Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
1. So the president who just a week ago was complaining about being a HOSTAGE suddenly declares VICTORY.In a display of compromise rarely seen during his time in office, President Obama has signed into law a $858 billion tax cut bill despite the misgivings of members of both parties.
2. As if TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH are all HIS.
3. Which, now they ARE.
4. As well as the Republican-written estate tax, the 2% payroll holiday on SOCIAL SECURITY.
5. The lay of the land---if you are not in accord with Clinton/Bush/Obama/McConnell/Boehner, you are by definition less than a fringe.
6. Ie, if you're not aboard you're a splinter.
7. And you don't appear to know it.
8. The f-laden tirade thrown this month by the progressives in Nancy's caucus, amounting to a mean mouthed MUTINY against the White House, was comprehensively PUT DOWN by the president, de facto leader of the tantrum throwers as well as influential elements of the professional MSM.
9. In other words, the far left today is weaker, less credible, actually harmful to Democracy, than any of us recall seeing.
10. They're just so commonly IMMATURE.
11. Did you know Pelosi DID NOT VOTE on the Clinton/Bush/Obama/McConnell/Boehner tax cut plan?
12. She did not even ATTEND the Rose Garden victory lap celebrated by the triumphant president, nee hostage.
13. He was dragged kicking and screaming to these cuts, when he announced them on December 6 smoke was streaming out of those large lobes.
The Nation: Obama Caves on Tax Cuts : NPR
White House Gives In On Bush Tax Cuts
14. Leno and Letterman lampooned the luckless leader, one having him kicking the briefing room door, the other portraying him tossing over his lecturn.
15. Oh well.
16. Barack Obama, by the way, is the first president in history to openly RAID social security, y'know, already up against tens of trillions in unfunded liabilities.
17. Are you sure he knows what he's doing?
18. Look at his lame duck, the aftermath of Tsunami Tuesday.
19. Grasping Pelosi kept her spot.
20. He CAVED on the cuts, the Weiners WENT OFF, then WHIMPERED.
21. The leadership LAID DOWN on the omnibus, ceding control of 2011 spending to the oddly orange dude who cries.
22. Michelle's food safety, bought at the cost of CUTS TO FOOD STAMPS (in times like these), appears bedridden.
23. By THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY ONE to only 48 lost and lonely libs, Pelosi's Place BANNED civilian trials for Gitmo's guys, as well as any transfer of the tangled terrorists to US territory.
24. DREAM died.
25. And START, the president's "top priority," which enjoys in REGULAR session widespread GOP support, appears perhaps subject to a DADT backlash.
26. Congrats! Mr President on the BUSH TAX CUTS!
27. That's a big WIN!
28. What's next, a TEA SUMMIT with GLENN BECK?
29. Meanwhile, still out there---Afghanistan, the cartels, the EU, Iran, Korea, Chinese trade, Obamacare (in Congress, in the courts, in the states), an Armageddon-like spending cuts war versus Lipton lovers...
30. Iowa's Hawkeye Cauci are in 13 months.
Obama declares 'substantial victory' | POLITICO 44
Obama signs tax-cut bill in White House ceremony - Glenn Thrush and Abby Phillip - POLITICO.com