Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 140

Thread: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

  1. #71
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,793

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Anyone remember this?


    Do you agree w/ Pres historian Michael Beschloss that Obama is the "most intelligent" President in history ? ?
    Historian Michael Beschloss was on Don Imus’ radio show this AM. He repeatedly referred to Obama's IQ level and his intelligence, and on at least two occasions declared that Obama was “the most intelligent president in the history of the US, and that his IQ is off the charts.”

    Imus asked him what his IQ was.
    Beschloss: “I actually don’t know, but it’s probably really high, don’t you think?”

    Do you agree w/ Pres historian Michael Beschloss that Obama is the "most intelligent" President in history ? ? - Yahoo! Answers


    Yeah that was Cyber slurpage at its worst. Bush I, Clinton and Nixon are generally regarded as the brightest presidents in the last century. Bush was phi beta kappa at Yale and summa Cum laude, Clinton had top grades at Gtown and got a Rhodes (Bush I was not eligible because he was married before he graduated Yale (in three years) and Nixon was one of the top students in his class at Duke Law and whittier. Obama didn't even graduate Cum Laude from Columbia so its hard to justify the claims of his brilliance when the three I mentioned were all top of t heir classes.



  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yeah that was Cyber slurpage at its worst. Bush I, Clinton and Nixon are generally regarded as the brightest presidents in the last century. Bush was phi beta kappa at Yale and summa Cum laude, Clinton had top grades at Gtown and got a Rhodes (Bush I was not eligible because he was married before he graduated Yale (in three years) and Nixon was one of the top students in his class at Duke Law and whittier. Obama didn't even graduate Cum Laude from Columbia so its hard to justify the claims of his brilliance when the three I mentioned were all top of t heir classes.
    which is of course the only criteria worth mentioning.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #73
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,793

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    which is of course the only criteria worth mentioning.
    sort of hard to claim a guy is the most brilliant ever when he was mediocre in a well regarded measure of intellect. But dems called Bush a moron because of the way he spoke ignoring the fact that people who knew him well -such as Clinton white house counsel-Lanny Davis noted that in some important areas-such as understanding people and knowing what motivated them-Bush is a genius.



  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sort of hard to claim a guy is the most brilliant ever when he was mediocre in a well regarded measure of intellect. But dems called Bush a moron because of the way he spoke ignoring the fact that people who knew him well -such as Clinton white house counsel-Lanny Davis noted that in some important areas-such as understanding people and knowing what motivated them-Bush is a genius.
    Keep holding to that line of argument. Its a real winner.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #75
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,793

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Keep holding to that line of argument. Its a real winner.
    Let me know when there is a prize on this board to be won. I tend to believe it when a partisan lawyer for the Dems stated that Bush was really bright when he was facing another election. In court we call that an admission against interest. Its rather reliable.



  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Let me know when there is a prize on this board to be won. I tend to believe it when a partisan lawyer for the Dems stated that Bush was really bright when he was facing another election. In court we call that an admission against interest. Its rather reliable.
    Sure thing Judge. One guy with one opinion based on how somebody handled other people. Anything you say Judge.

    I can hear Bush now
    " ya see ... uhh ... I got this here ... uh .... cefter ... ceftirakit .... uh... I got this here piece of paper from a really smart place .... where ... uh ... lots of rich folks go ... and some of them ... think... at least they tell me so... that ... um .... what was I going to say now? ... oh yeah .... I am smart."
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-20-10 at 12:23 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #77
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,793

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Sure thing Judge. One guy with one opinion based on how somebody handled other people. Anything you say Judge.

    I can hear Bush now
    This is interesting--when I mentioned Sham wow didn't have great college grades you dismissed that measure of intelligence yet when I mentioned Bush was called bright by people who knew him (and had no reason to lie) you claim they were wrong based on how he spoke

    that's rather stupid on your part. and no one is claiming Bush was the brightest guy in the oval office but some obama slurper claimed Obama is.

    and do you have any citation to your "quote"

    of course not.

    One of the 4-5 brightest people I ever met in College ended up not only earning a grandmaster rating in chess, but he won the "brilliancy" prize twice. His IQ was off the charts. try talking to the guy and a dullard would conclude he wasn't smart. in reality he was so smart and thinking about so many things, he came off as incoherent.



  8. #78
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    This is interesting--when I mentioned Sham wow didn't have great college grades you dismissed that measure of intelligence yet when I mentioned Bush was called bright by people who knew him (and had no reason to lie) you claim they were wrong based on how he spoke

    that's rather stupid on your part. and no one is claiming Bush was the brightest guy in the oval office but some obama slurper claimed Obama is.

    and do you have any citation to your "quote"

    of course not.

    One of the 4-5 brightest people I ever met in College ended up not only earning a grandmaster rating in chess, but he won the "brilliancy" prize twice. His IQ was off the charts. try talking to the guy and a dullard would conclude he wasn't smart. in reality he was so smart and thinking about so many things, he came off as incoherent.
    I know someone like that. He works in "code" for a large telecommunications company...whatever that is. He's absolutely brilliant, but can hardly put two sentences together in a social situation. Walks around with a coffee table book in his arms to shield himself from the world. Interesting, if tortured, soul.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    This is interesting--when I mentioned Sham wow didn't have great college grades you dismissed that measure of intelligence yet when I mentioned Bush was called bright by people who knew him (and had no reason to lie) you claim they were wrong based on how he spoke

    that's rather stupid on your part. and no one is claiming Bush was the brightest guy in the oval office but some obama slurper claimed Obama is.

    and do you have any citation to your "quote"

    of course not.

    .
    Stuff just flies over your head like a flock of geese going south for the winter. You really do have no sense of humor.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #80
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,793

    Re: Supremes facing eligibility challenge to Obama, again

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Stuff just flies over your head like a flock of geese going south for the winter. You really do have no sense of humor.
    NOpe, your posts just aren't very funny or worthwhile. I have a great sense of humor.



Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •