Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

  1. #1
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    mad Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    The badge and a steroid-filled syringe -- it's not the typical image most have for the abuse of performance-enhancing drugs. But as more within law enforcement get nabbed in steroid investigations nationwide, observers say that usage levels among police officers could rival the seediest patches of the pro sports landscape.
    Its easy to be a tough guy when you cower behind the money of the state and now these thugs are juicing, I would be laughing if this wasnt so sad.

    Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    I think it's unfortunate how you allow your prejudices to taint your perceptions of an entire field of professionals.

  3. #3
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    It has been my experience that those who hate all cops, all teachers, all military, all whatever have generally suffered embarassment at the hands of a member of the group they hate, typically brought about by their own stupidity.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #4
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think it's unfortunate how you allow your prejudices to taint your perceptions of an entire field of professionals.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    It has been my experience that those who hate all cops, all teachers, all military, all whatever have generally suffered embarassment at the hands of a member of the group they hate, typically brought about by their own stupidity.
    Guess you cons dont have the thick skin like you claim to have. I guess Ill have to us the PC term of Private Sector failure. Oh and I dont hate the military, I have several memebers who served in Korea and Vietnam hey but nice try Oscar.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    Are you under the mistaken impression that I'm a conservative? Lulz. You're as bad as Navy Pride, my liberal friend.

  6. #6
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Guess you cons dont have the thick skin like you claim to have. I guess Ill have to us the PC term of Private Sector failure. Oh and I dont hate the military, I have several memebers who served in Korea and Vietnam hey but nice try Oscar.
    I guess I'll have to add "cons" to your list of hate groups. thanks for the reminder.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #7
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I guess I'll have to add "cons" to your list of hate groups. thanks for the reminder.
    Your quite welcome
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    in response to your article:

    The pace of investigations into steroid use in the police ranks has picked up in recent months:

    •A former police officer in Canby, Ore., who allegedly took delivery of some steroids while on duty pleaded guilty in February to purchasing steroids.
    •An officer in South Bend, Ind., pleaded no contest in March to selling steroids.
    •A Cleveland police officer was sentenced to a year in prison and five years of supervised release in April after he was found guilty of illegally purchasing steroids.
    •A dealer in Paw Paw, Mich., allegedly told authorities that he supplied "several police officers" with steroids, which led one Kalamazoo officer to resign in May.
    Four incidents does not a trend make. However, I have zero problems with regular drug-testing for police officers. The role is an important one, and we need to be sure that the people who are performing it are clearheaded and law-abiding.

  9. #9
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    in response to your article:



    Four incidents does not a trend make. However, I have zero problems with regular drug-testing for police officers. The role is an important one, and we need to be sure that the people who are performing it are clearheaded and law-abiding.
    which was my problem with the OP and the intent behind this thread. Just because a small minority of cops are douchebags doesn't make all cops douchebags.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Cops' Use of Illegal Steroids a 'Big Problem'

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    which was my problem with the OP and the intent behind this thread. Just because a small minority of cops are douchebags doesn't make all cops douchebags.
    I think that CD doesn't understand that there are hundreds of thousands of law-abiding, professional, hard-working cops in the U.S. Four incidents is not statistically significant.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •