Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    reduces revenues by 770 billion, to be exact---obamacare raises taxes more than three quarters of a T

    it also cuts medicare by half a T while expanding its already overstrained rolls

    it burdens states already bankrupt with 200B in the form of expanded medicaid, the ghetto of health care

    it double counts a quarter T according to cbo

    it fails to account for a quarter T of doc fix

    it increases significantly er traffic and costs, painting as false one of obtuse obama's prime payfor's

    it exacerbates the already severe shortage of medicare friendly practitioners

    it relies on 10 years of taxes vs 6 of benefits to reach its bogus bottom line

    it's forced to exempt already 800 too bigs, including a slew of seiu locals, from its yearly cap requirements, otherwise they'd dump their employees and expose as equally false obama's mantra-like pledge that americans who are happy with what they got can keep it

  2. #52
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Notice, he said reduction in the LABOR MARKET. There will be less jobs because the healthcare law will cause some people to drop out of the labor force early.

    A ‘Job-Killing’ Law? | FactCheck.org

    Yep, Weekly Standard always gives you the whole story! Btw i don't even support the law.
    Some have no conern for what is really being said. The Weekly Standard, who have serious standards issues, seem to be one of those not concerned with the truth.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    says the fella who prefers wik to the cbc

    for purposes of clarification and overview

    LOL!

  4. #54
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    says the fella who prefers wik to the cbc

    for purposes of clarification and overview

    LOL!
    Yep says me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    yup, mainstream sources routinely fail your wikky expectations

    LOL!

    meanwhile, obamacare cuts medicare half a T while massively expanding its membership, it burdens states already bankrupt with another quarter T of medicaid expansion, it double counts another quarter T according to cbo, it cuts another quarter T out of budget via its doc fix, it raises taxes three quarters of a T, it significantly increases er traffic and costs, it exacerbates an already severe shortage of medicare-friendly docs, and it's forced to exempt 800 too bigs from its yearly cap requirements in order to keep em from dumping employees

    how many times did the presidential LIAR promise americans could keep their coverage if they liked it

    would you like the LINKS, again---nyt, globe, wapo, the hill, cbo's site, hhs', bloomberg...

    they're only a CLICK away

    now, why don't you continue your endless little argument about the bill you WISH obamacare was

    LOL!

  6. #56
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Here we have to understand how many people, or what percentage, are we talking about. The updated version from the CBO is dated December 2010 (yours is August 2010), and the CBO tends to stay fairly consistent, however we get more details.



    I've highlighted the language which I see as a "guess" from the CBO.

    Regarding the universe which constitutes a "great majority":



    The longer term effects:



    So here's the summary: The CBO is totally guessing at the effects as identified by the language. They don't know the effects nor can they accurately predict the effects --- therefore, as the CBO itself states, the outcomes is uncertain. Second, when you say "great majority", we're talking about a very small universe as identified, but again, the CBO cannot fully know the number off people, but their guess is, it's pretty low. So technically your right: a great majority of a very small amount of people. Kudos.

    Third, the cost estimates and growth longer term (even more uncertain as this goes to 2017 and beyond) seems to increase - both in costs and subsidy by the Fed and costs associated with the employers/employed. What's very evident is that the HealthCare bill does NOT cut costs, it increases them and by a large margin and is expected to continue to increase both in Federal costs and employee costs. This is not a good bill, it never was.


    http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc...blications.pdf
    I agree Ockham, the CBO is trying to predict what will occur as an effect of the legislation, however, if that prediction was good enough for the OP, than it should also be good enough for a rebuttal to the assumptions in the OP, given that its the same source. But yes, I agree, that the ifs and mays and etc, are all guesses.

    I also agree, that the health care does not cut costs (we would need single payer to truly do that), however, that was outside the original scope of the argument made in the OP as well. But I agree, the bill did not do what I was supposed to do due to the pressures of the compromise necessary to get it passed. We have some very short sighted people in congress.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I also agree, that the health care does not cut costs (we would need single payer to truly do that), however, that was outside the original scope of the argument made in the OP as well. But I agree, the bill did not do what I was supposed to do due to the pressures of the compromise necessary to get it passed. We have some very short sighted people in congress.
    Although government is 0-967 when it comes to reducing costs for anything..........

    .........there are still those that believe in a first time..........for everything.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  8. #58
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Although government is 0-967 when it comes to reducing costs for anything..........

    .........there are still those that believe in a first time..........for everything.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    I would be happy with just accurately reporting what the CBO actually said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would be happy with just accurately reporting what the CBO actually said.
    Chairman [Paul] Ryan: “[I]t’s been argued...that the new health care law will create jobs and increase labor force participation. But if I recall from your analysis, it was quite the opposite. Is that not the case?”

    Director [Douglas] Elmendorf : “Yes.”...
    .
    .
    .
    .........The CBO/Liberal God has spoken.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  10. #60
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: CBO Director Says ObamaCare Would Reduce Employment by 800,000 Workers

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    The CBO/Liberal God has spoken......all the Democrat lies about ObamaCare "creating jobs" have been exposed.......and The Largest Job Killing piece of Legislation in US History takes another one on the chin.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Some small references taken out of context and away from the overall original CBO report and statistics means absolutely nothing.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •