Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

  1. #71
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    No. Not all of us. I've heard he's singled you out. Just you. He must have heard you'd like him assassinated. He's implementing the Bush doctrine on ya, you betcha.
    His Liberal irresponsiblity is beyond comprehention.
    Catch me if you can.

  2. #72
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    Um, actually, they're not, um, like, secret. Never were. Built in plain view for a reason. Missile silos are 10 miles away from the Launch Controls. When Salt II treaty decommissioned half of the missiles, they were destroyed on site and left out for the soviets to verify by satellite imagery back in the eighties.

    Duh.

    Tell ya what, Kid Rock boy: When you have actually served this country you claim to love oh so much, and have been blown up on her behalf, then talk to me. Until then, seriously, shut up when it comes to things you know nothing about.

    Kev316, HM2, 1st Battalion, 8th Marines, 2nd Marine Division. Beirut, 1983.

    Ok, well, show us the locations of all our nukes, sense it's such openly public information.

    Thank you for your service.

    "Kid Rock Boy",

    5/6 Infantry 87-89

    1/8 Cavalry 89-92--Desert Storm

    601st Ordinance Battalion Small Arms Repair Course June, July, August 92

    4/6 Infantry 92-95--reassigned in October of 94 to LRRP-D after completion of aitborne training at Fort Benning.

    1/30 Infantry 95-98

    1/26 Infantry 98-2001--Kosovo and Macedonia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #73
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Ohhh.. . one of those "I've served, you haven't so SHUT UP!!!" Sorry, in a free society, it doesn't work that way...

    Thanks for serving, but perhaps you should try to live by the ideals your service were meant to protect...
    Actually, it does work that way when a fool mocks someone who knows what he's talking about. In this case, missile silos not being secret. Did you bother to review the smart remark the prompted this reply? I was discussing with another member if there were any silos left. I thought no, he thought maybe. Then this out of the blue:

    "Uh, yeah, that's because it's like, secret? Uh, yeah..."

    So yes, in this case it does work that way, and thanks is not welcome from cons when it comes to my service. Never will be. You got a bunch of us killed for no good reason and did it again in Iraq. You guys are real tough as long as you aren't getting shot at or blown up at 6:00 am.

    Some of us actually have skin in the game.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  4. #74
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, well, show us the locations of all our nukes, sense it's such openly public information.

    Thank you for your service.

    "Kid Rock Boy",

    5/6 Infantry 87-89

    1/8 Cavalry 89-92--Desert Storm

    601st Ordinance Battalion Small Arms Repair Course June, July, August 92

    4/6 Infantry 92-95--reassigned in October of 94 to LRRP-D after completion of aitborne training at Fort Benning.

    1/30 Infantry 95-98

    1/26 Infantry 98-2001--Kosovo and Macedonia.
    Okay, I stand corrected. And thank you.

    Desert Storm was another con lie: See April Glaspie and Dick Cheney for more info. It's not like we were fighting anything but old men on that border, dude. The Republican Guard was in Baghdad. We simply buried them alive with bulldozers. Oh sure, we shot a few, but how much sport was there in killing old men and young boys?

    Kosovo: Excellent job, guys. I mean that.

    Iraq: Please.

    Afghanistan: Another mess cons left. Of course, capture Bin Laden at Tora Bora and no reason to invade Iraq. Cons should be kissing Obama's feet for not pursuing war crimes tribunals.
    Last edited by Kev316; 12-25-10 at 06:11 PM.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  5. #75
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Lol. Here are the silo locations: Missile Bases





    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  6. #76
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Or, we could have just kept developing Star Wars and inrecepted those missiles before they re-entered the atmosphere.
    Which actually has bigger problems. Really, you have to start to educate yourself before posting on anything. Your demonstrated ignorance is really disturbing. We basically abandoned interception in space because decoys work exceptionally well. There is no way to determine which of the targets is an actual missile and which is a mylar decoy balloon in space as they behave identical outside of the atmosphere. A single missile can release upwards of several hundred balloons. That will defeat anything short of a nuclear interceptor, which in itself is self defeating as the denontation scrambles all radar making it impossible to detect secondary launches or anything that survived the interceptor. That's pretty much why the US and USSR abandoned nuclear interceptors. There's no way to tell if a second salvo is coming.

    Because a nuke in shipping container will only kill a buncha people, in a coastal city, leaving all our nuke intact for retaliation.
    Who said anything about using it within the container? That's merely the way to get in into the country. And considering the weakness in US port security, that's one of the reason why I believe in God. There is no logical reason why the US should not have been hit by a nuclear smuggled nuke by now.

    Only a complete dumbass would launch a nuke strike, without mingling in some point strikes to neutralize retaliatory systems. Oh, wait, I'm sorry 'bout that.
    Only a complete dumbass would actually resort to a nuclear strike with a missile against an enemy who is capable of wiping them out with 2nd strike capabilities. The actual people who would nuke is won't use a missile. They'd just a donkey.

    Care to show it to us?
    Google

    Apdst Fails Once Again.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #77
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    His Liberal irresponsiblity is beyond comprehention.
    Care to respond to this post?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059179288

    Or just going to keep going with the partisan hack line?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Don't know how I missed this thread. After reading this I get the feeling this guy is a retired fogey hawk. The piece is littered with inflammatory glitz and assumption and underlines a consistent support for military encroachment on the Russian sphere of influence. And people wonder why 3rd world leaders bitch about Empires. He also floats away into minor tactical episodes that make me wonder whether he's even attempting to relate it.

    Then there is Russia’s threat to nuke Poland in response to Poland’s agreement to host American missile interceptors. Of course, they only agreed to host them in order to get their hands on some Patriot missile batteries all the better to shoot down Russian missiles and jets. Only Russia can get pissed off over military equipment that is useful only on the defender’s territory.
    *Ignorant of the reciprocity in deterrence theory substituted instead for vocabulary of 'defense'

    As recently as July, the newspaper Izvestia floated the idea that Moscow would station nuclear weapons in Cuba if the U.S. went ahead with the deployment of an antiballistic missile radar in the Czech Republic and interceptors in Poland.
    *How dare other nations respond to our nuclear escalations!


    The Administration’s cancellation of the anti-missile system that was going to be deployed in Poland and the now-confirmed lie that the Administration swore that the cancellation had nothing to do with Russia’s objection to the system puts doubt in my mind that the US has the will needed to put the Russians in check
    *Yeah, nice one McCarthur, putting them in 'check' isn't going to invite any negative feelings for you to have to put in 'check' in turn.

    We certainly should have the motivation to try and limit the threat that is Russia. One way to do that is of course to have them account for their past nuclear sins.
    I could go on. This would get a B- as a paper in an undergrad class.

    *Last I remembered only one state has used nuclear weapons and it was on civilians. Sweet move.

    Sit down and shutup, Admiral, theres a reason for civilian control of the US military. The US has had whatever one could call nuclear 'primacy' since the 70's and can vaporise Russia any day. Like were actually losing anything except the right to approach nuclear genocide at a quicker pace than we could've before.

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    Okay, I stand corrected. And thank you.

    Desert Storm was another con lie: See April Glaspie and Dick Cheney for more info. It's not like we were fighting anything but old men on that border, dude. The Republican Guard was in Baghdad. We simply buried them alive with bulldozers. Oh sure, we shot a few, but how much sport was there in killing old men and young boys?

    Kosovo: Excellent job, guys. I mean that.

    Iraq: Please.

    Afghanistan: Another mess cons left. Of course, capture Bin Laden at Tora Bora and no reason to invade Iraq. Cons should be kissing Obama's feet for not pursuing war crimes tribunals.
    Trufer alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    Lol. Here are the silo locations: Missile Bases





    Those are deactivated silos. I was talking about actual silos that are in service at this time. Wanna show us those locations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •