Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88

Thread: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

  1. #61
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You still have entirely failed to address my point.
    You have totally diverted from your point which was calling the Prescription Drug program unfunded. That is what you do all the time while never admitting when wrong

  2. #62
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package



    It doesn't appear (so far) they have the balls to look at Medicare and other entitlements.

    Here's where they talk about appeasing their base:



    Ah, yes, the pledge...So, regardless if it has any real or meaningful effect, they did what they said and now they're off the hook? Got it.

    And, um, speaking of job-killing...



    Here's a better idea, why not cut the offices that are overstaffed and overpaid, and expand the offices that are understaffed and therefore inefficient--like banking and industry regulators.
    You don't like this???? What a partisan you are. This is tremendous news. I thank you for posting it, since I somehow missed it. We should all be jumpin' up and down.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have totally diverted from your point which was calling the Prescription Drug program unfunded. That is what you do all the time while never admitting when wrong
    That was not the point, and you still have failed to address the point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That was not the point, and you still have failed to address the point.
    If it wasn't the point why did you post it in the first place. It was in your post and that is what I responded to.

  5. #65
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If it wasn't the point why did you post it in the first place. It was in your post and that is what I responded to.
    That was not all you responded to, in fact, this part of the discussion involved one word of the post. You are focusing on one word and ignore the entire rest of the post.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That was not all you responded to, in fact, this part of the discussion involved one word of the post. You are focusing on one word and ignore the entire rest of the post.
    Thanks for showing what most of us knew. That one word is key to the entire thread and was supported by others. That one word, unfunded, was WRONG!

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thanks for showing what most of us knew. That one word is key to the entire thread and was supported by others. That one word, unfunded, was WRONG!
    No, actually it was not. It was not even the point I was making. You once again focused on a tiny minute item to try and divert from the point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, actually it was not. It was not even the point I was making. You once again focused on a tiny minute item to try and divert from the point.
    Tiny and minute, unfunded Prescription Drug Program? thanks, will remember that the next time you attack a word that I put into a post. The difference between you and me is I can admit when I am wrong. Why did you put that into your post?

  9. #69
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tiny and minute, unfunded Prescription Drug Program? thanks, will remember that the next time you attack a word that I put into a post. The difference between you and me is I can admit when I am wrong. Why did you put that into your post?
    I admitted I used the wrong word, and should have said not paid for(that is a republican talking point after all). You however, when faced with a post you could not counter, focused on one tiny thing and not the actual point of the post.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I admitted I used the wrong word, and should have said not paid for(that is a republican talking point after all). You however, when faced with a post you could not counter, focused on one tiny thing and not the actual point of the post.
    As I pointed out there are a lot of items in the budget that aren't paid for but have line items. If all items were paid for there would be a balanced budget or a surplus. With the Prescription Drug Program there was a line item under Medicare and a cost that was less than that line item thus a savings over what was proposed. That is good news, not the bad news that has been stated here, not by you but by others. Bush said that the Prescription Drug program would reduce costs and at least in 2008 it not only wasn't unfunded but it reduced costs.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •