Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

  1. #1
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg this morning put economic substance to his pox-on-both-your-houses criticism of Democratic and Republican governance, offering his own "middle way" -- and the clearest suggestion yet that he's positioning himself for the national stage.

    "We need our federal and state governments to chart a middle way between a government that would wash its hands of the problem and one that seeks to supplant the private sector; between a government that would stand on the sidelines and one that would take over the game," Bloomberg told the Association for a better New York in his prepared remarks, nominally on the theme of New York's economy:

    Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com



    Of course this tyrant is going to run. He is a true enemy of the state, and interstate criminal and should be stopped at any chance.

    He is not "the middle" he is far left.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Isn't he a republican and an entrepeneur?

  3. #3
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Isn't he a republican and an entrepeneur?


    1. no, he ran as one, but was not one. he soon dropped the (r) as soon as his mayorship was safe an adopted an (I)....

    2. not really, he was a made a partner at one money company, got fired and 10 million bucks, and made his money make more money, doesn't change the fact that he's a dirtbag.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Some of the best politicians are a little dirty. Eliot Spitzer, for instance.

  5. #5
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Some of the best politicians are a little dirty. Eliot Spitzer, for instance.

    a little?

    the people of new york rejected the abolishment of term limits, instead of listening to the will of the people he cut a deal with the city council circumventing the will of the people.

    He also sent his "agents" to southern states to make "strawman purchases" of guns, then sued them. This is an interstate crime, these "Agents" had to lie on the form.


    He's a dirtbag, a tyrant (salt, fat, smoking bans,) of the worst order.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #6
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Some of the best politicians are a little dirty.
    Politicians are like sex?

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    a little?

    the people of new york rejected the abolishment of term limits, instead of listening to the will of the people he cut a deal with the city council circumventing the will of the people.

    He also sent his "agents" to southern states to make "strawman purchases" of guns, then sued them. This is an interstate crime, these "Agents" had to lie on the form.


    He's a dirtbag, a tyrant (salt, fat, smoking bans,) of the worst order.
    ahhhaaa ... now I see why you hate him so much.

    and then you say this

    the people of new york rejected the abolishment of term limits, instead of listening to the will of the people he cut a deal with the city council circumventing the will of the people.
    while I sympathize with your term limits argument, the fact is that the people of New York spoke pretty loudly when the voted him in for a third term. It kind of weakens any argument that he ignored the will of the people even if both you and I see eye to eye on it.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-08-10 at 07:26 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #8
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    that was an amazingly insightful speech

    tell us rev, what about his proposal(s) do you object?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #9
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,590

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    a little?

    the people of new york rejected the abolishment of term limits, instead of listening to the will of the people he cut a deal with the city council circumventing the will of the people.

    He also sent his "agents" to southern states to make "strawman purchases" of guns, then sued them. This is an interstate crime, these "Agents" had to lie on the form.


    He's a dirtbag, a tyrant (salt, fat, smoking bans,) of the worst order.
    I agree Doucheberg ought to be someone's prison bitch for his conspiracy to violate federal and state gun laws



  10. #10
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Bloomberg, in major speech, offers 'a middle way'

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    ahhhaaa ... now I see why you hate him so much.

    You haven't a clue.


    and then you say this



    while I sympathize with your term limits argument, the fact is that the people of New York spoke pretty loudly when the voted him in for a third term. It kind of weakens any argument that he ignored the will of the people even if both you and I see eye to eye on it.


    You are right, a challenger with a spotty past and no money against the 10th richest man in the country? Sure the people of NY spoke, and they are idiots.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •