Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    She did not state historical events ... she said the political climate. That was a fair question. Notice Breibart had to cut the answer short.

    Could you ever reference Breibart as a journalist who is fair and balanced with a straight face?

    http://mediamatters.org/blog/201007210024
    Last edited by Turin; 01-23-11 at 11:31 PM.

  2. #12
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    She said both historical events and the political climate, linking them in similarity. The clip was only 44 seconds long, but this is bloody obvious.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    She said both historical events and the political climate, linking them in similarity. The clip was only 44 seconds long, but this is bloody obvious.
    Nah ... She was asking the person being interviewed if the climate was the same? She never said the historical events beyond assassination.

    If the OP had an issue with a journalist question why would they choose a known hack to present it?

    It was a fair question ... and the answer was also fair. In fact, the point was made even during that time period it was just a troubled idiot that did not represent any group. The question posed by Amanapour made a point many on the right and left as well have missed.

    This is just further partisan drivel. Case closed.
    Last edited by Turin; 01-23-11 at 11:57 PM.

  4. #14
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    She was asking about political climate and there was nothing partisan or baiting in the question or the answer. In reality there is a similarity (random nuts with mental issues target politicians with assassination attempts). Just like hacks on the left tried to blame Palin ( and trust me I have no respect for Palin) a lie is a lie.

    However, the hacks like Breibart or Olberman (right and left examples) will try to make something where there is nothing.

    Briebart is a hack ...plain and simple ... they exist on both sides and he is a prime example.

    How Andrew Breitbart Hacks the Media | Magazine

    A hack calls out another actual journalist who asked an open ended question?
    I'm sorry but I did see it as partisan. However, as a conservative, I'm somewhat sensitive to being blamed for the arizona shooting.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  5. #15
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    Again, the political climate of the late 2000s and early 20teens is ****ing fantastic compared to the 1960s. The media does this crap repeatedly to try to make connections to the past that are quite worthless.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'm sorry but I did see it as partisan. However, as a conservative, I'm somewhat sensitive to being blamed for the arizona shooting.

    I do not blame you. Many left hacks did this and they were wrong. In this case a balanced journalist poses the question asking if there a similarity in politlcal atmosphere and the discussion resulted was that it was a random nut not representing any group.

    A known Right hack short on facts spinning a decent discussion ... a discussion making the very point you are making as well ... does not fix any left hack who tried to place blame on the right.
    Last edited by Turin; 01-24-11 at 12:03 AM.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    Christiane Amapour is the one from ABC who interviewed Fuller and ate up everything he was saying about Beck, Palin, Rush, the tea party.
    Then when HE made a death threat to Humphries (tea party leader) and was taken into custody at the town hall she was covering, she barely mentioned that little fact.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #18
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    And again, that point was absolutely ridiculous as well. You had the awful events surrounding a bourgeoning Civil Rights Movement, a President assassinated, a divisive Black power leader assassinated, race riots, college campus sit-ins and violent demonstrations, peaceful and violent war protests galore, King's assassination, RFK's assassination, the DNC of 1968, and the developing Weathermen Underground. You cannot seriously tell me this is anything like that with a straight face. For a former Democratic Presidential candidate in the 1960s and 1970s, he referred to 1968 as something like "that damn year".
    Gee....how did all that bad stuff happen without talk radio, fox news, the tea party, sarah palin, or glenn beck?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Gee....how did all that bad stuff happen without talk radio, fox news, the tea party, sarah palin, or glenn beck?
    That was what came out of the Amanapour interview .... whatever the political climate there are always random insane people who do not represent any organized group.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,452

    Re: ABC’s Amanpour Links JFK/RFK Assassinations to Today’s ‘Political Atmosphere’

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    That was what came out of the Amanapour interview .... whatever the political climate there are always random insane people who do not represent any organized group.
    The only problem with your argument is that neither Oswald, nor Sirhan were, "random insane people". Sirhan stated that he killed RFK, "for his country". There are several of Sirhan's journal entries that confirm that.

    Correction: Sirhan isn't a Muslim. He is a Christian Palestinian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •