Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 275

Thread: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Decades and decades, if history is any indicator.

    You can spout all your strawman nonsense about "forcing people to lose," we know why your rhetoric is high on paranoia and low on argumentation. It's because you're afraid that the oppressed worker will revolt against his chains, and you will be expropriated in the process. You don't love liberty; you fear it, because true liberty has men like you in its crosshairs.
    please explain to me how, because I have a job, I am automatically an 'oppressed worker'. I don't 'feel' oppressed. I do a fair days work... receive a fair days compensation. I win... my employer wins.

    HOW... am I 'oppressed'?

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Nature holds the whip silly. It's not my fault you have to eat and you were born in the most prosperous free nation in human history. Poor you, degraded by having to "work" for a living. holy crap.

    I was not degraded in the least working min wage to help people, and ultimately help society as a whole function, and to help fund my future.
    It's not the idea of working for a living, it's the relationship between capital and labor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    What would a revolt accomplish exactly? How would the country look if you succeeded?

    I might join you because this country's going to hell. :-)
    You'd take control of corporations from private owners and turn them over to state control. Factories, office buildings, hotels, everything. You take them, and make them the engines of the country, not just of capitalist barons. You take these businesses, and you make them democratic in nature, rather than having terms dictated to you by those fortunate enough to have capital.

    That way, you remove the indignity and serfdom from the necessity of labor, and the profits can be divided in a manner that is more reflective of who does the actual labor.

  3. #143
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    please explain to me how, because I have a job, I am automatically an 'oppressed worker'. I don't 'feel' oppressed. I do a fair days work... receive a fair days compensation. I win... my employer wins.

    HOW... am I 'oppressed'?
    What is your job?
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  4. #144
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    He's certainly a capitalist creep, but the bit about thieves was more directed toward people who have employees who work under them. I don't know if Turtle has employees, but if he is not a thief himself, then he supports thieves.
    yeah if you give someone a job that they readily accept you are a thief

    do you realize how idiotic that sounds.



  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    So, if I want to get a job & earn a living, I am automatcially considered 'subservient' by you?

    It must be sad to be you.
    It is sad to be human. That is how the world works, and that is why we must work to change it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    please explain to me how, because I have a job, I am automatically an 'oppressed worker'. I don't 'feel' oppressed. I do a fair days work... receive a fair days compensation. I win... my employer wins.

    HOW... am I 'oppressed'?
    Are you dictated terms by a superior? If so, congratulations. Because you are not a member of the highest stratum of monied interests in this country, you were born into a world where you were forced to work on the terms of those born to the purple.

    Unlike them, you are only as free as they will allow. The world is their oyster. They tell you what to do, and to be thankful for the scraps that you receive.

  6. #146
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah if you give someone a job that they readily accept you are a thief

    do you realize how idiotic that sounds.
    Listen. I understand what you are arguing but you need to understand far-left axioms before you go bashing Patria. From his logic private ownership is theft. A by product of an economic system and state that perpetuates it. You have no natural claim to ownership of resources, as far as the far-left is concerned.
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    The worker is oppressed in this society merely by being a worker. Unless you are born into a particular class, you are born into a state of forced subservience to those who control wealth. There's a word for this form of slavery, and it's "employment."
    So then, I take it you are not currently employed, out of philosophical choice... correct?

    How do you support yourself? On the good will of others?

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah if you give someone a job that they readily accept you are a thief

    do you realize how idiotic that sounds.
    A dog thanks his master even for scraps.

    It's sickly and subservient, but its true.

  9. #149
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because taxation is exactly the same as shopping at Costco according to you Turtle. A high school kid taking Government knows more than you do about the purpose of taxation.
    you confuse what is and what should be--a government should be treated the same as any other service provider. YOu should get what you pay for and not have to pay for the services others get unless it can be proven they have already done something for you.

    can you tell me why one group of people should have to pay for the services others use-others who are not veterans or disabled firefighters etc. ie people who have done nothing for those charged with paying for them



  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    So then, I take it you are not currently employed, out of philosophical choice... correct?

    How do you support yourself? On the good will of others?
    No, I'm most certainly employed.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •