Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 181

Thread: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

  1. #61
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Interesting that you identify as Libertarian but refers to the GOP as "us".
    I thought I identified myself as a real conservative.

  2. #62
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    I strongly doubt it, remember there are also the issues of war which majority of right love more than liberals love taxing the rich.
    Many were fooled by Obama and the democrats claim to be anti-war. As we have all seen, the current foreign policy is a continuation of Bush's, so the anti-war faction isn't going to be so excited this go round.

  3. #63
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Where are you even getting the notion that homosexuals have a right to have officially recognized marriages? There's not even any proof that homosexuality is genetic, and therefore sodomites have no more 'right' to marriage than incest.

    According to the American Psychological Association, "There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."
    And according to the Gay Report by gay researchers Karla Jay and Allen Young, roughly 20% of homosexual men and 17% of lesbians are in sexual relationships with members of the opposite sex. Also, 13% of gay men and 18% of lesbians have biological children from having straight sex, which deals a huge blow to the claim that homosexuals can't do it with the opposite sex.

    Now, I know this is a big request, but try to refute me using some actual facts, not feelings or "someone told me". Perhaps you could quote some source worthy of a school paper?
    Whats the point?

    You clearly believe by some misguided sense of morality that you're superior to a homosexual because why? The bible told you so? A study from 1970 told you so? You DESERVE to get married because you like pussy? And gays shouldn't because they don't. Real nice.

    Gay people have every right to get married like the rest of us, and why? Because if we believe in the freedom of the individual, and 2 consenting adults should be able to do what they want with their bodies, then they have the right to be recognized as a legitimate couple by a neutral and secular government.

    You bring in the strawman of bestiality. Which is absolute bull, an animal cannot consent, therefore they cannot be recognized as a couple.

    You sir, are a bigot. Sorry but YOU are. Point me for all I care, if it quacks like a duck... Your reasoning is flawed, and your opinion is sickening. Gays are people just like the rest of us, we're all ****ed up, they're no more messed up then the rest of us. To believe somehow because we're straight, we're normal, or superior is delusional at best.

    Equality and freedom of the individual.

    That's whats up.

    That IS the word, I stick to it.

    Jetboogieman.

  4. #64
    User Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    04-13-12 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    140

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Whats the point?

    You clearly believe by some misguided sense of morality that you're superior to a homosexual because why? The bible told you so? A study from 1970 told you so? You DESERVE to get married because you like pussy? And gays shouldn't because they don't. Real nice.

    Gay people have every right to get married like the rest of us, and why? Because if we believe in the freedom of the individual, and 2 consenting adults should be able to do what they want with their bodies, then they have the right to be recognized as a legitimate couple by a neutral and secular government.

    You bring in the strawman of bestiality. Which is absolute bull, an animal cannot consent, therefore they cannot be recognized as a couple.

    You sir, are a bigot. Sorry but YOU are. Point me for all I care, if it quacks like a duck... Your reasoning is flawed, and your opinion is sickening. Gays are people just like the rest of us, we're all ****ed up, they're no more messed up then the rest of us. To believe somehow because we're straight, we're normal, or superior is delusional at best.

    Equality and freedom of the individual.

    That's whats up.

    That IS the word, I stick to it.

    Jetboogieman.
    So... what? You're dodging my whole argument? Or are you admitting that there is no proof that homosexuality is genetic and not just a chosen lifestyle or perhaps result of emotional damage? I was accused of dodging questions and not presenting a good argument, so I delivered. You haven't rebutted my argument in the least. And, you can't call someone a bigot for thinking homosexuality is wrong if you can't even prove that it's not the result of emotional damage.

    BTW, here's my source for "an 70's paper." She's recognized as a pioneer in the field of gay and lesbian studies. Who are you?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Jay

    And, so the question is two consenting adults? So then you think incest should be recognized as perfectly normal and as marriage, right?

    And by the way...

    Yeah. I am much more normal than homosexuals, since I am a male that's sexually attracted to females as opposed to other males. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
    Last edited by Vincent; 12-30-10 at 10:41 PM.

  5. #65
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,783

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I'm curious, what exactly are you smoking/inhaling? Or perhaps you were just never taught how to write and think properly?
    translation: you cant defend your stance


    its cool though, i knew that ahead of time because there is no defense for it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #66
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    So... what? You're dodging my whole argument? Or are you admitting that there is no proof that homosexuality is genetic and not just a chosen lifestyle or perhaps result of emotional damage? I was accused of dodging questions and not presenting a good argument, so I delivered. You haven't rebutted my argument in the least. And, you can't call someone a bigot for thinking homosexuality is wrong if you can't even prove that it's not the result of emotional damage. And, so the question is two consenting adults? So then you think incest should be recognized as perfectly normal and as marriage, right?

    And by the way...

    Yeah. I am much more normal than homosexuals, since I am a male that's sexually attracted to females as opposed to other males. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
    Is your heterosexuality a chosen lifestyle? You realize they are both part of the same thing, orientation, which no one knows for sure how it forms. By the way, just because something is not genetic does not make it a choice.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #67
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,783

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You haven't really said anything this whole thread, except how, by granting people equal rights, you will lose rights. Which is so ****ing absurd it's not even remotely imaginable.
    thats true and all he did is SAY it, he hasnt proven it at all
    but we both know there is no proof because it isnt true
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #68
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I'm curious, what exactly are you smoking/inhaling? Or perhaps you were just never taught how to write and think properly?
    Moderator's Warning:
    Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among ConservativesPosts like this can and will result in thread bans and infractions. There will be no further warnings.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #69
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    thats true and all he did is SAY it, he hasnt proven it at all
    but we both know there is no proof because it isnt true

    He's a lost cause. Reasoning with him is impossible.

  10. #70
    User Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    04-13-12 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    140

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Is your heterosexuality a chosen lifestyle? You realize they are both part of the same thing, orientation, which no one knows for sure how it forms. By the way, just because something is not genetic does not make it a choice.
    Nope, I don't think so. The reactions and hormonal shift I feel while looking at attractive woman has always seemed natural and instinctive. And considering that there's billions of people and everyone agrees that the human race has been around for quite a while, I'd say I'm part of a vast majority.

    Also, I'm sure homosexuality is a result of something, but I doubt very much it's a result of genetics. And if it's not a result of genetics, then homosexuals are not born that way, and they cannot be appropriately compared to race or ethnicity. And therefore, while one can be called narrow-minded or a religious snob or hateful if one loathes homosexuals, it's not accurate to call me a bigot and compare me to a racist, since homosexuality is not a genetic trait like race. That is really my peeve about this whole argument, to be honest.

    It's like saying, "Oh, you loathe muslims? You bigot!" That is a false argument because islam is not a race, it's a religion, a chosen ideaology. People are born Jewish or Sunni or Romanian, they aren't born muslim. Or if you say now that Christians like me are hateful horrible people you loathe. I can say you hate Christians, but if I say you're a bigot, it's just idiotic, in my opinion.

    Please see Wesbters dictionary.

    Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Now I know what someone is going to say, that in today's usage it also extends to religious beliefs or homosexuality, but if you go by that definition, then I can also call you a bigot if you hate Nazis. So let's not go there, and let is remain with the true definition of the word.

    Bigotry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •