Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 228

Thread: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Equal rights=equal opportunity, sorry
    It is not the same thing at all. The Constitution DOES NOT guaranty anyone equal opportunity. It is nowhere in there at all.

    As for your argument on the tax cuts, the law did not change over the last seven to nine years. They were what they were. Middle class people got a small cut and richer people got a much larger tax savings. Is this in dispute.

    Has Obama said otherwise?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #122
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It is not the same thing at all. The Constitution DOES NOT guaranty anyone equal opportunity. It is nowhere in there at all.

    As for your argument on the tax cuts, the law did not change over the last seven to nine years. They were what they were. Middle class people got a small cut and richer people got a much larger tax savings. Is this in dispute.

    Has Obama said otherwise?
    What part of the Bush tax cuts do you not understand?

    Need someone to exlain them to you?

    Bush Tax cuts

    Between 2001 and 2003, the Bush administration instituted a federal tax cut for all taxpayers. Among other changes, the lowest income tax rate was lowered from 15% to 10%, the 27% rate went to 25%, the 30% rate went to 28%, the 35% rate went to 33%, and the top marginal tax rate went from 39.6% to 35%.[3] In addition, the child tax credit went from $500 to $1000, and the "marriage penalty" was reduced. Since the cuts were implemented as part of the annual congressional budget resolution, which protected the bill from filibusters, numerous amendments, and more than 20 hours of debate, it had to include a sunset clause. Unless congress passes legislation making the tax cuts permanent, they will expire in 2011.

    Equal rights=Equal Opportunity.

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What part of the Bush tax cuts do you not understand?

    Need someone to exlain them to you?

    Bush Tax cuts

    Between 2001 and 2003, the Bush administration instituted a federal tax cut for all taxpayers. Among other changes, the lowest income tax rate was lowered from 15% to 10%, the 27% rate went to 25%, the 30% rate went to 28%, the 35% rate went to 33%, and the top marginal tax rate went from 39.6% to 35%.[3] In addition, the child tax credit went from $500 to $1000, and the "marriage penalty" was reduced. Since the cuts were implemented as part of the annual congressional budget resolution, which protected the bill from filibusters, numerous amendments, and more than 20 hours of debate, it had to include a sunset clause. Unless congress passes legislation making the tax cuts permanent, they will expire in 2011.

    Equal rights=Equal Opportunity.
    Why are you getting irate with me?

    I understand the law and I understand the tax situation.

    What is the problem?

    And I am trying to let you off and stop you from digging but you just will not stop will you.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #124
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the looters think they do us a service by existing and demanding we pay more taxes.
    Right, I think that is the general attitude. It's great that the cuts were extended but we just extended more pant****ting for another 13 months in regards to unemployment. Sorry to sound harsh to all who are making an effort out there, but the government nipple will never solve anything. Never has, and never will. Just leads to more corruption and pandering asshole politicians who can justify their existence with their B'**** programs. Let's cut more taxes and get this nation back to F'ing work...Maybe, just maybe the government could learn how to cut back for once, like we have to do everyday. O.k. continue, just needed to rant for a tad....
    Caitlyn Strong...

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Right, I think that is the general attitude. It's great that the cuts were extended but we just extended more pant****ting for another 13 months in regards to unemployment. Sorry to sound harsh to all who are making an effort out there, but the government nipple will never solve anything. Never has, and never will. Just leads to more corruption and pandering asshole politicians who can justify their existence with their B'**** programs. Let's cut more taxes and get this nation back to F'ing work...Maybe, just maybe the government could learn how to cut back for once, like we have to do everyday. O.k. continue, just needed to rant for a tad....
    I take it that you are not unemployed and getting benefits?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    You're talking about "survival of the fittest". Sorry...that works in the deepest, darkest jungles of Africa, not in civilized society.

    Try again...
    what I was saying-and you obviously did not understand-is that modern society is a bargain for the least able because those who win under most any circumstance are forced to support those who would croak in most situations



  7. #127
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It is not the same thing at all. The Constitution DOES NOT guaranty anyone equal opportunity. It is nowhere in there at all.

    As for your argument on the tax cuts, the law did not change over the last seven to nine years. They were what they were. Middle class people got a small cut and richer people got a much larger tax savings. Is this in dispute.

    Has Obama said otherwise?
    Middle class people don't pay much in terms of income tax, richer people pay alot in terms of income taxes. The top 10% pay something like 70% of the income tax. It only makes sense that when there are cuts to progressive taxes, the top payers are going to benefit the most

    Don't like that-join me in supporting a Fair Tax or a flat tax



  8. #128
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Middle class people don't pay much in terms of income tax, richer people pay alot in terms of income taxes. The top 10% pay something like 70% of the income tax. It only makes sense that when there are cuts to progressive taxes, the top payers are going to benefit the most

    Don't like that-join me in supporting a Fair Tax or a flat tax
    Liberal definition of fairness?

    The top 1% of wage earners make 20% of all income and pay 38% of all taxes.
    The top 5% of wage earners make 34.7% of all income and pay 58.7% of all taxes.

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Middle class people don't pay much in terms of income tax, richer people pay alot in terms of income taxes. The top 10% pay something like 70% of the income tax. It only makes sense that when there are cuts to progressive taxes, the top payers are going to benefit the most

    Don't like that-join me in supporting a Fair Tax or a flat tax
    So if I do not like having headaches the way out is suicide? Gee let me think about that?


    No thanks.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #130
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Liberal definition of fairness?

    The top 1% of wage earners make 20% of all income and pay 38% of all taxes.
    The top 5% of wage earners make 34.7% of all income and pay 58.7% of all taxes.
    They use that fairness crap even though under any objective definition the rich are treated unfairly-in order to advance their class warfare pandering to the untalented and unlucky in order to buy votes



Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •