your court



  3. #163
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    I wonder... when conservatives watch Robin Hood to they pull for King John? After all, King John is a wealthy, powerful man and Robin Hood is a liberal known as the "Prince of Thieves".

    If only there were more conservatives in Hollywood, we might have a new movie remake, "King John - The Hidden Story" about the hardships he went through when Robin Hood ruined his parties and stole his money and whatnot. "Oh how hard it was for King John when he fell from the graces and could no longer afford to have harems of women and 12 castles. In fact, John had to sell his castle in Sherwood Forest. Oh the humanity!"

  4. #164
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ball's in your court
    I have cited facts to back up my opinion. You have not. I'll let others decide who's court the ball is in.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #165
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I wonder... when conservatives watch Robin Hood to they pull for King John? After all, King John is a wealthy, powerful man and Robin Hood is a liberal known as the "Prince of Thieves".

    If only there were more conservatives in Hollywood, we might have a new movie remake, "King John - The Hidden Story" about the hardships he went through when Robin Hood ruined his parties and stole his money and whatnot. "Oh how hard it was for King John when he fell from the graces and could no longer afford to have harems of women and 12 castles. In fact, John had to sell his castle in Sherwood Forest. Oh the humanity!"
    actually King John was the GOVERNMENT and used GOVERNMENT FORCE to take wealth from the people and Robin Hood was taking back from the GOVERNMENT what it had wrongfully taken from those who had PRODUCED the wealth

    in modern days the uber rich politicians would be King John-not some entrepreneurs



  6. #166
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I have cited facts to back up my opinion. You have not. I'll let others decide who's court the ball is in.
    your opinion means nothing and is not better by citing facts that do not establish one philosophy is better than another

    NONE of you have ever demonstrated that your desire to make the rich pay more while giving most of the voters absolutely NO INCENTIVE to curb the growth of government will help what I see as the main problem-too much government spending too much money

    your worry is the rich getting richer yet your tax schemes addict too many people to government and sap individual initiative

    the only facts you cite are a gap between the rich and the poor-you have never established that cutting taxes on the rich increases this and right now the tax structure is MORE PROGRESSIVE than it was 50 years ago

    so tell me-how is your opinion (which holds that the gap is the biggest problem) is more correct based on the facts you have cited than those of us who see the ever expanding government and the ever growing number of those who are dependent on government programs as the main problem

    you cannot



  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Does it look like I decide? No, the "free market" supposedly does - whatever that means. This free market God is someone that I'd love to meet someday. He/she clearly makes a lot of weird decisions. I am still unsure about his/her infallibility.



    Well, unfair this unfair that. I am less of a whiner than you might think. I am not crying, I am on a board that was developed for debating and I am doing just that. You can call it whining, but I would say it is trying to change a flawed system.

    People said the same thing about their indentured servants 300 years ago. Why were they whining about being oppressed and forced into underpaid/unpaid work and bad conditions with continual broken promises of freedom. Just like the influx of the Irish, people called them dirty illegal immigrants who did not deserve to live here - now its Latinos. The truth is times are always changing and there is always one group kicking and screaming as they get dragged along into the future.

    You can kick and scream or you can be productive in the progression of human history.
    You are the one that said people should not make to much money

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Teacher's salaries are an excellent example:

    "In 2009, the worst economic year for working people since the Great Depression, the top 25 hedge fund managers walked off with an average of $1 billion each. With the money those 25 people "earned," we could have hired 658,000 entry level teachers. (They make about $38,000 a year, including benefits."
    Les Leopold: Why Are 25 Hedge Fund Managers Worth 658,000 Teachers?

    Economist Paul Krugman describes what he sees as a return to the Glided Age:

    "Income inequality — which began rising at the same time that modern conservatism began gaining political power — is now fully back to Gilded Age levels.

    Consider a head-to-head comparison. We know what John D. Rockefeller, the richest man in Gilded Age America, made in 1894, because in 1895 he had to pay income taxes. (The next year, the Supreme Court declared the income tax unconstitutional.) His return declared an income of $1.25 million, almost 7,000 times the average per capita income in the United States at the time.

    But that makes him a mere piker by modern standards. Last year, according to Institutional Investor’s Alpha magazine, James Simons, a hedge fund manager, took home $1.7 billion, more than 38,000 times the average income. Two other hedge fund managers also made more than $1 billion, and the top 25 combined made $14 billion.

    How much is $14 billion? It’s more than it would cost to provide health care for a year to eight million children — the number of children in America who, unlike children in any other advanced country, don’t have health insurance.

    The hedge fund billionaires are simply extreme examples of a much bigger phenomenon: every available measure of income concentration shows that we’ve gone back to levels of inequality not seen since the 1920s."
    Krugman on the New Gilded Age naked capitalism
    $38,000 a year and only work 9 months. Thats more than I make and I am only home 1 week a month

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I have cited facts to back up my opinion. You have not. I'll let others decide who's court the ball is in.
    How about we make all that earn money pay taxes instead of having only half the country pay taxes

  10. #170
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama budget resurrects rejected tax increases

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    How about we make all that earn money pay taxes instead of having only half the country pay taxes
    They do already. It is deducted from their paychecks.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •