Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 113

Thread: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

  1. #21
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course you wouldn't but the fact remains you cannot keep a plan that no longer exists and the Obama administration lied by never addressing that issue. I like the Obama Administration lie that passing the stimulus would keep unemployment capped at 8%? Or the lie that the stimulus plan saved or created millions of jobs when the reality is there is no evidence of that. Or the Obama lie that "I inherited a 1.3 trillion deficit from Bush. Deficits are yearly and fiscal year 2009 ended in Sept. 2009 so Obama had 9 months of that fiscal year and lied about what he inherited.

    I agree, Polifact is nothing more than a leftwing mouthpiece embraced by other leftwingers.
    Reality has a liberal bias.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Reality has a liberal bias.
    How about addressing the reality I posted? Those are much bigger lies than anything Polifact has considered.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How about addressing the reality I posted? Those are much bigger lies than anything Polifact has considered.
    I will when you do.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I will when you do.
    Reality does have a liberal bias when it comes to Polifact. Do you have a list of the lies considered?

  5. #25
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Reality does have a liberal bias when it comes to Polifact. Do you have a list of the lies considered?
    Feel free to show larger ones.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course you wouldn't but the fact remains you cannot keep a plan that no longer exists and the Obama administration lied by never addressing that issue. I like the Obama Administration lie that passing the stimulus would keep unemployment capped at 8%? Or the lie that the stimulus plan saved or created millions of jobs when the reality is there is no evidence of that. Or the Obama lie that "I inherited a 1.3 trillion deficit from Bush. Deficits are yearly and fiscal year 2009 ended in Sept. 2009 so Obama had 9 months of that fiscal year and lied about what he inherited.

    I agree, Polifact is nothing more than a leftwing mouthpiece embraced by other leftwingers.
    CBO says the stimulus created jobs. That's not evidence?
    You say Obama didn't actually inherit the 2009 deficit, but the deficit forecast for 2009 was 1.2 trillion before Obama even took office, according to the CBO. (the discrepancy between the 1.2 trillion from the CBO and 1.3 trillion Obama stated does come from that fiscal year division, so Obama was slightly off there)

    Look, regulation is not a takeover. The FAA is proposing a couple changes to the aviation industry: increasing experience requirements for airline first officers, and tighter restrictions on airline flight crew duty time limitations. (while paradoxically increasing allowable flight time in some instances...)

    This doesn't make United Airlines a government-owned operation.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Feel free to show larger ones.
    I gave you a couple as did a few other posters. I don't believe that Palin's is a lie because no one knows what is going to happen 4 years from now. If it isn't a govt. takeover why is the govt. fighting the lawsuits so vigorously?

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I gave you a couple as did a few other posters. I don't believe that Palin's is a lie because no one knows what is going to happen 4 years from now. If it isn't a govt. takeover why is the govt. fighting the lawsuits so vigorously?
    Horrifically bad logic. The FAA regulates the aviation industry heavily. Has the government taken over the airlines?
    Maybe the government is fighting the lawsuits because that's what a government does when its laws are challenged - go the courts and make their case while the other side does the same.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Deuce;1059165558]CBO says the stimulus created jobs. That's not evidence?
    Nope, because BLS is the keeper of unemployment and employment data, it is non partisan so tell me how employment can drop 4 million and there be job creation.

    BLS link, create own chart

    Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

    You say Obama didn't actually inherit the 2009 deficit, but the deficit forecast for 2009 was 1.2 trillion before Obama even took office, according to the CBO. (the discrepancy between the 1.2 trillion from the CBO and 1.3 trillion Obama stated does come from that fiscal year division, so Obama was slightly off there)
    Yes, there was a projection but it wasn't 1.2 trillion dollars and Obama had 350 billion of the TARP to spend, the 842 billion stimulus, and the GM/Chrysler takeover on his watch and his responsibility. Deficits are yearly, Oct. to Sept. Bush was in office from Oct. 1 to January 21 and couldn't have created that much of a deficit. Obama could have stopped spending anytime he wanted to.

    Look, regulation is not a takeover. The FAA is proposing a couple changes to the aviation industry: increasing experience requirements for airline first officers, and tighter restrictions on airline flight crew duty time limitations. (while paradoxically increasing allowable flight time in some instances...)
    No one knows what the healthcare bill is going to do but what we do know is that it was a lie that people who liked their plan and doctor could keep them when those doctors actually dropped coverage. How can an unknown be a lie?


    This doesn't make United Airlines a government-owned operation.

    What does that have to do with the healthcare debate. No one has to fly United. Tell those people who lost their doctors and plan because the healthcare bill caused them to drop patients?

  10. #30
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, they should ignroe the major lies because they are right wing? Wouldn't that be showing bias?
    Major lies? I don't consider them lies at all. maybe a little exageration.

    Here's my choice for lie of the year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoikNVzesGc

    anyone else have a favorite lie?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •