Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    The sad thing is when it happened the first time and most likely the sad thing if it happens again, is not so much the union will be split but that the fed will force a peaceful and bitter break up into a blood soaked war once again. There really is no reason to fight it out when it comes. If you are an ass and the states are unhappy, do us all a favor and let it happen without a war.

  2. #32
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post


    Sad....but true.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #33
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,761

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You just can't help yourself; big govt control is such a part of your soul that it irks you to think someone might disagree with your precious big federal govt. Oh boohoo.
    It's reality. And you're the one who seems to be upset, not me.

    Did you happen to read the part where I specifically said that I wouldn't care if they did do this? Because I specifically said I don't care. You, somehow, managed to interpret the post in the opposite manner. Who read my post to you? You should fire that person.
    Last edited by Deuce; 02-03-11 at 10:26 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #34
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Well this is surprising! And VERY interesting at that! Heck they need to protect their borders so..... I guess this MIGHT work.


    CONTINUED: azcentral.com blogs - E.J. Montini's Columns & Blog - EJMontini - Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    You all know that Montini is a partison liberal from waaaay back, don't you. I have been reading him in the local rag for 20 years and he is becoming more and more blatant, does'nt try to hide it anymore.

  5. #35
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You just can't help yourself; big govt control is such a part of your soul that it irks you to think someone might disagree with your precious big federal govt. Oh boohoo.
    Dont buy into the story that republicans do ANYTHING (without a show) to make the govt smaller. These new guys in office..... well. We shall see. But I would hope that you would know that republicans say one thing and do something else behind the doors.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  6. #36
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Do you really think, at the rate things are going, that their couldn't be another civil war in this country? Wonder how many of you know that many communities are already using something other then the US dollar as currency? Tired of Cash, Local Communities Using Alternative Currencies to Come Together | Trend World | Big Think

    Do you know what is going to happen in this country, if the dollar is no longer the primary reserve currency of the world? It has already lost nearly 11% to other major currencies (since the end of 2008) or that their have been meetings going on … without the US present The demise of the dollar - Business News, Business - The Independent

    Can anyone image what is going to happen if this happens? Oil prices could more then double overnight. Inflation will follow, at rates we have never seen before.

    Now consider the divide in this country now between liberals and conservatives, you don't think it will widen even more ?? I'm certainly not promoting another civil war, but I would suggest it not be brushed off so quickly, because the divide among the parties and the people that support them, is becoming more and more un-civil every day . Don't believe me, just read the threads here on the boards.
    IF, there was a civil war between liberals and conservatives, who do you think would win? What would be the rallying cry? What would be the end game? What would be the reasons on each side that they were willing to fight for? In the end, what would the country look like politically?
    Interesting premise, thank you.
    Last edited by cholla; 02-03-11 at 11:07 PM.

  7. #37
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Dont buy into the story that republicans do ANYTHING (without a show) to make the govt smaller. These new guys in office..... well. We shall see. But I would hope that you would know that republicans say one thing and do something else behind the doors.
    Oh, you are talking about John McCain again, huh. The new guys, I hold some hope..... we'll see.

  8. #38
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    IF, there was a civil war between liberals and conservatives, who do you think would win? What would be the rallying cry? What would be the end game? What would be the reasons on each side that they were willing to fight for? In the end, what would the country look like politically?
    Interesting premise, thank you.
    I'm not sure I can answer any of your questions, what I was trying to show, is that we are much closer to being put into a position where we aren't going to be given a choice but to decide if we want an over blown government, or one that is more basic.

    Gawd this is hard, I could tell you some of the steps I'm taking to protect myself from what could be coming, and I'm not a doom and gloom guy, but for the first time in my life, I'm scared.

    I could also tell you all the reasons I'm scared, but that would take pages and pages, the main one however, is our dollar, right now it's on the verge of losing it's standing as the worlds currency, much closer then I think most realize. If that happens, all hell is going to break lose. We are going to see inflation like we have never seen it before. The collapse of 2008 is going to seem like a good time. Right now our economy is being propped up by the fact of our dollars acceptance as the world currency, we are holding on by our fingernails because our government can and IS just printing more and more of it.

    If the fall of the dollar happens, and I truly believe it will if drastic steps aren't taken now. Then I believe the war is not going to be between conservatives and liberals, but a war between values. When you can't give your family the basic necessities to survive it's going to turn to how you survive, either by being self sufficient, or if you turn to trying to take it from others. If you are one of those that can become self sufficient, are you going to protect your family from those that are trying to take it from you? That is the war I see coming if things turn bad.

    I guess what I'm asking is those that depend on our government for everything, what are they going to do when the government can't provide for them ? Are our laws going to mean anything? Those that don't depend on our government, how far will they go to protect what they have?

    As far as who wins, well I'm conservative, so my opinion is those who can become self sufficient. But it's not going to be a win for anyone, because our way of life is going to be lowered drastically for all.

  9. #39
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You libs can hide behind rulings like Texas v. White if you wish, but the fact remains the country is founded on a union of nations that allows those nations to break from that union if they so wish. There is a logical reason that can't be denied that the states are called states and the union is called a union. Try to pretend if you wish that union was indeed a take over by the all powerful government if you wish than do you damnest to try to support it by statements of the time.

    Anyway, I support this action. More states need to threaten to leave.
    You might be able to make that argument about the thirteen original states (plus perhaps Vermont and Texas based on how they entered the Union) but all of the other parts of the U.S. became parts of the U.S. as a result of TREATIES signed and ratified by the FEDERAL governemnt (except Hawaii) -- Texas was as well, but again, different circumstances as most of us know... I don't think your argument would apply to them. The territory that is now Arizona came to be U.S. territory on the virtue of two treaties the U.S. government signed with Mexico (both of which also involved the transfer of FEDERAL funds to acquire said territory). Your argument doesn't hold...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #40
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Arizona to secede (without OFFICIALLY doing so)

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So basically they are ignoring the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution?

    Fine by me. The federal government can withhold federal funding from them and give them a taste of what it really is like to be sovereign.
    Remember that you are talking about money that the Federal government removes from the states in the first place...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •