Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 181

Thread: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

  1. #121
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    the doj disagrees
    they have a right to but there are none, they have all been debunked

    the DOJ probably thought there was good reasons not to treat women and minorities equal at one time too so?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    the DOJ probably thought there was good reasons not to treat women and minorities equal at one time too so?
    not obama's doj

    And yet — sorry, the contradictions keep coming — once Obama was elected, and once a gay couple in California had sued to overturn DOMA, his Administration not only defended the law, but defended it in a legal argument so reactionary that it would embarrass Dick Cheney (who, incidentally, is to the left of Obama on marriage). In that argument — here's a PDF courtesy of Georgetown professor Nan Hunter — Obama's lawyers noted that "courts have widely held that certain marriages performed elsewhere need not be given effect, because they conflicted with ... public policy." The examples the Justice Department offered: "marriage of uncle to niece," "marriage of 16-year-old," "marriage of first cousins."
    Why Does Obama Keep Flip-Flopping on Gay Marriage? - TIME

    sorry

  3. #123
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    not obama's doj
    again your point?
    whats that have to do with the point "I" made and "MY" stance
    thats right, still nothing
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #124
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    What's teh code for SPIN again?



    Then why didn't you say that?
    Because I did not know. You said they where not in line with the mainstream of republicans on social issues, but did not specify what issues. I asked for clarification because, looking at their website(I had not been before, so went out of curiosity and what I saw looked, to me, like mainstream republicans, except gay.


    I didn't call you dishonest. I said you were BEING dishonest. That's not name calling, if it were, you'd have put on the mod hat and infracted me. But you know I did not step over that line, you're just trying to make it SEEM like I did. Nice try though.
    Um...

    Post #71, you even quote the dictionary....
    You might want to read what I was responding to.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #125
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Just a side note, while I agree the polls are very telling to people waking up and becoming real americans which is great it doesnt matter much. Even if the polls were all against gays and gay marriage when it comes to civil rights and discrimination history has proved it doesnt matter.

    90% of the country could be against it and if a supreme judge rules its discrimination thats that, whats fair wins.
    I don't argue this point, but it is getting off topic. I linked the polls to show attitudes about gays in general, not gay marriage or whether it should be allowed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    is something else on your mind?
    not on my mind, only on huffpo's, halperin's, mike cloud's, lambda's, nyt's, holder's, tony west's...

    you see, they're not like me and you

    they're important

    read the links if you want to know what's going on

    Paul Hogarth: Obama's DOMA Defense Unacceptable

  7. #127
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I think it is most interesting that those that are more, to left around here are the most supportive of GOP Proud.
    Where is this support? I don't support them any more than I support the rest of the GOP.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #128
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I don't argue this point, but it is getting off topic. I linked the polls to show attitudes about gays in general, not gay marriage or whether it should be allowed.
    oh I know you werent I was just giving a side note since others seemed to think what they were saying mattered
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #129
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Moderator's Warning:
    Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among ConservativesHey folks, let's try and stay ontopic here(me included). The topic is GoPride and republicans.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #130
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    not on my mind, only on huffpo's, halperin's, mike cloud's, lambda's, nyt's, holder's, tony west's...

    you see, they're not like me and you

    they're important

    read the links if you want to know what's going on

    Paul Hogarth: Obama's DOMA Defense Unacceptable
    what on gods green earth are you talking about LMAO
    do you often post random things and qoute people (me) and bring things up that have nothing to do with their (mine) stances and points?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •