Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 181

Thread: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    You got it backwards; the social conservatives are helpful to the liberal coalition by effectively preventing the conservative coalition from uniting.
    Your attitude does not advance the rights of lgbt people. Rather, you drive conservative supporters away.

    I look at your post and wonder if I have been a fool for supporting lgbt rights. The conseqeunce of gloating posts like yours is that you force me to make a choice between supporting lgbt people and being a political fool, or casting lgbt rights adrift and cutting lgbt people loose so that I do not play into your hands.

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Okay. I'll explain.

    If sodomite "marriage" becomes a legalized thing, then Christians lose. Because a wrong lifestyle that was formerly kept private and out of public eye for the most part will become something that everyone is expected to approve of. It isn't simply, "If you think homosexuality is wrong, heh, stay away from homosexuals." It becomes, "You think homosexuality is wrong? You need sensitivity training. You need to be expelled from your school, or fired from your job. People need to publicly disown you."
    It will move to destroy my freedom of religion, the religion that a huge amount of this country has had since it's beginning. When homosexuals trash a church then, or threaten terrorism, it's no longer criminal acts, it's a persecuted minority striking back at horrible people. When parents become upset that their ten year olds are being taught at school that they might be gay, and that homosexuality is good and normal, they become the bad guys or religious bigots.

    Real Christianity that actually believes in the Bible is incompatible with the homosexual agenda. Only one can have the 'rights'.
    so again you lose NOTHING in REALITY thanks I get it now, just dramatic mega drama and BS, if you dont like it move to a different country but in this country we have FREEDOMS

    hey I dont think two unattractive people should kiss in public but they can I cant believe that is FORCED on me

    hey theres people out there that think interracial marriage is wrong but its legal, man thats really forced on them too!

    lol you cant be serious but I knew you couldnt explain it to me instead you just offered fantasy land stories LOL

    "gays destroying churches and it will be ok" LMAO oh brother talk about dishonesty

    the reality is Christianity is "mostly" largely hypocritical and im fine with that, its just when you try to force your hypocritical ways on me that I laugh at you and it gets you in trouble because that is NOT tolerance LMAO


    you will still be able to:

    THINK its wrong, gross or offensive etc
    TEACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    PREACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    BELIEVE its wrong gross or offensive etc
    FEEL its wrong gross or offensive etc
    etc

    you lose NOTHING in REALITY only in your fantasy land lol
    you will BOTH have rights the way it should be instead of discriminating

    by the way ill use your brilliant logic against you, I could easily say and argue "Real Christianity that actually believes in the Bible is incompatible with the CONSTITUTION" lmao so now what?

    oooops
    Last edited by AGENT J; 12-30-10 at 06:20 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    this conference was overrun with Ron Paul style republicans, hence the booing of the homophobic speaker.

  4. #44
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Bigots are no longer welcome in the Republican Party.
    that is a rather funny way of wording it.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    this conference was overrun with Ron Paul style republicans, hence the booing of the homophobic speaker.
    this post makes me really look forward to the bloodletting at the 2012 GOP convention.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #46
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    this post makes me really look forward to the bloodletting at the 2012 GOP convention.
    I wouldn't get too excited. Obama, Pelosi, and co are doing wonders to allow us to put our differences aside this time around.

  7. #47
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited. Obama, Pelosi, and co are doing wonders to allow us to put our differences aside this time around.
    I strongly doubt it, remember there are also the issues of war which majority of right love more than liberals love taxing the rich.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited. Obama, Pelosi, and co are doing wonders to allow us to put our differences aside this time around.
    Interesting that you identify as Libertarian but refers to the GOP as "us".
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #49
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    WOW! This guy from GOProud was great.
    Ed Shultz sub was a complete ass.
    This is how liberals on MSNBC treat people who dare to be conservative who normally would vote Dem.
    They just don't get how blacks or gays could be conservative, so they get all pissy.



    Conservatives boycott gay counterparts - Bing Videos
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #50
    User Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    04-13-12 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    140

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    so again you lose NOTHING in REALITY thanks I get it now, just dramatic mega drama and BS, if you dont like it move to a different country but in this country we have FREEDOMS

    hey I dont think two unattractive people should kiss in public but they can I cant believe that is FORCED on me

    hey theres people out there that think interracial marriage is wrong but its legal, man thats really forced on them too!

    lol you cant be serious but I knew you couldnt explain it to me instead you just offered fantasy land stories LOL

    "gays destroying churches and it will be ok" LMAO oh brother talk about dishonesty

    the reality is Christianity is "mostly" largely hypocritical and im fine with that, its just when you try to force your hypocritical ways on me that I laugh at you and it gets you in trouble because that is NOT tolerance LMAO


    you will still be able to:

    THINK its wrong, gross or offensive etc
    TEACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    PREACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    BELIEVE its wrong gross or offensive etc
    FEEL its wrong gross or offensive etc
    etc

    you lose NOTHING in REALITY only in your fantasy land lol
    you will BOTH have rights the way it should be instead of discriminating

    by the way ill use your brilliant logic against you, I could easily say and argue "Real Christianity that actually believes in the Bible is incompatible with the CONSTITUTION" lmao so now what?

    oooops
    I'm curious, what exactly are you smoking/inhaling? Or perhaps you were just never taught how to write and think properly?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •