Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 275

Thread: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

  1. #91
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    how is paying a fair share punishing anyone?
    a fair share means everyone pays for what they use

    liberals have no objective basis for what they call "fair"



  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    a fair share means everyone pays for what they use

    liberals have no objective basis for what they call "fair"
    Turtle... and yet again, for a time beyond reckoning or calculation, you labor under the self imposed delusion that taxation is akin to shopping at Costco, with you and others filling up your carts with only what you want to purchase and then paying at the check out.

    You need to get hold a a basic high school government text and read about taxation.

    Although I imagine if you repeat this 1,000 times in the next year you might win the Bart Simpson Blackboard Award for persistence.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nor does your communist nonsense

    but the pattern and practice of this nation favors my interpretation rather than yours
    Way to support a logical fallacy with the exact same logical fallacy.

    Do you have any sort of argument to offer to what I've said? Or are you just going to repeat the fact that I'm young and socialist over and over, and then repeat some non sequiturs?

  4. #94
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Turtle... and yet again, for a time beyond reckoning or calculation, you labor under the self imposed delusion that taxation is akin to shopping at Costco, with you and others filling up your carts with only what you want to purchase and then paying at the check out.

    You need to get hold a a basic high school government text and read about taxation.

    Although I imagine if you repeat this 1,000 times in the next year you might win the Bart Simpson Blackboard Award for persistence.
    my definition is one of fair. It also is consistent with the founders' concept of taxes. The dems sort of pissed all over that concept in order to buy the votes of people who feel like you do

    You seem to think that once a system is in place it is set in stone and the fact that it is currently being used means it is right as well as being fair

    that is why you are so terrified of any system that prevents your masters buying the votes of your bots using the money of others



  5. #95
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Way to support a logical fallacy with the exact same logical fallacy.

    Do you have any sort of argument to offer to what I've said? Or are you just going to repeat the fact that I'm young and socialist over and over, and then repeat some non sequiturs?
    this is coming from somebody who whines that peole are oppressed when they contract?



  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is coming from somebody who whines that peole are oppressed when they contract?
    What is it I have said that this post is intended to refute?

  7. #97
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    It's a perfect reason, actually.
    Actually its not, because "fairness" is an intangiable abstraction that is identified differently based on the vantage point of an individual.

    You see "fairness" in taking money from people you think don't deserve it and giving it to "less fortunate.". Where as others see taking money from people who have worked to earn said money and giving it to people who haven't worked to earn it as inherently "unfair". Your particular viewpoint of what is or isn't fair is, frankly, irrelevant and far from being some kind of universal guiding tool.

    Fairness, like beauty and many other things, is in the eye of the beholder. The issue with trying to pass or push for any kind of government legislation based on "fairness" is the fact that its a meaningless word that could mean a dozen things to a dozen people.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    my definition is one of fair. It also is consistent with the founders' concept of taxes. The dems sort of pissed all over that concept in order to buy the votes of people who feel like you do

    You seem to think that once a system is in place it is set in stone and the fact that it is currently being used means it is right as well as being fair

    that is why you are so terrified of any system that prevents your masters buying the votes of your bots using the money of others
    Well you be sure to let me know when the late 18th century rolls around again so I can dust off those old calendars. Going back to the day of 13 states huddled along the eastern seaboard with 4 million farmers and small merchants in a nation pretty much isolated from the rest of the world operating under an agrarian economic system. Yeah partner, you let us all know when that comes around again and those old concepts you claim about taxes just may have some merit then.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #99
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,544

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Well you be sure to let me know when the late 18th century rolls around again so I can dust off those old calendars. Going back to the day of 13 states huddled along the eastern seaboard with 4 million farmers and small merchants in a nation pretty much isolated from the rest of the world operating under an agrarian economic system. Yeah partner, you let us all know when that comes around again and those old concepts you claim about taxes just may have some merit then.
    yawn-that's a lame response.

    the post above yours pretty much deals with the "fairness" nonsense



  10. #100
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: Tentative agreement reached on tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yawn-that's a lame response.

    the post above yours pretty much deals with the "fairness" nonsense
    Actually, every single word of it is true. If it is not, please tell me where it is inaccurate.

    IF you are so able to do. Feel free to dust off some of those old Ivy League college tomes now being used to press old $10,000.00 bills for the needed information.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •