Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get bail

  1. #21
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true, and if one of them loses a family member it would be justice for one of them to make assface "go away"
    Agreed. This is one case where I could support Shariah law.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #22
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Agreed. This is one case where I could support Shariah law.
    nothing to do with that law

    its the most basic law, someone in my family dies I have the right to waste the perpetrator



  3. #23
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Last I knew Assaunge didn't post anyones personal info on his site. So how is asking the courts to not disclose his private residence hypocritical? Now if he has I would like to know about it. If he has then I will agree that he is being hypocritical. But as far as I know he hasn't.

    Personally even if he is being hypocritical I find that releasing such information is rather stupid and puts his life in danger considering how many people want him dead. Of course I'm sure that most that are against him could care less.


    splitting hairs are we?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Not true. He posted the names of Afghans that cooperated with NATO forces and gave them information. This put the Afghanis and their families in grave danger.
    Question 1: Did he give direct addresses of those people?

    Question 2: If no addresses was given then....Do you have any idea how many people are named "Muhammed" (or some spelling variation thereof) in Afghan? While I don't either I've noticed that name crop up more than any other when it comes to muslim names. Now while thier names may not have been "Muhammed" what is to say that thier names are not repeated as much as "Muhammed"? IE how many people have the same name? Or do you think that the terrorists will call out for a jihad against people of a particular name? They would probably have to end up killing some of their own if they did that though so....
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    splitting hairs are we?
    Another word for that would be "semantics". Something which I recall you using on me a long time ago in a gay marriage thread.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #26
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Question 1: Did he give direct addresses of those people?

    Question 2: If no addresses was given then....Do you have any idea how many people are named "Muhammed" (or some spelling variation thereof) in Afghan? While I don't either I've noticed that name crop up more than any other when it comes to muslim names. Now while thier names may not have been "Muhammed" what is to say that thier names are not repeated as much as "Muhammed"? IE how many people have the same name? Or do you think that the terrorists will call out for a jihad against people of a particular name? They would probably have to end up killing some of their own if they did that though so....
    Would you like your name published if you were them ??

    Since you seem to know so much about the leak, you tell us how many were named Muhammed. I'm assuming they have more than one name, so I would imagine it was narrowed down a bit.

    For instance, a Taliban fighter considering defection was named, his father was named, and the village he lived in was named. That's about as close to an address as you could get in Afghanistan. You think they would have any trouble finding him and his family, even if his name was Muhammad ??? That's a pretty sad defense of the pig Assange.

    I think that if one single person was/is killed due to these leaks, Assange should be imprisoned for life as an accessory to murder.
    Last edited by Gill; 12-17-10 at 09:08 AM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #27
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Another word for that would be "semantics". Something which I recall you using on me a long time ago in a gay marriage thread.


    link please.......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Would you like your name published if you were them ??

    Since you seem to know so much about the leak, you tell us how many were named Muhammed. I'm assuming they have more than one name, so I would imagine it was narrowed down a bit.

    For instance, a Taliban fighter considering defection was named, his father was named, and the village he lived in was named. That's about as close to an address as you could get in Afghanistan. You think they would have any trouble finding him and his family, even if his name was Muhammad ??? That's a pretty sad defense of the pig Assange.
    I can't prove a negative. I have not heard of any leaks containing the names of the informants father and/or village that he lived in.

    As for the names of the informants, I tried looking up some names. Interestingly enough I couldn't find a single name from an informant. Perhaps someone else around here will have better luck? wikileaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I think that if one single person was/is killed due to these leaks, Assange should be imprisoned for life as an accessory to murder.
    He would be no more at fault than some nutjob on the air saying that he wished someone was dead and then someone else living a thousand miles away goes out and kills that person.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Agreed. This is one case where I could support Shariah law.
    But he would have to agree to it, and that's only in civil matters... What you say makes no sense...

    Whatever, Assange should just go to Sweden and get questioned already, I don't see what all this hooblah is about. Get it over and done with so he can be freed already.

    To be honest I actually want him to be extradited to the US; it would be so much fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by turtledude
    someone in my family dies I have the right to waste the perpetrator
    Err... okay. Good luck with that

  10. #30
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Don't leak my address: Astonishing plea from WikiLeaks boss as he tries to get ba

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I can't prove a negative. I have not heard of any leaks containing the names of the informants father and/or village that he lived in.

    As for the names of the informants, I tried looking up some names. Interestingly enough I couldn't find a single name from an informant. Perhaps someone else around here will have better luck? wikileaks



    He would be no more at fault than some nutjob on the air saying that he wished someone was dead and then someone else living a thousand miles away goes out and kills that person.
    Well that settles it then. If you haven't heard of it, then I guess it never happened. Perhaps YOU should learn a little more about the problem rather than rushing to defend this POS.

    The leaking of 90,000 U.S. intelligence documents has put hundreds of Afghan lives at risk because the files identify informants working with NATO forces, The Times of London reported on Wednesday.

    In just two hours of searching the WikiLeaks archive, reporters found the names, villages, and fathers' names of dozens of Afghans credited with providing intelligence to U.S. forces, the paper said.

    WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said that all the released reports were checked for named informants and that 15,000 such documents had been held back to protect people.

    Despite his claim, The Times of London gave examples of informants named in the released documents.

    '[X] said that he would be killed'
    The paper, which withheld all details that would identify Afghans, said a Taliban fighter considering defection was named in a 2008 interview. The document reportedly included his village and statements he made about specific commanders and other potential defectors.

    "The meeting ended with [X] agreeing to meet with intel personnel from the battalion," the report reads, according the paper. It was not known whether the man subsequently left the Taliban.

    In a case from 2007, a middleman and the Taliban commander he spoke to were both named, according to the paper.

    "[X] said that he would be killed if he got caught interacting with any coalition forces, which is why he hides when we go into [Y]," the report read, according to The Times.
    Report: Afghan leaks expose identities of informants - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •