Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 126

Thread: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

  1. #51
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    you were out of the country in 2004?


    give you a hint; a reallllly fat guy was seated in the Presidents box at the Democratic Party Convention right next to Jimmy Carter. and it wasn't Chris Christie.
    Why is it shocking to you that he stood with the Democrating party in 2004? Does it need to be more obvious that he wanted Bush out more than anything? If you think he's such a Democrat lover and a shill for the party, why don't you google what he's been saying for the last year or so. There is no doubt Moore is liberal and firm in his stance. However I have not seen anything to indicate that he's partisan.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Amazing that you don't see Beck, Limbaugh et al. in the same light.

    I equate that to:

    Glenn = critical of the US government = loves America because he and Dav lean in a similar fashion
    Mike Moore = critical of the US government = hates America because he and Dav lean in different directions

    That's EXACTLY what you are reflecting.
    Not really. I don't give two craps about Beck, any more than I give two craps about Moore.

    I'm basing this on their words and actions alone.
    Beck has criticized certain aspects of U.S. policy, and praised other aspects of the country.
    Micheal Moore does not just criticize the U.S. government like Beck does, that is a complete mischaracterization. He critizices pretty much every aspect of the country, including every policy he ever talks about, its culture, its system, its economy, and the intelligence of its people. Unlike Beck, he doesn't have very much good things to say about any of that.

    Again, I don't care for Glenn Beck, but come on now. To say that Moore doesn't hate America more than he does is to completely ignore everything that Moore has said and done.


    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Is National Geographic wrong?
    Did National Geographic claim that Americans are the stupidest people in the world?
    Last edited by Dav; 12-16-10 at 06:14 PM.

  3. #53
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Here's that quote again in case you missed it:




    (From Michael Moore - Wikiquote, scroll down to 2004)


    Pretty much says all you need to know, really.
    Which is a criticism on our current society. It shows that he wants to improve it. Criticism is not hatred. Try again.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Which is a criticism on our current society. It shows that he wants to improve it. Criticism is not hatred. Try again.
    If you frame it that way, then pretty much everything is "just a criticism" and there is nothing you can show to prove hatred.


    If saying that Americans are possibly the dumbest people in the world doesn't show hatred of America, then nothing really does, short of a flat out declaration of "I hate America". Even without that statement, it was obvious from the patterns in the man's actions... that was just what made it completely clear. But fine, if you're going to say that every spiteful statement (not just "criticism", either, but outright insult) is just something he wants to see improved, then there's no debating with you, since that applies to every statement imagineable.

  5. #55
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Not really. I don't give two craps about Beck, any more than I give two craps about Moore.

    I'm basing this on their words and actions alone.
    Beck has criticized certain aspects of U.S. policy, and praised other aspects of the country.
    Micheal Moore does not just criticize the U.S. government like Beck does, that is a complete mischaracterization. He critizices pretty much every aspect of the country, including every policy he ever talks about, its culture, its system, its economy, and the intelligence of its people. Unlike Beck, he doesn't have very much good things to say about any of that.

    Again, I don't care for Glenn Beck, but come on now. To say that Moore doesn't hate America more than he does is to completely ignore everything that Moore has said and done.
    You greatly exaggerate. I can easily find quotes from both dispelling what you say. For instance, you think Beck loves Liberals? That's roughly 50% of Americans. So your logic is not right.





    Did National Geographic claim that Americans are the stupidest people in the world?
    No, but it's an easy conclusion when you see the results.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  6. #56
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Who cares what that fat slob anti America Michael Moore has to say.
    Catch me if you can.

  7. #57
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Well, he seems hell-bent that we need be more like Cuba. He loves their healthcare system. LOL
    I wish he'd move his fat ass to Cuba, Castro will put his big ass on a diet.
    Catch me if you can.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    You greatly exaggerate. I can easily find quotes from both dispelling what you say. For instance, you think Beck loves Liberals? That's roughly 50% of Americans. So your logic is not right.
    Actually, 20%.


    No, but it's an easy conclusion when you see the results.
    lolwut? 60% of Americans age 18-25 don't know the location of a single country according to a single poll, and... without knowing similar results for different countries, it's "easy" to conclude that Americans are the stupidest people in the world? Because we all know that the knowledge of a nation's college-age kids of where Great Britain is correlates with that nation's intelligence?

    If you're predisposed to think that already, then yeah, it is an easy conclusion.

  9. #59
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    If you frame it that way, then pretty much everything is "just a criticism" and there is nothing you can show to prove hatred.
    If he hated America, why would he be here? Why wouldn't his movies be about hating everything about America rather than focusing on criticisms he has with specific elements of our government politics and culture? And you're damn right I frame it that way. To me, hating America is taking the time to hijack airplanes and fly them into national landmarks, or leaving the country.


    If saying that Americans are possibly the dumbest people in the world doesn't show hatred of America, then nothing really does, short of a flat out declaration of "I hate America". Even without that statement, it was obvious from the patterns in the man's actions... that was just what made it completely clear. But fine, if you're going to say that every spiteful statement (not just "criticism", either, but outright insult) is just something he wants to see improved, then there's no debating with you, since that applies to every statement imagineable.
    There is a truth to that, though. Many Americans are incredibly ignorant of our own history. His statement was a blanket statement, but then again so was yours that he "hates America."

  10. #60
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Michael Moore Says Founders Would Have Been "Wikileakers"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    And you're damn right I frame it that way. To me, hating America is taking the time to hijack airplanes and fly them into national landmarks, or leaving the country.
    Again, then there's no arguing with you. That's like saying you can't hate chocolate unless you join the War on Chocolate and blow up a Hershey's building.

    Most people who hate America don't move. Moving to a different country is a very big deal, sometimes isn't plausible/affordable, and requires tons of preparations and a whole change of life just because of some ideological position. In Moore's case, though, it probably is mostly just because he's making tons of money living in America as it is, so he might as well just stay and make more money with documentaries to explain one more reason why he hates it to add to the pile.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •