Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 470

Thread: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

  1. #421
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    They say the same thing about ObamaCare. Crossing the line into the home is a no no. Accomplish your goals another way.

    Originally Posted by Catawba
    "To each his own of course. I respect your right to see it differently."

    That's just what people say to run away when they can't deal with reality anymore and fear conflict.
    What's to run away from? You gave your opinion, I gave mine. Game over. I will keep in mind however that you prefer not to be treated respectfully.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What's to run away from? You gave your opinion, I gave mine. Game over. I will keep in mind however that you prefer not to be treated respectfully.
    More avoidance, no evidence. Typical. Thank you for proving my point.

  3. #423
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    More avoidance, no evidence. Typical. Thank you for proving my point.
    I'm right here. Evidence of what????
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #424
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'm right here. Evidence of what????
    My example of the threshold of your front door being a critical legal boundary. You claim it isn't. Provide evidence. You say the state is in fact just. Provide evidence. Not opinion, evidence. What is the "Compelling State Interest" in breaching your right to privacy? Demonstrate this I beg you.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-15-11 at 03:55 AM.

  5. #425
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    My example of the threshold of your front door being a critical legal boundary. You claim it isn't. Provide evidence. You say the state is in fact just. Provide evidence. Not opinion, evidence. What is the "Compelling State Interest" in breaching your right to privacy? Demonstrate this I beg you.
    The light bulb requirement does not require anyone entering your front door. If you are talking about the 2008 proposal you brought up that was voted down, who gives a ****? Its a moot point, it was voted down.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The light bulb requirement does not require anyone entering your front door. If you are talking about the 2008 proposal you brought up that was voted down, who gives a ****? Its a moot point, it was voted down.
    That's not what I was talking about....you're avoiding again...

    ...and yes I know it was voted down. I never said it was active law today. If you go back and actually bother yourself to pay attention, I was asked to provide an example of such a thing even being supported by anyone. So that's what I did. I specifically said government controlled thermostats were a thing to come. I never said they were here today.

    Now please stop with the silly games and link to your evidence.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-15-11 at 04:16 AM.

  7. #427
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    This change is typical of the environmentally ill's ideas. They are trading a few pennies in elctricity for lightbulds that will polute when thrown away.

    The whole environmental movement lost it's way back when they started having an effect because those at the top of all the tax free orginizations saw the day coming that they would be out of the cushy high paying jobs that have armies of volenteers go out and do the heavy lifting while they drive gas gusslers and occupy huge offices.

    This BS needs to stop because the loss of jobs is getting out of hand with all the new bulbs coming from China.

  8. #428
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,206

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Does China have light-bulb supremacy?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  9. #429
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    This change is typical of the environmentally ill's ideas. They are trading a few pennies in elctricity for lightbulds that will polute when thrown away.

    The whole environmental movement lost it's way back when they started having an effect because those at the top of all the tax free orginizations saw the day coming that they would be out of the cushy high paying jobs that have armies of volenteers go out and do the heavy lifting while they drive gas gusslers and occupy huge offices.

    This BS needs to stop because the loss of jobs is getting out of hand with all the new bulbs coming from China.

    Hate to disturb your rant there but there is no mercury in halogen light bulbs. Also, this will create jobs - U.S. plant to make mercury-
    free energy saving light bulbs.


    So it will mean the same light for less money without polluting and creates jobs. Yean, somebody definitely has to put a damper on that!
    Last edited by Catawba; 01-15-11 at 04:22 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yop
    Last Seen
    06-27-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    I find it highly amusing that mostly the rabid cons want to be allowed to buy the brightest bulbs.

    Overcompensation?

Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •