Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,771

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL you taught government to high school kids. Tell me your training in say tax law.

    oops
    tell you what Turtle. I will not make a public ass out of myself by attempting to question your occupational skills because I disagree with what you say here despite my never having observed you actually doing your job.

    And you can return the courtesy towards me.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #22
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    tell you what Turtle. I will not make a public ass out of myself by attempting to question your occupational skills because I disagree with what you say here despite my never having observed you actually doing your job.

    And you can return the courtesy towards me.
    NO reason to do that. I just know I have more understanding of the tax code and types of taxes than you do given I have litigated tax cases



  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,771

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    NO reason to do that. I just know I have more understanding of the tax code and types of taxes than you do given I have litigated tax cases
    Let me make this very clear for you Turtle since you did not seem to get it or want to get it the first time. You want to start being bitchy and make snide comments about my teaching ability even though you don't know zip about it simply because you disagree with my position on a political issue here - we can go down that road. Its up to you.

    But since you are putting yourself in the position of the Ivy League educated lawyer who knows about tax law, please quote chapter and verse for all of use where in the tax law or code it says anything about each taxpayer being returned exactly what they pay into the system - no more and no less - which is what you are always moaning and crying about.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #24
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Let me make this very clear for you Turtle since you did not seem to get it or want to get it the first time. You want to start being bitchy and make snide comments about my teaching ability even though you don't know zip about it simply because you disagree with my position on a political issue here - we can go down that road. Its up to you.

    But since you are putting yourself in the position of the Ivy League educated lawyer who knows about tax law, please quote chapter and verse for all of use where in the tax law or code it says anything about each taxpayer being returned exactly what they pay into the system - no more and no less - which is what you are always moaning and crying about.
    you might be a good teacher

    what you are not is more educated about taxes than I am.

    I am not saying what the tax code is

    I am saying what a fair tax code SHOULD BE

    learn the difference



  5. #25
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Why should a person's income from dividends be taxed at a lower rate then a persons income from actually being productive.
    that's a false dichotomy; in both instances the individual is being productive. the main difference that i can see is that one form is taxed twice.

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that's a false dichotomy; in both instances the individual is being productive. the main difference that i can see is that one form is taxed twice.

    There is no double tax. Money that makes money is taxed at a lower rate. You are not taxed on the principle.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,771

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you might be a good teacher

    what you are not is more educated about taxes than I am.

    I am not saying what the tax code is

    I am saying what a fair tax code SHOULD BE

    learn the difference
    And that is fine with me. Just DO NOT EVER think that you can criticize my teaching simply because I see things in government differently than you do.

    And since you are saying what a fair tax should be , your previous comment about my knowledge of the tax code seems to be rather inappropriate since you are not basing your views on what is in the code at all.

    You want to talk about pie in the sky? Go for it. The only problem is that you want the biggest piece of pie and you want everyone else to pay more so you can have it all to yourself.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #28
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    There is no double tax. Money that makes money is taxed at a lower rate. You are not taxed on the principle.
    corporate profits are where dividends come from and they are taxed twice



  9. #29
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    There is no double tax. Money that makes money is taxed at a lower rate. You are not taxed on the principle.
    the labor which is represented by that money (labor i have stored in monetary form) has already been taxed; now it is taxed again? furthermore, it is taxed when it makes money and then again when i get it in the form of 'income'? maybe this is a subjective question; but it doesn't seem to me how this isn't double taxation.

  10. #30
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Delaying Tax Vote Could Crash Stock Market

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And that is fine with me. Just DO NOT EVER think that you can criticize my teaching simply because I see things in government differently than you do.

    And since you are saying what a fair tax should be , your previous comment about my knowledge of the tax code seems to be rather inappropriate since you are not basing your views on what is in the code at all.

    You want to talk about pie in the sky? Go for it. The only problem is that you want the biggest piece of pie and you want everyone else to pay more so you can have it all to yourself.
    and you want to eat pie you did nothing to bake or create merely because you exist in the same area as the cook



Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •