Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 181

Thread: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Okay. I'll explain.

    If sodomite "marriage" becomes a legalized thing, then Christians lose. Because a wrong lifestyle that was formerly kept private and out of public eye for the most part will become something that everyone is expected to approve of.
    Sorry but that is completely illogical. Something being "legal" does not equate to it automatically being "expected to approve of". There are many things currently LEGAL that Christians do not approve of, that does not mean Christians lose. It means we are a diverse nation with freedoms that some approve or disaprove of. Gay Marriage WHEN legalized will just be one of those things legal that Christians do not approve of.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 12-31-10 at 02:02 PM.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    From everything i have read, and understood on this issue, it isn't so much that this group is GAY, is that they are highly Activist, and want the GOP to ignore Social Issues and to stop pushing Traditional Family Values that has caused the biggest problem.

    That's a far cry from Bigotry, however, that's par for the course with some folks. You can support gays, and be conservative, you can be gay and conservative... however for some, if you don't embrace the agenda of an activist gay group, you are a bigot.


    Go figure.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #83
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    From everything i have read, and understood on this issue, it isn't so much that this group is GAY, is that they are highly Activist, and want the GOP to ignore Social Issues and to stop pushing Traditional Family Values that has caused the biggest problem.

    That's a far cry from Bigotry, however, that's par for the course with some folks. You can support gays, and be conservative, you can be gay and conservative... however for some, if you don't embrace the agenda of an activist gay group, you are a bigot.


    Go figure.
    Show me where they are anything other than typical republicans, outside of being gay. Here. let me help you: About GOProud

    GOProud represents gay conservatives and their allies. GOProud is committed to a traditional conservative agenda that emphasizes limited government, individual liberty, free markets and a confident foreign policy. GOProud promotes our traditional conservative agenda by influencing politics and policy at the federal level.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Show me where they are anything other than typical republicans, outside of being gay. Here. let me help you: About GOProud
    I see you're still incapable of reading or debating honestly.

    The push Fiscally Conservative Principles, Strong D, I didn't say they did not. But there are moral beliefs that some Conservatives hold dear. These Moral Values don't jive with GOPROUDS actions or statements.

    Is it bigotry to stand up for those things one believes in when faced with the choice of working with (in the case of CPAC) a group that wishes to stop such defense of certain moral principles?

    That's the issue.

    While I'm not defending or condemning anyone here, I'm trying to be honest about the issue. Unlike you, dan and others. All this thread has been is "If you don't support GOPROUD YOU'RE A BIGOT HATER AND NOT CONSERVATIVE!!!"

    It's really quite dishonest. GOPROUD isn't a BAD group, but some of what they believe in, notice they ignore social issues on their mission statement? there is a reason for that Redress. And the crux of the issue. It's not about Bigotry, it's about a difference in opinion on where the GOP and the Conservative movement needs to move. Embrace folks that share many of the same views, but on some hold 180 degree different views? Or to protest that and move in a different direction?


    Liberals like yourself, moral/social liberals like Dan and others trying to cast this as a bunch of bigots hating says more about your motives then it does anything else.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #85
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    So what are you talking about? You make these claims, and yet I can see nothing where they differ from typical republicans other than on gay issues. Is that all the difference? Make your point and be specific instead of these undocumented vague accusations. I am not a republican, I don't have a dog in this fight.

    By the way, please feel free to point out where I have been dishonest in this thread. You claimed it, now back it up.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #86
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Funny thing is this thread started implying that this 'bigotry' towards gays was sort of a republican issue. Just out of curiosity...how many blacks and hispanics voted against gay marriage in California? What would you like to bet that the majority were democrat? People are people, The majority of people still believe homosexuality as a lifestyle is wrong and the majority still oppose changing the laws. Democrats AND republicans.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So what are you talking about? You make these claims, and yet I can see nothing where they differ from typical republicans other than on gay issues. Is that all the difference? Make your point and be specific instead of these undocumented vague accusations. I am not a republican, I don't have a dog in this fight.

    By the way, please feel free to point out where I have been dishonest in this thread. You claimed it, now back it up.

    Just above. I discussed the GOPROUD social stances as being the reason for the disagreement between some segments of the CPAC members. Yet you completely ignored that and focused on their other stances, which are fairly in-line with conservative norms. The implication you tried to pass off was GOPROUD is just like every other Conservative Group but happens to be Gay so there is no reason NOT to accept them... except hate.


    You're transparent Redress. If you want to continue this fallacy that GOP Proud is nothing more then "just a Conservative group that happens to be gay" by all means, be my guest.

    The fact is, they also have a different social agenda then other Conservative groups. And those two moral/social POV's don't jive. It has little to do with hate and everything to do with where the disparate groups feel the Conservative Movement should go.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #88
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Funny thing is this thread started implying that this 'bigotry' towards gays was sort of a republican issue. Just out of curiosity...how many blacks and hispanics voted against gay marriage in California? What would you like to bet that the majority were democrat? People are people, The majority of people still believe homosexuality as a lifestyle is wrong and the majority still oppose changing the laws. Democrats AND republicans.
    Polling suggests that it is not a majority who think homosexuality as a lifestyle is wrong. In many cases, polling shows the opposite in fact. Here is a ton of polling data: Civil Rights

    By the way, why is it referred to as "homosexual lifestyle"? Do straits have a "heterosexual lifestyle"? Are there any differences besides who they sleep with?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #89
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Polling suggests that it is not a majority who think homosexuality as a lifestyle is wrong. In many cases, polling shows the opposite in fact. Here is a ton of polling data: Civil Rights

    By the way, why is it referred to as "homosexual lifestyle"? Do straits have a "heterosexual lifestyle"? Are there any differences besides who they sleep with?
    How many elections where it has been put to a vote of the people have resulted in a majority voting FOR gay marriage?

    Call it whatever the **** you want. I prefer not to play stupid word games with you.

  10. #90
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Just above. I discussed the GOPROUD social stances as being the reason for the disagreement between some segments of the CPAC members. Yet you completely ignored that and focused on their other stances, which are fairly in-line with conservative norms. The implication you tried to pass off was GOPROUD is just like every other Conservative Group but happens to be Gay so there is no reason NOT to accept them... except hate.
    I copied and pasted their full statement. I linked to the "about us" page from their website. I have not focused on anything, but presented what was available. I made no implication, period.

    You're transparent Redress. If you want to continue this fallacy that GOP Proud is nothing more then "just a Conservative group that happens to be gay" by all means, be my guest.
    I asked. You have yet to show how they are anything but a conservative group that happens to be gay. You have yet to point to a single issue they differ from republicans on, other than gay issues.

    The fact is, they also have a different social agenda then other Conservative groups. And those two moral/social POV's don't jive. It has little to do with hate and everything to do with where the disparate groups feel the Conservative Movement should go.
    Different how? Is it just gay issues, or is it something else? You keep saying this, but when questioned, instead of expanding on it, you just repeat it. Back up your statements with little things like facts. So far you have not offered any facts, just evasions and namecalling.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •