Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 275

Thread: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

  1. #61
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,791

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Decades and decades, if history is any indicator.

    You can spout all your strawman nonsense about "forcing people to lose," we know why your rhetoric is high on paranoia and low on argumentation. It's because you're afraid that the oppressed worker will revolt against his chains, and you will be expropriated in the process. You don't love liberty; you fear it, because true liberty has men like you in its crosshairs.
    you wouldn't know liberty if it jumped up and bit you in your ass. Your spartacus youth league slogans are indicative of a kid who really hasn't been in the real world for much time.

    true liberty is not something the government imposes kid



  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nah you don't like liberty, you hate it. you want to force people who are winners to lose so the losers feel better and people like you get power doing so . Life is unfair under any system but yours creates a leviathan that can kill millions to create your concept of fairness while mine merely requires nothing more than benign neglect.

    Try your alternatives-maybe you and Haymarket can start the peoples' revolution against capitalism

    you can contemplate how long that will last
    Before you take my name in vain, it would be nice to check with me to see if I want to get rid of capitalism ... once it is brought back and reinstalled that is. We have had a mixed economy for some time now, regardless if you like it or not, regardless if you will admit it or not. Pure unadulterated balls-to-the-walls capitalism has been dead here for some time now.

    and more from Turtle,

    true liberty is not something the government imposes kid
    of course it isn't ... its actually a nice bright and shiny bumper sticker.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-07-10 at 03:30 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you wouldn't know liberty if it jumped up and bit you in your ass. Your spartacus youth league slogans are indicative of a kid who really hasn't been in the real world for much time.

    true liberty is not something the government imposes kid
    The only thing that can protect liberty is the force of the state. It seems that everyone in the Western world has learned this except America.

    Condescending to people does not make you any less of an illiterate useful idiot for the forces of oppression.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i am trying to figure you out, barb. why else? i don't mean this in a nasty way.
    If you must know, I'm disabled and don't know when, if, I'll be able to work again. I'm living off my 401K and hoping it will last until I either can work again or collect social security.
    I'm doing my best to stay off disability benefits until then. I own my own mobile home and land, my own truck, so have fewer bills than most people. I splurge on internet and Dish TV but frugal when it comes to other luxuries. I don't even have a cell phone because I can do without one. Oh yea, I also "splurge" on my favorite charities, but find that is money well spent. It always comes back to me in one form or another.
    So, why are you a liberal? What gave you that mindset?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #65
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,791

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    The only thing that can protect liberty is the force of the state. It seems that everyone in the Western world has learned this except America.

    Condescending to people does not make you any less of an illiterate useful idiot for the forces of oppression.
    income redistribution runs counter to liberty

    liberty includes failing and suffering the consequences



  6. #66
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    If you must know, I'm disabled and don't know when, if, I'll be able to work again. I'm living off my 401K and hoping it will last until I either can work again or collect social security.
    I'm doing my best to stay off disability benefits until then. I own my own mobile home and land, my own truck, so have fewer bills than most people. I splurge on internet and Dish TV but frugal when it comes to other luxuries. I don't even have a cell phone because I can do without one. Oh yea, I also "splurge" on my favorite charities, but find that is money well spent. It always comes back to me in one form or another.
    So, why are you a liberal? What gave you that mindset?
    a sense of justice and fainess....and i really didn't mean for you to provide specific details.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #67
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Decades and decades, if history is any indicator.

    You can spout all your strawman nonsense about "forcing people to lose," we know why your rhetoric is high on paranoia and low on argumentation. It's because you're afraid that the oppressed worker will revolt against his chains, and you will be expropriated in the process. You don't love liberty; you fear it, because true liberty has men like you in its crosshairs.
    The oppressed are the ones living off others work and being oppressed by the progressives with the handouts.
    I don't get how you think "workers" are oppressed. Someone has to pay the bills.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    income redistribution runs counter to liberty
    It runs counter to the liberty of the rich majority, maybe, but it acts in the interest of the liberty of everyone else. It ends the slavery of the worker to those who own capital.
    liberty includes failing and suffering the consequences
    Okay, but that has nothing to do with anything we're discussing.

  9. #69
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    The oppressed are the ones living off others work and being oppressed by the progressives with the handouts.
    I don't get how you think "workers" are oppressed. Someone has to pay the bills.
    and by gosh it should be the workers,huh?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #70
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,791

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    It runs counter to the liberty of the rich majority, maybe, but it acts in the interest of the liberty of everyone else. It ends the slavery of the worker to those who own capital.

    Okay, but that has nothing to do with anything we're discussing.
    MOre communist nonsense. liberty and rights are not impositions on others

    study that fact



Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •