View Poll Results: Should reading your wife's e-mail be a crime?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    5 25.00%
  • no

    13 65.00%
  • other

    2 10.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

  1. #21
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I find some satisfaction in the fact that my boyfriend is 10 years younger and a foot taller than my cheating ex, and he's the most wonderful man on earth. All's well that ends well. It sucked at the time, but these days, life is cake.
    LOL. My ex is living in self-inflicted misery with a heffer who can't stop spitting them out.
    While I oh so kindly reprieved him of his arrears - I know that no matter how much he works and earns it'll never be 'enough'
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #22
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I find some satisfaction in the fact that my boyfriend is 10 years younger and a foot taller than my cheating ex, and he's the most wonderful man on earth. All's well that ends well. It sucked at the time, but these days, life is cake.
    My son's soon to be ex-wife, who is a cheating whore, left him and moved home to daddy about 6 weeks ago. In that time, since he no longer has to finance her partying, manicures, haircuts, tanning salons, etc, he has managed to put nearly 2K into a savings account. She is still living at home with daddy because she can't afford to get a place of her own.


    Girl I dated in college dumped me for a guy she thought was "better". nearly 30 years later, she has been married and divorced twice and lives in a crappy single wide trailer. I have been married to the same lady for 26 years and have a 3K sq ft home with an in ground pool out back.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #23
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Can you steal something that you are legally entitled to (information about infidelity)?
    You aren't legally entitled to that information.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You aren't legally entitled to that information.
    Says who? I guess the courts will decide, won't they? However, I don't believe that a spouse has a legal right to privacy from their spouse, particularly on the subject of infidelity.

  5. #25
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Marriage does not give implied consent to access private email accounts any more than it gives implied consent to sex.
    While I'm not wild about one spouse sneaking into the other's e-mail account, I'm even less wild about situations which might require that kind of prying.

    The thing about marriage that makes comparing this to sex an apples-and-oranges thing is that this isn't necessarily about gratification or domination or hate -- it could easily about protecting one's own interests, or that of one's children.

    Marriage means all sorts of legal, financial and custodial entanglements. It is each spouse's responsibility to look out for the interests of their children and themselves, because nobody else is going to do it for them -- and sometimes that means hiring PIs, going through the trash, checking cell phones, reviewing browser history and looking at e-mail.

    Are these the sorts of activities that are necessary in a healthy marriage built on love and trust? No. Are these the sorts of activities that are necessary when things begin to break down? Absolutely.

    We as a nation have overemphasized criminalization. If anything, this guy should be subject to a civil action, not criminal prosecution. He didn't take out a credit card in his wife's name, he was looking for infidelity.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    My son's soon to be ex-wife, who is a cheating whore, left him and moved home to daddy about 6 weeks ago. In that time, since he no longer has to finance her partying, manicures, haircuts, tanning salons, etc, he has managed to put nearly 2K into a savings account. She is still living at home with daddy because she can't afford to get a place of her own.
    My brother's cheating ex-spouse is currently sleeping on a friend's couch in Chicago. He, on the other hand, is living in a gorgeous 3000 square foot house with his current wife, and seems quite happy.

    Sometimes, people DO get what they deserve.

  7. #27
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    My brother's cheating ex-spouse is currently sleeping on a friend's couch in Chicago. He, on the other hand, is living in a gorgeous 3000 square foot house with his current wife, and seems quite happy.

    Sometimes, people DO get what they deserve.

    I love it when karma kicks a dirtbag in the ass.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I love it when karma kicks a dirtbag in the ass.
    True. It's wonderful when you get to watch someone getting a comeuppance they've truly earned. Like when my cheating ex had to file for bankruptcy. It warmed the cockles of my soul.

  9. #29
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Have you ever watched 'Intervention'

    I use to. (lol) - on one episode a wife divorced her husband - she won the house, won the car, won a significant sum - and became a recluse drunk. . . her life is **** and she just drinks herself into a stooper every night.

    Money doesn't solve everything
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is reading your wife’s e-mail a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Marriage means all sorts of legal, financial and custodial entanglements. It is each spouse's responsibility to look out for the interests of their children and themselves, because nobody else is going to do it for them -- and sometimes that means hiring PIs, going through the trash, checking cell phones, reviewing browser history and looking at e-mail.

    Are these the sorts of activities that are necessary in a healthy marriage built on love and trust? No. Are these the sorts of activities that are necessary when things begin to break down? Absolutely.
    Nothing sucks worse than to be legally entangled with someone you cannot trust. In most states, you are totally and completely financially vulnerable, and a cheating spouse can **** your entire world to kingdom come. They can destroy your credit, put you into bankruptcy, take half your assets, open credit cards that you are liable to pay for, and basically, topple your entire world.

    I hate no-fault divorce laws.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •