Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 181

Thread: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

  1. #91
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    How many elections where it has been put to a vote of the people have resulted in a majority voting FOR gay marriage?

    Call it whatever the **** you want. I prefer not to play stupid word games with you.
    The only Poll that matters is at the ballot box. Oregon, Cali and other left leaning states have rejected Gay Marriage. It's part of the "Big Lie" tactic to push "American's really DON'T have a problem with gay marriage see this poll..."

    The problem isn't "who you sleep with. I could give a rats rear less what you do in private. It's the GAY LIFESTYLE, the in your face public displays of the sexual side of being Gay that causes people the biggest problem. What's that street fair in San Fran that every year gets more and more... obscene? Stuff like that causes the public to get the heebie jeebies over the Gay Lifestyle.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #92
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    How many elections where it has been put to a vote of the people have resulted in a majority voting FOR gay marriage?

    Call it whatever the **** you want. I prefer not to play stupid word games with you.
    You are moving the goalposts. "the majority of people still believe homosexuality as a lifestyle is wrong" is not the same thing as "gay marriage is wrong". I responded to the first, not the second, since that was what you wrote.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #93
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are moving the goalposts. "the majority of people still believe homosexuality as a lifestyle is wrong" is not the same thing as "gay marriage is wrong". I responded to the first, not the second, since that was what you wrote.
    And you know perfectly well that polls can be made to say anything you want them to say. Do you know how they game polls? They call people at home during the day. They poll people at the mall after three but before 6. They conduct polls aroundcollege campuses. They target working folks by polling between 6-8 pm. They ask slanted questions (ever seen any of the polls on THIS site?) or provide answers that are guaranteed to bring about certain responses. People that cite polls do it because it fits their causes. Back to the second since you dont like the first. How many times have Americans voted against gay marriage?

  4. #94
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The only Poll that matters is at the ballot box. Oregon, Cali and other left leaning states have rejected Gay Marriage. It's part of the "Big Lie" tactic to push "American's really DON'T have a problem with gay marriage see this poll..."

    The problem isn't "who you sleep with. I could give a rats rear less what you do in private. It's the GAY LIFESTYLE, the in your face public displays of the sexual side of being Gay that causes people the biggest problem. What's that street fair in San Fran that every year gets more and more... obscene? Stuff like that causes the public to get the heebie jeebies over the Gay Lifestyle.
    Voters are typically older, and the younger people are the less likely a person will have a problem with LGBT people. Once my generation starts voting, that is when SSM will be successful in the ballot box, but hopefully by that time, it will already be in place.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #95
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I copied and pasted their full statement. I linked to the "about us" page from their website. I have not focused on anything, but presented what was available. I made no implication, period.

    Show me where they are anything other than typical republicans, outside of being gay. Here. let me help you: About GOProud
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I asked. You have yet to show how they are anything but a conservative group that happens to be gay. You have yet to point to a single issue they differ from republicans on, other than gay issues.
    Social and Moral Norms. Of course it's going to be about homosexuality... it's a gay activist group. What a silly statement, and further attempts, by you to make this into an issue of "bigotry".


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Different how? Is it just gay issues, or is it something else? You keep saying this, but when questioned, instead of expanding on it, you just repeat it. Back up your statements with little things like facts. So far you have not offered any facts, just evasions and namecalling.
    Name calling? Where???

    You label yourself "Very Liberal". I said you were being dishonest. And here you are, trying to shut me down by making false claims of actions I have not committed. If I am name calling utilize the report function.



    I am repeating because you are dodging. The issue is on where the Conservative Movement should focus. Just fiscal/government issues, or also include social and moral views that are inline with traditional family values?


    Which is where this discussion SHOULD be! Not on "hate and bigotry". That's dishonestly altering the debate to demonize those that do not share your social/moral POV. Again where the dishonesty comes in at.

    Should the GOP, and by proxy the Conservative Movement alter or change it's stance on important social and moral issues? CPAC, by allowing an activist gay group like GOP PROUD in, is signaling a shift away from moral and social stances that have traditionally defined the Conservative Movement. The groups protesting by boycotting CPAC do not want to make that shift. Is it hate and bigotry or is it a different emphasis on where the movement should go?

    ARE THERE bigots coming unglued. Sure. I'm not naive, but they are a minority.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    why does obama oppose gay marriage?

    Obama Still Opposes Same-Sex Marriage - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

    why did his doj in circuit compare same sex unions to incest and having relations with a 16 year old?

    White House Defends Anti-Gay Marriage Brief Amid Furor

  7. #97
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And you know perfectly well that polls can be made to say anything you want them to say. Do you know how they game polls? They call people at home during the day. They poll people at the mall after three but before 6. They conduct polls aroundcollege campuses. They target working folks by polling between 6-8 pm. They ask slanted questions (ever seen any of the polls on THIS site?) or provide answers that are guaranteed to bring about certain responses. People that cite polls do it because it fits their causes. Back to the second since you dont like the first. How many times have Americans voted against gay marriage?
    You might have noticed that the link I provided had results from hundreds of polls. There is both a clear trend in those polls, and they do not agree with your comment I referred to. Now are you suggesting that all those polls where manipulated?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #98
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    I asked a question MrV. I showed you their website and asked where other than gay issues they where anything but normal republicans. That is not making any implications, that is asking a rather simple question.


    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Social and Moral Norms. Of course it's going to be about homosexuality... it's a gay activist group. What a silly statement, and further attempts, by you to make this into an issue of "bigotry".
    Then why didn't you say that?



    Name calling? Where???

    You label yourself "Very Liberal". I said you were being dishonest. And here you are, trying to shut me down by making false claims of actions I have not committed. If I am name calling utilize the report function.
    Calling some one dishonest, no that is not namecalling...



    I am repeating because you are dodging. The issue is on where the Conservative Movement should focus. Just fiscal/government issues, or also include social and moral views that are inline with traditional family values?


    Which is where this discussion SHOULD be! Not on "hate and bigotry". That's dishonestly altering the debate to demonize those that do not share your social/moral POV. Again where the dishonesty comes in at.

    Should the GOP, and by proxy the Conservative Movement alter or change it's stance on important social and moral issues? CPAC, by allowing an activist gay group like GOP PROUD in, is signaling a shift away from moral and social stances that have traditionally defined the Conservative Movement. The groups protesting by boycotting CPAC do not want to make that shift. Is it hate and bigotry or is it a different emphasis on where the movement should go?

    ARE THERE bigots coming unglued. Sure. I'm not naive, but they are a minority.
    It's not my place to tell republicans what they should or should not do with their party. I also not calling any one a bigot. I asked a simple question.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #99
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    why does obama oppose gay marriage?

    Obama Still Opposes Same-Sex Marriage - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

    why did his doj in circuit compare same sex unions to incest and having relations with a 16 year old?

    White House Defends Anti-Gay Marriage Brief Amid Furor
    What does any of this have to do with the topic of the thread?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #100
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    You are kinda losing ground on that one...

    Baptist Press - MARRIAGE DIGEST: Obama signals his views on 'gay marriage' could change - News with a Christian Perspective

    why did his doj in circuit compare same sex unions to incest and having relations with a 16 year old?

    White House Defends Anti-Gay Marriage Brief Amid Furor
    Because it was lead by a Mormon, Republican from Utah.

    AMERICAblog News: Mormon Bush holdover filed anti-gay DOMA brief today

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •