Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88

Thread: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

  1. #51
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did you miss the affects of the Bush Prescription Drug program the last year that Bush was in office? Do results matter in your world?

    Medicare drug plan spending drops $6B in 2008 - USATODAY.com
    What does that have to do with my point in any way shape of form?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Well, not yet. Bill in now law.
    Noticed when challenged and offered facts and links to support those facts that you ignore them and run. Not surprising other than I wonder what it is about the liberal ideology that keeps people like you "hooked" on the rhetoric and ignorance of the results.

    Waiting for you and other liberals here to condemn the Obama financial support for GE and explain how GE Got TARP funds from Obama. TARP was for the banks that dealt with the housing industry yet GE Got billions for what? Where is that liberal outrage over those evil Corporations and their CEO's?

  3. #53
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What does that have to do with my point in any way shape of form?
    Everything to do with your claim that first the Prescription Drug program was unfunded and second that it cost more than proposed. You really need to pay closer attention to what you post. No program with a budget amount can be unfunded and the fact that it came in under budget shows a savings, not a cost increase.

    Did you not say this? How can a bill be unfunded with a budget amount assigned to the line item?

    Actually so did republicans. Or did we forget about Bush and the prescription (unfunded) bill?
    Last edited by Conservative; 01-21-11 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added quote

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Everything to do with your claim that first the Prescription Drug program was unfunded and second that it cost more than proposed. You really need to pay closer attention to what you post. No program with a budget amount can be unfunded and the fact that it came in under budget shows a savings, not a cost increase.

    Did you not say this? How can a bill be unfunded with a budget amount assigned to the line item?
    I did not say it cost more than proposed. Go back and actually read what it was in response to. Randomly piping in with unrelated nonsequitors does not disprove anything.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not say it cost more than proposed. Go back and actually read what it was in response to. Randomly piping in with unrelated nonsequitors does not disprove anything.
    You really are argumentative, you said it was unfunded and as I pointed out any item with a budgeted amount cannot be unfunded. Why do you have such a problem admitting when wrong?

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You are aware that's because the seniors were paying more for prescriptions? -- The same drugs they aren't allowed to buy cheaper from Canada?

    I guess you weren't.
    and I guess you haven't got a ****ing clue what you're talking about either...
    Big reasons for the savings:

    •Generic drugs. The use of generic drugs has grown sharply, especially among seniors. Norvasc, for high blood pressure, and Fosamax, for osteoporosis, are among expensive drugs now available in generic form. Generics account for 64% of Medicare prescriptions compared with 61% in the private sector, Medicare says.

    •Fewer enrollees. The program has 2 million fewer participants than originally forecast. Some seniors decided to keep existing drug coverage, Medicare says. Also, fewer poor people enrolled than expected.

    •Doughnut hole. Seniors have cut costs to avoid falling into the "doughnut hole" — a coverage gap in which drug expenses between $2,510 and $4,050 a year are not insured.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Oh boy, here we go... it cost less because it covers less.
    I thought you said it cost less because the seniors were paying more for prescriptions?

    Make up your mind.

  8. #58
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really are argumentative, you said it was unfunded and as I pointed out any item with a budgeted amount cannot be unfunded. Why do you have such a problem admitting when wrong?
    Change the word unfunded to unpaid for. This was a side point to the point I was making, which you still have not addressed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Change the word unfunded to unpaid for. This was a side point to the point I was making, which you still have not addressed.
    We have an entire budget that is unpaid for thus the deficits and the debt. What makes this any different? You said unfunded and since it has a budget line item that cannot be the case. Keep digging that hole deeper when all it takes is for you to admit you were wrong. Further less was spent that budgeted showing that the program is cutting expense. That is a good thing

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP Lawmakers Unveil $2.5 Trillion Spending Cuts Package

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We have an entire budget that is unpaid for thus the deficits and the debt. What makes this any different? You said unfunded and since it has a budget line item that cannot be the case. Keep digging that hole deeper when all it takes is for you to admit you were wrong. Further less was spent that budgeted showing that the program is cutting expense. That is a good thing
    You still have entirely failed to address my point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •