Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 112

Thread: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    He did no such thing. He put a video on his website that was absolutely accurate. It was just out of context which is what Media Matters does PURPOSELY on a daily basis. In this case, all Brietbart had was that much of the video that was sent to him. He had no idea what was in the rest of it.
    Absolutely accurate, but out of context. Lulz. He disseminated it without fact-checking, thus he's liable. I'm sure that he'll be able to prove his lack of culpability in court, anyway.

  2. #12
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Right, thanks Barb.....Well, it sounds like it's Obama she should be suing.


    j-mac
    i don't know, it seems she is suing the person who misrepresented her, purposefully. obama reacted badly to bad facts.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    He showed part of one of her speeches. (the only part he had).( It was made in front of the NAACP.) That made her look like a racist. He believed her to be a racist because of it. So did I and so did everyone on DP.
    Fail. There were many people ON THAT THREAD that pointed out that Sherrod's remarks weren't racist, AT THE TIME. I was one of them.

  4. #14
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    idea Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    He showed part of one of her speeches. (the only part he had).( It was made in front of the NAACP.) That made her look like a racist. He believed her to be a racist because of it. So did I and so did everyone on DP. Sherrod was forced to resign immediately by the WH because they said BECK was going to cover it on his show that evening. (He didn't ) Also it happened right after the NAACP called out the tea party to force them to condemn any racists among them. Which one from Tea Party Express was shoved out for a satiristic letter he wrote concerning "colored" people.
    The NAACP had the whole speech. When they finally released it, it showed Sherrod was not a racist in that speech. She was offered her job back, which she refused. She was all over TV and in the news, being fawned all over. I have no idea what damages she suffered.
    Remind us again, who released the video? Obfuscate all you want, but that's what really matters here.


  5. #15
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Fail. There were many people ON THAT THREAD that pointed out that Sherrod's remarks weren't racist, AT THE TIME. I was one of them.
    but there were also MANY here that viewed the whole video and pointed out that during that video she expressed that what she had done was wrong and it helped her to see people in a different light. To this day, I cant see how anyone can view that video as anything other than what it was...a woman giving a speech to a conference and expressing her own weakness and the life altering lessons she learned from that experience.

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i don't know, it seems she is suing the person who misrepresented her, purposefully. obama reacted badly to bad facts.

    LOL! Are you for real? Breitbart (evul repub) "String him up!" Obama (bat's eyes) Awwww he didn't know any better......HA!

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Exactly, before the video she was an unknown.
    Now she's famous. She sure seemed to enjoy all the time she had all over all the talk shows and in the news.
    What was it, less than 24 hrs that people thought she was a racist and then for weeks after that she was held up as some sort of hero?
    Yea, she suffered tons.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #18
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    He did no such thing. He put a video on his website that was absolutely accurate. It was just out of context which is what Media Matters does PURPOSELY on a daily basis. In this case, all Brietbart had was that much of the video that was sent to him. He had no idea what was in the rest of it.
    out of context is right. and he didn't bother to check that context, did he? what does media matters have to do with this thread?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How was she slandered? Seems that Breitbart exposed her, and now she is mad about that....Can you say frivolous? Although she should be pretty good at that, after all she won $13 million against the Government for not being a farmer.


    j-mac
    Did you totally miss the story? He misrepresented what she said by editing the video.

    You've got the wrong facts and continuing to discuss this with you would be pointless. Please check back after you've gotten the story straight.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Andrew Breitbart sued by Shirley Sherrod over damaging video

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    but there were also MANY here that viewed the whole video and pointed out that during that video she expressed that what she had done was wrong and it helped her to see people in a different light. To this day, I cant see how anyone can view that video as anything other than what it was...a woman giving a speech to a conference and expressing her own weakness and the life altering lessons she learned from that experience.
    You and I just have superior intellectual capabilities, bro.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •