Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

  1. #21
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Then why would they bring it up? The cuts cannot come close to the spending
    Something Obama said last night? Weren't you listening. He clearly stated that if you thought cutting domestic spending would do the job, you're wrong. More was going to have be looked at. So, congress has to look. Big programs like the military and SS and medicare will have to be looked at. So will taxes.

    But presently, we don't have the details to actually discuss.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #22
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You mean like all the jobs these same policies failed to produce the last 2 years
    Thats my point. If the GOP and Tea Party continue with rhetoric like that you keep regurgitating, he is a sure bet to win in 2012. See, ideas are what matter, he is proposing some for better or worse. The opposition likes to play school yard and say "Your a socialist, and you did not create any jobs..." Thus, when faced with a choice, voters will migrate. The GOP must share in any blame now, so they best do less trash talking and more working.
    Last edited by tlmorg02; 01-26-11 at 03:35 PM.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Something Obama said last night? Weren't you listening. He clearly stated that if you thought cutting domestic spending would do the job, you're wrong. More was going to have be looked at. So, congress has to look. Big programs like the military and SS and medicare will have to be looked at. So will taxes.

    But presently, we don't have the details to actually discuss.
    Let him try to touch SS and medicare and he will surely kill his chances for re-election

  4. #24
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Let him try to touch SS and medicare and he will surely kill his chances for re-election
    Exactly. Same with anyone else, and hence our problem. The big disconnect. Don't touch, don't tax, and balance. See the problem yet?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Thats my point. If the GOP and Tea Party continue with rhetoric like that you keep regurgitating, he is a sure bet to win in 2012. See, ideas are what matter, he is proposing some for better or worse. The opposition likes to play school yard and say "Your a socialist, and you did not create any jobs..." Thus, when faced with a choice, voters will migrate. The GOP must share in any blame now, so they best do less trash talking and more working.
    Problem is he is saying the same thing he has been saying for 2 years. More government will create jobs. That has failed and will continue to fail if allowed

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Exactly. Same with anyone else, and hence our problem. The big disconnect. Don't touch, don't tax, and balance. See the problem yet?
    Yes I do. More spending will not produce jobs. Jobs must come from the private sector not the government

  7. #27
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yes I do. More spending will not produce jobs. Jobs must come from the private sector not the government
    Who has said otherwise? All spending was designed to do was help in the short term, easing the pain. It may have done that. But I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #28
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Problem is he is saying the same thing he has been saying for 2 years. More government will create jobs. That has failed and will continue to fail if allowed
    His first spending did create road work jobs and such. The main goal was to just infuse the economy with money. Of course it was not successful in solving the problems. What he is proposing now is nothing new, from JFK onward the government has invested in scientific research and technology and it did indeed create whole industries.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who has said otherwise? All spending was designed to do was help in the short term, easing the pain. It may have done that. But I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.
    Obama wants to continue those failed projects

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama and his imbalanced ledger

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    His first spending did create road work jobs and such. The main goal was to just infuse the economy with money. Of course it was not successful in solving the problems. What he is proposing now is nothing new, from JFK onward the government has invested in scientific research and technology and it did indeed create whole industries.
    Obama is no Kennedy and so far Obama is a failure when it comes to jobs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •