Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

  1. #71
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim : Information Clearing House: ICH



    Where was the charity we are told would assist people like this?
    I don't know what the guide lines are, you don't know them either, so let's not preempt it into a political gotcha until we learn more about it.

    ricksfolly

  2. #72
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,004

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    IMO Arizona will not be the last State to cut/reduce health care assistance. AZ is facing a 1.4 billion dollar shortfall for fiscal 2010 and an estimated 3.2Billion for 2011 if more cuts are not done. Bottom line is programs will be reduced/eliminated to balance the budget. There just is not enough money to go around. Some will not recieve the funds for their care.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    IMO Arizona will not be the last State to cut/reduce health care assistance. AZ is facing a 1.4 billion dollar shortfall for fiscal 2010 and an estimated 3.2Billion for 2011 if more cuts are not done. Bottom line is programs will be reduced/eliminated to balance the budget. There just is not enough money to go around. Some will not recieve the funds for their care.

    Or maybe raise a tax? One never knows when they might find themselves and or a loved in a major medical situation.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Meanwhile...back to the OP...

    Was this person REALLY killed because ONE PERSON...Jan Brewer...made the decision in and of herself that transplants did not fit in the Arizona budget? And wasnt this thread about charity? SO...Im still wondering...where was the notification that the problem existed, that the individual needed support for an organ transplant? We see it out here farily commonly where individuals hold bake sales, car washes, and place donation jars at shopping and convenience stores to assist families with needed medical procedures. Did that happen in this case? Did the OP know about this before the person died? Did the OP contribute? OR...did the OP just read another snarky article from a biased website and post about a case the OP had no knowledge of or involvement in? Still havent heard the response to THAT question...

    Actually the tread is more about so called death panels.

    The sort that we are told will come from Obama care. The US already has "death panels" either decided by the insurance company, medicare/medicaid, a person own lack of financial resources to pay for health care requirements.

    I have known that Arizona was cutting its funding assistance for Organ transplants for a few weeks, and it was reported that some of the 99 people on the funding list will most likely die because funding was not going to be avaliable for the transplants.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  5. #75
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    I don't know what the guide lines are, you don't know them either, so let's not preempt it into a political gotcha until we learn more about it.

    ricksfolly

    The person was as I understand things removed from the transplant waiting list because the funding to perform the operation was not their. It would not make sense to have the person on the list send the organ to the hospital where the patient is, only not have the surgery performed due to lack of funds wasting the organ in the process
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  6. #76
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,649

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Actually the tread is more about so called death panels.

    The sort that we are told will come from Obama care. The US already has "death panels" either decided by the insurance company, medicare/medicaid, a person own lack of financial resources to pay for health care requirements.

    I have known that Arizona was cutting its funding assistance for Organ transplants for a few weeks, and it was reported that some of the 99 people on the funding list will most likely die because funding was not going to be avaliable for the transplants.
    Funny...your only comment was... "Where was the charity we are told would assist people like this?"

    You either knew about this case before the woman died or you didnt. if you did and did nothing...shame on you. If you DIDNT and then posted it in the name of gotcha partisan sniping, well...shame on you again. Did you? Did this womans very existence even MATTER to you until you could use her death to score some sort of political point?

  7. #77
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Funny...your only comment was... "Where was the charity we are told would assist people like this?"

    You either knew about this case before the woman died or you didnt. if you did and did nothing...shame on you. If you DIDNT and then posted it in the name of gotcha partisan sniping, well...shame on you again. Did you? Did this womans very existence even MATTER to you until you could use her death to score some sort of political point?
    That being said when the article in the OP is dripping with emotional pleas, misleading statements and a frivolous abandon of facts only to lead to the end in which it discusses the 'importance of donating to charities for said cause'

    I'm a bit frustrated with trying to debate this - because some essential facts to truth are protected (as they should be).
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 01-10-11 at 11:23 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #78
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Funny...your only comment was... "Where was the charity we are told would assist people like this?"

    You either knew about this case before the woman died or you didnt. if you did and did nothing...shame on you. If you DIDNT and then posted it in the name of gotcha partisan sniping, well...shame on you again. Did you? Did this womans very existence even MATTER to you until you could use her death to score some sort of political point?

    The specific person I had no idea

    That Arizona cut this funding and that has put the lives of 99 people at risk I did.

    It was posted to point out the idiocy of complaining about potential "death panels" when they already exist. Of the ones complaining about death panels are generally the ones against universal health care and generally point out that charity would take care of those in need. This case points out that charity is not going to do the job.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #79
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,649

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    The specific person I had no idea

    That Arizona cut this funding and that has put the lives of 99 people at risk I did.

    It was posted to point out the idiocy of complaining about potential "death panels" when they already exist. Of the ones complaining about death panels are generally the ones against universal health care and generally point out that charity would take care of those in need. This case points out that charity is not going to do the job.
    I see...so your comments had NOTHING to do with your post. well...that at least makes more sense.

    So WITH your very in depth knowledge of Arizonas death panels...do you really and truly maintain that Jan Brewer is the person responsible for denying this person a transplant? And apparently...these processes DO exist...so when that debate was raging did you take the "yes they already exist and its not going to change" position or the "no...there arent any such things called for in government run health care programs" position? My memory just doesnt seem to recall anyone pointing to the current existence of death panels...I must have missed those posts.

  10. #80
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Big surprise. The state of Arizona values human life at $14,000.
    The average human body is composed of the following elements:

    # 65% Oxygen
    # 18% Carbon
    # 10% Hydrogen
    # 3% Nitrogen
    # 1.5% Calcium
    # 1% Phosphorous
    # 0.35% Potassium
    # 0.25% Sulfur
    # 0.15% Sodium
    # 0.15% Chlorine
    # 0.05% Magnesium
    # 0.0004% Iron
    # 0.00004% Iodine

    $14,000.00 dollars? Damn, I thought that all those 600 dollar hammers were grossly overpriced, but this takes the cake. That's our government at work, folks.
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-11-11 at 01:30 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •