Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 86

Thread: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

  1. #51
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Is that what I am doing?

    Or perhaps I am pointing out that Death Panels exist prior to Obama care. Something that I know will shock some posters. That the state decided this person was not worthy of having money spent on him, that each person in Arizona felt this person was not worthy spending money on. That rationing of health care exists in socialized healthcare and in private health care. The only difference is who decides what is to be rationed or not
    More accurately the nonsense some are calling death panels. Neither this or what was proposed actually merit being called a death panel. But yes, I suspect there are those who will continue to miss your point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #52
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Human resources are a zero sum game. Every dollar spent in one area means it isn't spent somewhere else. Spending millions for low-probability expensive medical treatments might save a few lives, but at the cost of many more from traffic accidents caused by crappy roads that lack funding. However, in this case the cost benefit analysis seems quite reasonable at 14,000 per person(assuming that number is accurate). There is plenty of more wasteful medical spending that should have been cut before this transplant program.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    I get tired of seeing people at my heart Failure clinic that miss appointments all the time. That miss there meds. That will not adjust tjeir diet. That smoke right in fromt of the hospital.

  4. #54
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,679

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    *Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim* :***** Information Clearing House: ICH
    Where was the charity we are told would assist people like this?
    Your own and the websites obvious bias aside...was their some sort of request for said charity? Were people offered notice that the requirement existed? And since YOU care so much, were you were YOU on this? Why didnt you rush in and offer to support the operation? Since...you know...you OBVIOUSLY care so much?

  5. #55
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,012

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Wonder how many people who think that transplants are a right are organ donors? It is not just money, its organ availability. Yes, I know that in one case in Az a organ was available and the person was denied because the State would not pay for it.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  6. #56
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Did I say it was?

    Notice how I asked where was the charity that conservatives so like to state will take care of the unfortunate, eliminating the need for governmental assistance. Given the conservative nature of Arizona I was suprised that millions of people did not donate to assist this person a fellow american could live.

    Overall I am dissappointed at the individuals of Arizona who decided this person should die because they were too cheap to donate a few cents each to allow this person to get a transplant
    How much did you contribute?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Wonder how many people who think that transplants are a right are organ donors? It is not just money, its organ availability. Yes, I know that in one case in Az a organ was available and the person was denied because the State would not pay for it.
    A right? Who says this? As someone willing to be an organ donor, and someone who thinks transplants are a viable option, exactly who are you talking about?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #58
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A right? Who says this? As someone willing to be an organ donor, and someone who thinks transplants are a viable option, exactly who are you talking about?
    We have a large disparity of people who are NOT organ donors in our country - which is why so many die before they receive a transplant.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #59
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    We have a large disparity of people who are NOT organ donors in our country - which is why so many die before they receive a transplant.
    I doubt anyone who actively sees organ transplantation as a right opposes being a donor. Some do oppose being a donor, but many really don't give it much thought. But those who care about are likely willing to be a donor.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #60
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Death Panel Claims Another Victim

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I doubt anyone who actively sees organ transplantation as a right opposes being a donor. Some do oppose being a donor, but many really don't give it much thought. But those who care about are likely willing to be a donor.
    If someone doesn't give it any thought - why does it seem impossible that they oppose the overall idea?

    At least it means those who are donors take the time to read options on a card.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •