Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

  1. #21
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    everyone is missing the pure humor in this. Interviewing a teleprompter? Come on... that's funny!
    Yeah, mildly. So, what are we discussing?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Obama used a telemprompter when he was talking to sixth graders.

    Jon Stewart Mocks Obama For Using Teleprompter In Sixth Grade Classroom (VIDEO)
    LOL - here's another gem:

    he recalled a visit to some national parks as an 11-year-old. "That was an experience I will never forget," he said, reading from the teleprompter.

  3. #23
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Reagan was no different than any other president. They all used speechwriters, except maybe Lincoln.
    There is a difference between a speechwriter and an editor. I don't like to repeat myself, so I won't. But I've already responded to your argument. See previous post.

  4. #24
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Perhaps. I can't say I know. But, all of them used speech writers to some degree. But, what exact claim are you making (he reads someone's else's ideas, handled so to speak) and do you have any evidence to support that claim?
    Like I said, I looked but can't find any evidence that proves my or my opponent's argument. And as I said earlier, there's a difference between a speechwriter and an editor, and I never said Reagan had no speechwriters.

  5. #25
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    There is a difference between a speechwriter and an editor. I don't like to repeat myself, so I won't. But I've already responded to your argument. See previous post.
    So what are you trying to say now? Reagan used editors more than speechwriters?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  6. #26
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    So what are you trying to say now? Reagan used editors more than speechwriters?
    I'll say it again, just to indulge you. I said that I am sure Reagan wrote the majority of the [I]content[I] of a significant portion of his speeches. Do I believe he wrote all of his speeches? No. Do I believe he wrote the majority of his speeches? No. Do I believe he wrote his speeches without the help of speechwriters and/or editors? No. I believe he wrote the majority of the content of a significant number of his speeches. I've looked for evidence to prove my claim and I could not find anything. Therefore, it will remain a guess based on faith until any such related evidence is found.

  7. #27
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    I'll say it again, just to indulge you. I said that I am sure Reagan wrote the majority of the [I]content[I] of a significant portion of his speeches. .
    Just like every other president. So what is your point?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  8. #28
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Just like every other president. So what is your point?
    Like I said, it's hard to find reliable data to prove either way. We're just making assertions based on pure faith. It is easy to assume that Reagan did write the majority of the content of a significant number of his speeches. I don't believe we can say the same for every president, especially if we consider G.W.

  9. #29
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Just like every other president. So what is your point?
    Heavens to Murgatroyd, I bet you guys would face each other and argue about whether the sun came up on your right side or your left.

    .

  10. #30
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: MSNBC mocks Obama and his ever present teleprompter

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    Heavens to Murgatroyd, I bet you guys would face each other and argue about whether the sun came up on your right side or your left.

    .
    I'm not arguing about anything. Just stating the facts and trying to figure out what he is getting at..
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •