Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 470

Thread: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

  1. #311
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,093

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And your point is?
    The point is, he reinstated the drilling moratoiums on thos areas since this article was written....
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-23-15 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    Who would want to buy an inefficient, more expensive lightbulb? I get the less government regulation argument generally, but when it gets to the point where people are complaining about the government making them save money with little perceivable negative effects and at least decently supported evidence of community benefit, I find that kind of silly.
    So bringing Mercury in the house is OK? I don't see the savings they are more expensive and do not last as long as they claim

  3. #313
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The point is, he reinstated the drilling moratoiums on thos areas since this article was written....
    links my friend?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #314
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So bringing Mercury in the house is OK? I don't see the savings they are more expensive and do not last as long as they claim
    Another that is not aware of the thread topic. Halogen bulbs are what the OP refers to and they have no mercury.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #315
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,093

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    links my friend?
    Where you been?

    Obama Reinstates Drilling Moratorium
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #316
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Don't know what you are referring to. Are you suggesting we did not pass peak oik in the US in 1970? If so, please list the years we produced more oil than we consumed since 1970.

    Thanks!


    Sorry, don't deal in kooky conspiracy theory bunk.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  7. #317
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I had not heard that. Makes sense though given all the unresolved safety issues conerning the deaths resulting from the BP oil disaster.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #318
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Sorry, don't deal in kooky conspiracy theory bunk.

    If you have facts that show any years since the early 70's when the US produced more oil than we consumed, you could say that and still be credible.

    But since you've stilll not provided any facts to back up your claim...................
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #319
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,093

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I had not heard that. Makes sense though given all the unresolved safety issues conerning the deaths resulting from the BP oil disaster.
    Oh, right, so now he's doing for our own good?

    Gimme a freekin' break!
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    03-20-18 @ 12:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,695

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If you have facts that show any years since the early 70's when the US produced more oil than we consumed, you could say that and still be credible.

    But since you've stilll not provided any facts to back up your claim...................
    Peak oil DOES NOT mean we are producing less oil than we consume, it means we used more of the Earth's oil than is left in reserves.

    At least learn what you are talking about.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •