Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 470

Thread: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

  1. #141
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We are the ones that benefit from global warming legislation.
    Global warming hoax legislation will put millions of people out work and lower the salaries of millions more. How, exactly, do we benefit from GW legislation? Who is we? You got a mouse in your pocket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #142
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ah, here we go. Are you claiming that everyone that owns a corporation is wealthy? You've been listening to the Messiah, too much. Him, or Keither Olberman.



    Really? So, how did all that oil get there, to begin with?

    You might wanna read up on the subject

    Oil Fields Are Refilling...Naturally - Sometimes Rapidly There Are More Oil Seeps Than All The Tankers On Earth

    I didn't say everyone owning a corporation was wealthy.

    You go ahead and put your faith in a staff writer with Newsday.com if you wish. I will go with the scientific evidence if you don't mind.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #143
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Global warming hoax legislation will put millions of people out work and lower the salaries of millions more. How, exactly, do we benefit from GW legislation? Who is we? You got a mouse in your pocket?
    Energy efficiency and alternative energy is the answer to both our economic and our environmental successes. How can you have long term economic success without a healthy environment? The we I am referring to is life on the planet.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #144
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I didn't say everyone owning a corporation was wealthy.

    You go ahead and put your faith in a staff writer with Newsday.com if you wish. I will go with the scientific evidence if you don't mind.
    Ohhhh, don't like the source? Ok:

    Geochemist Says Oil FieldsMay Be Refilled Naturally - NYTimes.com

    I bet the NYT isn't in the pocket of the oil companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #145
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Energy efficiency and alternative energy is the answer to both our economic and our environmental successes. How can you have long term economic success without a healthy environment? The we I am referring to is life on the planet.
    I have an even better question: how can we possibly hope for a healthy environment, without a healthy economy?

    You can't kill the economy, in the name of saving the environment. Just ain't gonna work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #146
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ohhhh, don't like the source? Ok:

    Geochemist Says Oil FieldsMay Be Refilled Naturally - NYTimes.com

    I bet the NYT isn't in the pocket of the oil companies.
    Oh, if we had only known that we could have avoided a decade war against Iraq for their oil. Just let me know when we have our first year (since 1970) of producing more oil than we consume okay.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #147
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Oh, if we had only known that we could have avoided a decade war against Iraq for their oil. Just let me know when we have our first year (since 1970) of producing more oil than we consume okay.
    Ok, so, you're retort is, "we went to war in Iraq for their oil"?

    Truferism sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #148
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I have an even better question: how can we possibly hope for a healthy environment, without a healthy economy?

    You can't kill the economy, in the name of saving the environment. Just ain't gonna work.
    Like I said, they are co-dependent. Most of our policies have put short-term economic gain before long term environmental gains, without the realization evidently that we are shooting ourselves in the foot, such as our policies that have continued to support an infrastructure dependent on dwindling resources for the last 40 years. This has already put us at an economic disadvantage and will even more so in the future.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #149
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    We have lots of oil in the USA, just not always the good, sweet crude, or where it is easy to get at, or mixed in with sand, shale, etc.
    Gas prices will go up, we have no choice.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #150
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Kiss your 100-watt lightbulb goodbye

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Like I said, they are co-dependent. Most of our policies have put short-term economic gain before long term environmental gains, without the realization evidently that we are shooting ourselves in the foot, such as our policies that have continued to support an infrastructure dependent on dwindling resources for the last 40 years. This has already put us at an economic disadvantage and will even more so in the future.
    So, the solution, is to pass legislation that protects the environment and kills jobs. How does that have a hppy ending, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •