Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

  1. #11
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,168

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Legally speaking, a fetus was never alive and therefore doesn't have a death to investigate.

    Of course, you knew that already. You were just trying to make the point that...

    ...

    hmmm
    And a very poignant point it was!

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    54,320

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    That's your opinion, not scientific fact.

    when does life begin?
    You seem to have missed a couple of important words. Which is weird, seeing as how they were the first two words.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And a very poignant point it was!
    I'm sure it was!
    If only I could figure out WHAT it was...
    Last edited by Deuce; 01-13-11 at 11:09 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,987

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you're saying that child doesn't deserve to be treated as a person because she wasn't old enough?

    See, lots of ways to spin this.
    Whatcha think about smacking Christina Green's folks with a death tax?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #14
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,412

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wanna know what would push me over the edge and cause me to hurt somebody? After I got done burying my hour old baby girl, I get hit with a death tax.

    If I were these folks, I would tell them to shove their death tax up their ass and wouldn't pay it.
    Given this discussion as already deteriorated beyond the human suffering to the mundane issue of taxes, I will argue as equally dispassionately.

    Its not a tax, its a user fee. I thought those that did not like taxes were all for user fees. Without this user fee, the cost is spread amongst all taxpayers.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 01-13-11 at 11:31 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,168

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You seem to have missed a couple of important words. Which is weird, seeing as how they were the first two words.



    I'm sure it was!
    If only I could figure out WHAT it was...
    Come now...you REALLY cant figure out why the question was posed in light of the fact that a mother can choose to have a doctor slaughter her unborn child but that same child can be born with little to no expectation of life (due to natural causes) and they deem it necessary to perform an autopsy for a finding of 'fault'? Really? I mean...ideological differences aside...REALLY?

  6. #16
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,168

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Given this discussion as already deteriorated beyond the human suffering to the mundane issue of taxes, I will argue as equally dispassionately.

    Its not a tax, its a user fee. I thought those that did not like taxes were all for user fees. Without this user fee, the cost is spread amongst all taxpayers.
    The point is more that it is an unnecessary procedure forced on the family that is already grieving the loss of a child.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,987

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Given this discussion as already deteriorated beyond the human suffering to the mundane issue of taxes, I will argue as equally dispassionately.

    Its not a tax, its a user fee. I thought those that did not like taxes were all for user fees. Without this user fee, the cost is spread amongst all taxpayers.
    Read Vancemack's post. Maybe you'll get it, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Come now...you REALLY cant figure out why the question was posed in light of the fact that a mother can choose to have a doctor slaughter her unborn child but that same child can be born with little to no expectation of life (due to natural causes) and they deem it necessary to perform an autopsy for a finding of 'fault'? Really? I mean...ideological differences aside...REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,620

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you're saying that child doesn't deserve to be treated as a person because she wasn't old enough?

    See, lots of ways to spin this.
    Yeah, like an hour's difference between an abortion and a live birth.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  9. #19
    Professor
    other's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    VA
    Last Seen
    01-22-14 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Given this discussion as already deteriorated beyond the human suffering to the mundane issue of taxes, I will argue as equally dispassionately.

    Its not a tax, its a user fee. I thought those that did not like taxes were all for user fees. Without this user fee, the cost is spread amongst all taxpayers.
    And in this case, what would you say exactly was "used?"

  10. #20
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Family charged 'death tax' for baby who lived one hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Legally speaking, a fetus was never alive and therefore doesn't have a death to investigate.

    Of course, you knew that already. You were just trying to make the point that...

    ...

    hmmm

    Legally vs.'actually is what separates savages from those who value life.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •