Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 733

Thread: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

  1. #431
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Name one conservative social program ever proposed.....
    Allowing people to keep more of their own money allows them to take care of their own social needs. Returning the power to the states does the same thing. You seem to think that the role of the Federal govt. is to take on personal responsibility issues.

  2. #432
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I'm sure they aren't impacting the states average IQ too badly....
    well, um, a couple of them might be.......;-)

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #433
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So food stamps do help not feed hungry people?
    Medical care does not heal and treat the sick?
    So that is your definition of success, high costs, high fraud, and bigger budgets?

  4. #434
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nope, no state is perfect but TX economic results are better than any other big state in the nation. Too bad liberal arrogance won't allow for stealing some of TX ideas.
    Many liberals are arrogant, that is true, but many conservatives are ignorant....given a choice, I will go with arrogant.
    In fact, my granddaughter's brain surgeon is arrogant, according to his own staff. But he has cause to be, he is very good at what he does....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #435
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So that is your definition of success, high costs, high fraud, and bigger budgets?
    High fraud, like on Wall Street? There might be half a dozen liberals on Wall Street, the rest are probably GOP Ponzi scheme operators...

    There certainly is fraud in social programs, I propose we cut off all welfare, food stamps, medical care to the alledged poor, call it an experiment.
    Then after a year when the truly poor and disadvantage have died, we will know that the survivors of this experiment are perpetrating fraud, and we can arrest them and put them into labor camps...operated by Glenn Beck...that'll teach them...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #436
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,688

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So that is your definition of success, high costs, high fraud, and bigger budgets?
    Actually my definition of success for those programs would be feeding the hungry and treating the sick.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #437
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Allowing people to keep more of their own money allows them to take care of their own social needs. Returning the power to the states does the same thing. You seem to think that the role of the Federal govt. is to take on personal responsibility issues.
    You are leaving out the ones who don't have jobs, thanks to greedy "entrepeneurs" who jimmied the real estate business...

    But I agree that the states should have the power, and responsibility, to deal with these issues. The closer to home the criminals, the sooner law enforcement will be able to weed out and incarcerate the crooks. We will need more prisons, tho...

    And as a form of cruel and unusual punishment, they should be forced to listen to ubercon pundits for 16 hours a day...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #438
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Allowing people to keep more of their own money allows them to take care of their own social needs. Returning the power to the states does the same thing. You seem to think that the role of the Federal govt. is to take on personal responsibility issues.
    Sorry, their own income isn't sufficient....thanks to the income gap getting bigger and bigger and bigger....
    but we shouldn't care, we gots ours, right?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #439
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    High fraud, like on Wall Street? There might be half a dozen liberals on Wall Street, the rest are probably GOP Ponzi scheme operators...

    There certainly is fraud in social programs, I propose we cut off all welfare, food stamps, medical care to the alledged poor, call it an experiment.
    Then after a year when the truly poor and disadvantage have died, we will know that the survivors of this experiment are perpetrating fraud, and we can arrest them and put them into labor camps...operated by Glenn Beck...that'll teach them...

    Millions and millions are invested in Wall Street without any problems, yet you focus on the exception rather than the rule. That is what liberals always do and you support that kind of arrogance? You don't seem to get it, but food stamps, medical care, welfare are state and local issues, not a Federal issue. Why anyone would support these being handled by the bloated Federal Govt. is beyond me.

  10. #440
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,688

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Millions and millions are invested in Wall Street without any problems, yet you focus on the exception rather than the rule. That is what liberals always do and you support that kind of arrogance? You don't seem to get it, but food stamps, medical care, welfare are state and local issues, not a Federal issue. Why anyone would support these being handled by the bloated Federal Govt. is beyond me.
    Could you please tell all of us how you managed to sleep through the terrible Wall Street disasters of this past decade?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •